Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

So why not this?

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
If everyone has to vote then make it a law. Its a holiday with shrimp on the barbie

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    It should be a day off. Kill Juneteenth and make this a national holiday, but you have to vote on that day in the precinct you’re registered in. If you need to vote absentee you have to request a ballot two weeks prior to Election Day using a state issued photo ID to prove your identity.

Get rid of all computer voting that’s hooked to the internet and make everyone mark a paper ballot.

Presto, no more voter fraud nor worries about voter fraud
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Requiring ID is racist
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Requiring ID is racist

Jim Crow 2.0
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Kill Juneteenth in general because it sounds fucking ignorant and I'm tired of the media's weird recent decision to glorify everything black people do.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Kill Juneteenth in general because it sounds fucking ignorant and I'm tired of the media's weird recent decision to glorify everything black people do.

I kind of like the idea of a holiday marking the ending of the Democrat's chattel slavery. But it should be on the date that the 13th Amendment was ratified, not the date it got to a bunch of ignorant Rat party slave holders.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    they should combine Juneteenth and National Talk Ebonics Day
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Australians are forced to vote in (S)elections where their vote doesn't actually count.
    5 Eye, 5g Nazi Australia, it will need to be invaded to liberate it. Maybe Xi Jinping
    will take care of it after evicting the adrenochrome trafficking Nazis from Tawain.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I learned this watching Mr. In Between

No student loan required
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    I think I’d be okay with it but I’m not 100% sure. It’s complicated.

What’s not complicated is that it wouldn’t work in America, we are way too individualistic.

Just make it a national holiday. Why are you so scared of more people having the opportunity to vote?
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

What’s not complicated is that it wouldn’t work in America, we are way too individualistic.

Just make it a national holiday. Why are you so scared of more people having the opportunity to vote?

I'm so scared I suggested that everyone be required to vote and to make it a holiday

And Bob is right too. In person with ID

I suspect the democrats are much more afraid of this

Hard to claim people want to supress the vote although you made a valiant if futile effort
    I thought you were doing a slippery slope “this is what they’ll do next” thing. Ok, I’m trying to figure out if you’re DJ levels of insane here or if you actually have something.

In this hypothetical that I don’t deal in, are the dems more afraid of you in a general or me in a primary?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750

I'm so scared I suggested that everyone be required to vote and to make it a holiday

Hard to claim people want to supress the vote although you made a valiant if futile effort
    I thought you were doing a slippery slope “this is what they’ll do next” thing. Ok, I’m trying to figure out if you’re DJ levels of insane here or if you actually have something.

In this hypothetical that I don’t deal in, are the dems more afraid of you in a general or me in a primary?
    Next time.

Just let it go.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

After 2020

Neither
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    Kaepsknee said:

No one is. What was and is scary is allowing vote by mail for 30 million voters when protocol to verify addresses, whether they are still alive and whether they are actual eligible to vote was never done.

My guy in Marion County elections says that it took over a year to vet to get a secure initial vote by mail election. In a state that had about 3 million people at the time. It’s an intensive, exhausting undertaking to do it right.

It wasn’t done right in 2020.
    It also wasn’t done right in 2016. But OK
  • Options
    HuskyJW said:

Kaepsknee said:

No one is. What was and is scary is allowing vote by mail for 30 million voters when protocol to verify addresses, whether they are still alive and whether they are actual eligible to vote was never done.

My guy in Marion County elections says that it took over a year to vet to get a secure initial vote by mail election. In a state that had about 3 million people at the time. It’s an intensive, exhausting undertaking to do it right.

Ah. Still hanging on to the Russian interference angle.

Sad.

But once again, I axe, when is Trump going to be inaugurated?
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    Kaepsknee said:

HuskyJW said:

Kaepsknee said:

Sad.

August

So say the Pillow Biters
  • Options
    HuskyJW said:

Kaepsknee said:

HuskyJW said:

Kaepsknee said:

Sad.

August

So say the Pillow Biters
    No. No. No.

You doubled down twice on and after Election Day that Trump would be elected President.

Explain yourself.