Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Not Sold on Dylan Morris at Husky QB? PFF Offers a Differing View

Comments

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

People forget that both Lambo and Rick tried to force Tui into a modern offense

Rick giving in to the wishbone won our last Rose Bowl

We can try to be like everyone else or we can try to win with what we have

Or, we* can recruit top level talent across the board and run whatever the fuck we* want.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,363 Swaye's Wigwam

Billy Joe Hobart got booed in 92 at home during the Wisconsin game.

Defending national champion who had never lost a start

Tuff husky fans who would smash your face in

I remember Brunel as well….Don James at the 5th Quarter. Only time I really saw him get mad and walk out.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    I’m going to need to see a championship
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

The jumping to conclusions after four games is stupid. Morris could be average. He could be Baker Mayfield. He’s probably somewhere in between. Some of the Morris haters sucked off Jacob Eason. Nuff said on that.

Big swinging dick gunslinger @dflea
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

The jumping to conclusions after four games is stupid. Morris could be average. He could be Baker Mayfield. He’s probably somewhere in between. Some of the Morris haters sucked off Jacob Eason. Nuff said on that.

Not a player on the roster in the last 10 years would have competed with Justin Fields or Jake Fromm. And there isn’t a skill player on UW that would have even been offered a walk on position at Georgia. Eason had his faults but come on man let’s be real.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,624 Swaye's Wigwam

Not a player on the roster in the last 10 years would have competed with Justin Fields or Jake Fromm. And there isn’t a skill player on UW that would have even been offered a walk on position at Georgia. Eason had his faults but come on man let’s be real.
    An exaggeration for sure, but I get your point. Fuller is a fringe NFL player. He could get time at Georgia albeit not as a #1 or even #2 WR. Gaskin and Ahmed would get carries.

Eason wasn’t good. He’s in the NFL because he’s big with a rocket arm. He might not make the roster this year as the Colts drafted another QB. He probably will, but he was very overhyped by many of us. I’m guilty of it too. I bought in early in the year.
    Big win over EWU had everyone dooging

Pgos predicted the Cal loss as he learned that lesson in 2014
  • StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 534 Founders Club

People forget that both Lambo and Rick tried to force Tui into a modern offense

Rick giving in to the wishbone won our last Rose Bowl

We can try to be like everyone else or we can try to win with what we have

My personal preference is inside the 10 we line up in a wishbone with the starting nose guard as the lead fullback.

Like the Spanish Inquisition, no one expects it.
  • StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 534 Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

Morris would have beaten #wareagle and pedostate. Browning had some good skills but was the opposite of a gamer. Dymo has way more x factor that I like to have on game winning drives

There were 2 brownsocks. After Oregon where he was hurt and before when he was a baller. His psyche never made it out of that game.

• TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797

Wow, it’s like Greg McElroy, Craig Krenzel, and Ken Dorsey didn’t even exist.

Mark Ingram, Maurice Clarett, and Willis McGahee aren’t walking through that door.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,491 Standard Supporter

Canadawg said:

Morris would have beaten #wareagle and pedostate. Browning had some good skills but was the opposite of a gamer. Dymo has way more x factor that I like to have on game winning drives

There were 2 brownsocks. After Oregon where he was hurt and before when he was a baller. His psyche never made it out of that game.

* you mean like the Oregon State gayme? :wink:
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,368
    edited July 2021
    I'll take Morris over anybody right now. Ice water in vein, man, and what about @PartyAnimal? Let's go fuck up Oregon and Khaki Man with those guys!!
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,549 Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

This. We go to war with Morris and that's it. Sam needs to be Trevor Lawrence to see the field, imo.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

All they needed to complement them and win a title was a blue blood program’s roster stacked with early round round draft picks, future NFL stars, and/or the most talent laden team in the history of college football. Plus, coaching staffs with a history of high level success. That’s it, nothing more.

I don’t think it’s impossible, but nobody except maybe Alabama could win a title without a top 5 QB in today’s college football. It would take luck and a dominant team to win without a great QB.

UW needs a sure fire stud at QB to be in the conversation. Without it, our ceiling is being a good, but not great team.
    That was the hyperbolic poont I’m making.

Unless you’re 2001 Miami or 2009 Alabama, relative to today’s teams, you need a stud QB for any goal loftier than backing into a conference title/beating one of the other four conferences second best team in a NY6 game.
    Even Saban decided that Blake Sims and Jake Coker won’t be good enough going forward and he needs QBs for his roster of NFL receivers.
    TTJ said:

Mark Ingram, Maurice Clarett, and Willis McGahee aren’t walking through that door.
    Once again, the same thing. Those teams didn’t need great QBs, and with the probable exception of Clarett/tOSU, might not have needed those RBs either.

You add any of those guys to 2010 or 2014 Oregon or 2016 Washington and it doesn’t change their results. Give them all three and unless they are able to block Nick Fairley, tackle Zeke, or are capable of blocking the entire 2016 Crimson Tide it won’t make a difference.

We can remove Willis McGahee from ever walking through a door, and 2001 Miami survives without their third leading rusher. Shit, take out leading rusher Clinton Portis as well. Takes you down to having to use Frank Gore as your only RB, if he shits the laundry basket you could let Najeh Davenport be your number two. That would leave you with a mere 15 first round picks and 37 total picks remaining on the team to try to eke out some wins.
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,355
    edited September 2021

I can't wait for Huard personally. UW hasn't had a guy who can really spin it for a while."There is the matter of 5-star recruit Sam Huard joining the program and needing to play some, because, well, he's a 5-star prospect. He can spell Morris when needed. A lot of fans want that to happen sooner than later.

Then maybe they can boo him, too."

Love how Raley blames the fans for not giving into Morris's short comings.

Wonder how many QB's the last 20 years have won a natty who:

1. Can't throw a deep ball.
    2. Have a quarter of their passes batted down.
    3. Can only throw the ball at one height/pace.
    4. Do not take calculated risks.

And that's not to say there's things I don't like about him. He's a fiery little dude who clearly wants to win. He seems to be a good leader. He's not a bad QB... but he's a game manager. He lacks the physical abilities needed to take an offense to the next level.

Hmmm. :| lots of fuck offs and not your best efforts on this post.
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,355
    chuck said:

"There is the matter of 5-star recruit Sam Huard joining the program and needing to play some, because, well, he's a 5-star prospect. He can spell Morris when needed. A lot of fans want that to happen sooner than later.

Then maybe they can boo him, too."

Love how Raley blames the fans for not giving into Morris's short comings.

Wonder how many QB's the last 20 years have won a natty who:

1. Can't throw a deep ball.
    2. Have a quarter of their passes batted down.
    3. Can only throw the ball at one height/pace.
    4. Do not take calculated risks.

And that's not to say there's things I don't like about him. He's a fiery little dude who clearly wants to win. He seems to be a good leader. He's not a bad QB... but he's a game manager. He lacks the physical abilities needed to take an offense to the next level.

Lazy, generic criticisms not fact based, especially after four fucked up scrimmages in front of empty seats. Christ.

You guys that don't like Morris wouldn't sound so dumb if you didn't state things as fact. He does have the physical ability to throw the deep ball, and in fact had a few of them dropped. Others he over threw. He doesn't get that many balls batted, and thats because he CAN and DOES throw the ball at different heights/pace. He's brilliant at changing his throwing angle to find lanes.

Watch more than a few fucked up games before you pretend to be so sure.

Or don't. The board needs shit assessments posted too.
    Hmmm. :|