Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How Many Football Games Will UW Win This Season?

Comments

• BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Im going to go with a 9-3, Alamo Bowl season

Yipee!
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,502 Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Yipee!
    Id honestly be happy with 9-3 and a bowl win

Would create a lot of momentum. Losing Eddie, Bowman, Kirkland, and McDuffie would hurt. But damn near everyone else would be a vet and the expectation would be a title in 2022

I dont think many hear would be pissed with 10-3 with a throbbing of Sark or Iowa State
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,527 Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Yipee!

Would create a lot of momentum. Losing Eddie, Bowman, Kirkland, and McDuffie would hurt. But damn near everyone else would be a vet and the expectation would be a title in 2022

I dont think many hear would be pissed with 10-3 with a throbbing of Sark or Iowa State
    9-3 is a failure. They get Oregon, ASU, and Cal at home. They should beat Michigan on the road. They fucking better show up at Stanford. That's it.

The schedule is a cake walk. Montana and Arkansas St are scrimmages.

If Jimmy loses more than two, he is another Charlatan. He has to deliver this year. No excuses.

Veteran OL. Veteran stable of RBs. Experienced QB. A well above average Pac-12 Defense.

If they lose 3 they are pretenders and doomed to mediocrity.
    Agree on all counts.

They'll lose 3.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,502 Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Yipee!

9-3 is a failure. They get Oregon, ASU, and Cal at home. They should beat Michigan on the road. They fucking better show up at Stanford. That's it.

If Jimmy loses more than two, he is another Charlatan. He has to deliver this year. No excuses.

Veteran OL. Veteran stable of RBs. Experienced QB. A well above average Pac-12 Defense.

UW cant win games like @Michigan until proven otherwise

Chalking that up as an L

Similar season to 2018 minus the Rose Bowl

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Yipee!

Chalking that up as an L

UW plays an easier schedule. No Auburn. Oregon and Cal at home. An unranked Coug and Utah. If UW dumps 3, they're going backwards and Jimmy sucks.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

godawgst said:

With the schedule they should win 9 as the baseline, but I think it will be 8

Michigan is a L as is at Stanford until proven otherwise.

UCLA or ASU will get them, and I can see us choking Oregon or at Colorado as well.

Choking to the ducks was a tradition started by lambo that was brought back to life by ccp. I have faith that lake will co tiniest this tradition. Don’t worry though. In the off season he will co to use to throw shade at the ducks about their lack of development and character. That’s what matters.
    Every coach since Don James has a rich history of losing to Oregon. And I’m sure that lack of character thing will overshadow 2 PAC 12 championships in a row.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,605 Founders Club
    Kaepsknee said:

godawgst said:

UCLA or ASU will get them, and I can see us choking Oregon or at Colorado as well.

Choking to the ducks was a tradition started by lambo that was brought back to life by ccp. I have faith that lake will co tiniest this tradition. Don’t worry though. In the off season he will co to use to throw shade at the ducks about their lack of development and character. That’s what matters.
    Every coach since Don James has a rich history of losing to Oregon. And I’m sure that lack of character thing will overshadow 2 PAC 12 championships in a row.
    Stolen valor

Sad to see how far the standards have fallen. Roll call for San Antonio December 29.
    FM
    Baseman said:

Sad to see how far the standards have fallen. Roll call for San Antonio December 29.
    FM

This is a prediction thread. Not a standard thread.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,191
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Yipee!

Welcome to the last 30 years of Husky football, minus 2 or 3 seasons.

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Yipee!

Welcome to the last 30 years of Husky football, minus 2 or 3 seasons.
    I've been here. Unfortunately.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,538 Swaye's Wigwam
    It feels like 2013. He should win minimum 10 games.

Position groups that are the tits. Seniors that should want to win and erase the last 2 years of shit.

But receivers, linebackers, dline all a question. No true #1 back.

I just hope they are carrying Tui off the field of the Pfizer Toolbag Bowl at the end of the day.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,292 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2021

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Yipee!

Chalking that up as an L

Maybe you don’t know about this guy?

• godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club
    haie said:

It feels like 2013. He should win minimum 10 games.

Position groups that are the tits. Seniors that should want to win and erase the last 2 years of shit.

But receivers, linebackers, dline all a question. No true #1 back.

I just hope they are carrying Tui off the field of the Pfizer Toolbag Bowl at the end of the day.

Add in questions at DE and Run blocking Ability of OL as well.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,605 Founders Club

chuck said:

godawgst said:

I get what you're saying. CCP blew two winnable games against Oregon.

He also broke a losing streak to them that was into double digits. It's kind of hard for me to credit him for bringing that tradition back to life considering he broke an 0-11 streak and best them twice.
    3 winnable games. The last two were absolutely bullshit losses.

I am a ccp supporter. I don’t think ppl that retire or want a break owe it to anyone to keep going like some jilted lovers on this site do. That’s the athletic depts fault we suck. He left a program with plenty of talent. We just choose to suck.
    To clarify I think quitting is fine. I just prefer someone does while not still employed
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,527 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2021

chuck said:

godawgst said:

He also broke a losing streak to them that was into double digits. It's kind of hard for me to credit him for bringing that tradition back to life considering he broke an 0-11 streak and best them twice.

I am a ccp supporter. I don’t think ppl that retire or want a break owe it to anyone to keep going like some jilted lovers on this site do. That’s the athletic depts fault we suck. He left a program with plenty of talent. We just choose to suck.
    To clarify I think quitting is fine. I just prefer someone does while not still employed
    I've worked at the same place for 18 years. In that time, I've seen well over a dozen of my nearest coworkers retire. Not a single one didn't quit WELL before that retirement date. I think that's human nature. At least Petersen didn't drag it out for five years for money. "Quitting" only a year and change before retiring is better than most in that line of work these days. Hell, it sure looks like Will Harris quit before he was even hired!
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,942 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

godawgst said:

I've worked at the same place for 18 years. In that time, I've seen well over a dozen of my nearest coworkers retire. Not a single one didn't quit WELL before that retirement date. I think that's human nature. At least Petersen didn't drag it out for five years for money. "Quitting" only a year and change before retiring is better than most in that line of work these days. Hell, it sure looks like Will Harris quit before he was even hired!
    I'm still 10 years out from full retirement and most days push my self motivation abilities. I never expected it to happen. I love what I do and grew up dreaming about it. 30 years is a long time though. It's testing me, and it's about 1/100 as much commitment, pressure, and sacrifice as a P5 coach deals with.