Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Not Sold on Dylan Morris at Husky QB? PFF Offers a Differing View

13»

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

"There is the matter of 5-star recruit Sam Huard joining the program and needing to play some, because, well, he's a 5-star prospect. He can spell Morris when needed. A lot of fans want that to happen sooner than later.

Then maybe they can boo him, too."

Love how Raley blames the fans for not giving into Morris's short comings.

Wonder how many QB's the last 20 years have won a natty who:

1. Can't throw a deep ball.
    2. Have a quarter of their passes batted down.
    3. Can only throw the ball at one height/pace.
    4. Do not take calculated risks.

And that's not to say there's things I don't like about him. He's a fiery little dude who clearly wants to win. He seems to be a good leader. He's not a bad QB... but he's a game manager. He lacks the physical abilities needed to take an offense to the next level.

Lazy, generic criticisms not fact based, especially after four fucked up scrimmages in front of empty seats. Christ.

You guys that don't like Morris wouldn't sound so dumb if you didn't state things as fact. He does have the physical ability to throw the deep ball, and in fact had a few of them dropped. Others he over threw. He doesn't get that many balls batted, and thats because he CAN and DOES throw the ball at different heights/pace. He's brilliant at changing his throwing angle to find lanes.

Watch more than a few fucked up games before you pretend to be so sure.

Or don't. The board needs shit assessments posted too.
    Hmmm. :|
    Well, just give him one more fucked up game then he'll turn it on...
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    dannarc said:

I'll take Morris over anybody right now. Ice water in vein, man, and what about @PartyAnimal? Let's go fuck up Oregon and Khaki Man with those guys!!

😂
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Canadawg said:

Morris would have beaten #wareagle and pedostate. Browning had some good skills but was the opposite of a gamer. Dymo has way more x factor that I like to have on game winning drives

X factor
  • TheDudeTheDude Member Posts: 87
    chuck said:

The jumping to conclusions after four games is stupid. Morris could be average. He could be Baker Mayfield. He’s probably somewhere in between. Some of the Morris haters sucked off Jacob Eason. Nuff said on that.

Not a player on the roster in the last 10 years would have competed with Justin Fields or Jake Fromm. And there isn’t a skill player on UW that would have even been offered a walk on position at Georgia. Eason had his faults but come on man let’s be real.
    An exaggeration for sure, but I get your point. Fuller is a fringe NFL player. He could get time at Georgia albeit not as a #1 or even #2 WR. Gaskin and Ahmed would get carries.

Eason wasn’t good. He’s in the NFL because he’s big with a rocket arm. He might not make the roster this year as the Colts drafted another QB. He probably will, but he was very overhyped by many of us. I’m guilty of it too. I bought in early in the year.
    Big dudes with million dollar arms and shit for brains are a dime a dozen. I was excited to have Eason at UW, but what I saw was disappointing. Maybe another year would have been better but I have doubts.
    There's been so many. Ryan Leaf Tim Couch the list goes on and on. It's a rare breed to have that arm and the brains to back it up. To
    m Brady doesn't win because of arm talent. Payton Manning
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,355
    TheDude said:

chuck said:

The jumping to conclusions after four games is stupid. Morris could be average. He could be Baker Mayfield. He’s probably somewhere in between. Some of the Morris haters sucked off Jacob Eason. Nuff said on that.

Not a player on the roster in the last 10 years would have competed with Justin Fields or Jake Fromm. And there isn’t a skill player on UW that would have even been offered a walk on position at Georgia. Eason had his faults but come on man let’s be real.
    An exaggeration for sure, but I get your point. Fuller is a fringe NFL player. He could get time at Georgia albeit not as a #1 or even #2 WR. Gaskin and Ahmed would get carries.

Eason wasn’t good. He’s in the NFL because he’s big with a rocket arm. He might not make the roster this year as the Colts drafted another QB. He probably will, but he was very overhyped by many of us. I’m guilty of it too. I bought in early in the year.
    Big dudes with million dollar arms and shit for brains are a dime a dozen. I was excited to have Eason at UW, but what I saw was disappointing. Maybe another year would have been better but I have doubts.
    There's been so many. Ryan Leaf Tim Couch the list goes on and on. It's a rare breed to have that arm and the brains to back it up. To
    m Brady doesn't win because of arm talent. Payton Manning
    That's not the point of returning to this thread. :|