Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How Many Football Games Will UW Win This Season?

124»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,605 Founders Club
    chuck said:

chuck said:

godawgst said:

With the schedule they should win 9 as the baseline, but I think it will be 8

Michigan is a L as is at Stanford until proven otherwise.

UCLA or ASU will get them, and I can see us choking Oregon or at Colorado as well.

Choking to the ducks was a tradition started by lambo that was brought back to life by ccp. I have faith that lake will co tiniest this tradition. Don’t worry though. In the off season he will co to use to throw shade at the ducks about their lack of development and character. That’s what matters.
    I get what you're saying. CCP blew two winnable games against Oregon.

He also broke a losing streak to them that was into double digits. It's kind of hard for me to credit him for bringing that tradition back to life considering he broke an 0-11 streak and best them twice.
    3 winnable games. The last two were absolutely bullshit losses.

I am a ccp supporter. I don’t think ppl that retire or want a break owe it to anyone to keep going like some jilted lovers on this site do. That’s the athletic depts fault we suck. He left a program with plenty of talent. We just choose to suck.
    To clarify I think quitting is fine. I just prefer someone does while not still employed
    I've worked at the same place for 18 years. In that time, I've seen well over a dozen of my nearest coworkers retire. Not a single one didn't quit WELL before that retirement date. I think that's human nature. At least Petersen didn't drag it out for five years for money. "Quitting" only a year and change before retiring is better than most in that line of work these days. Hell, it sure looks like Will Harris quit before he was even hired!
    I'm still 10 years out from full retirement and most days push my self motivation abilities. I never expected it to happen. I love what I do and grew up dreaming about it. 30 years is a long time though. It's testing me, and it's about 1/100 as much commitment, pressure, and sacrifice as a P5 coach deals with.
    How does your salary compare to Petersen who we? are still paying by the way. I don't like that.

Saban just signed up to age 77. Look I get it - most of us hate to go to work after some years - hello I've been working since the Industrial Revolution - but you either suck it up or LEAVE

When I left Seattle to come down here the boss was pissed he couldn't talk me into staying (some money might have helped his argument) but I was already gone.

I only want to retire when I am working. I've learned I will never really retire all the way. I do like the covid imposed lighter work schedule from home.

Its the Rose Bowl and the aftermath that got Pete in trouble with us fans and then the 8-5 capper to his career and leaving before he got the class in

Whatever its Jimmy's team now. Ride or die
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,942 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

godawgst said:

With the schedule they should win 9 as the baseline, but I think it will be 8

Michigan is a L as is at Stanford until proven otherwise.

UCLA or ASU will get them, and I can see us choking Oregon or at Colorado as well.

Choking to the ducks was a tradition started by lambo that was brought back to life by ccp. I have faith that lake will co tiniest this tradition. Don’t worry though. In the off season he will co to use to throw shade at the ducks about their lack of development and character. That’s what matters.
    I get what you're saying. CCP blew two winnable games against Oregon.

He also broke a losing streak to them that was into double digits. It's kind of hard for me to credit him for bringing that tradition back to life considering he broke an 0-11 streak and best them twice.
    3 winnable games. The last two were absolutely bullshit losses.

I am a ccp supporter. I don’t think ppl that retire or want a break owe it to anyone to keep going like some jilted lovers on this site do. That’s the athletic depts fault we suck. He left a program with plenty of talent. We just choose to suck.
    To clarify I think quitting is fine. I just prefer someone does while not still employed
    I've worked at the same place for 18 years. In that time, I've seen well over a dozen of my nearest coworkers retire. Not a single one didn't quit WELL before that retirement date. I think that's human nature. At least Petersen didn't drag it out for five years for money. "Quitting" only a year and change before retiring is better than most in that line of work these days. Hell, it sure looks like Will Harris quit before he was even hired!
    I'm still 10 years out from full retirement and most days push my self motivation abilities. I never expected it to happen. I love what I do and grew up dreaming about it. 30 years is a long time though. It's testing me, and it's about 1/100 as much commitment, pressure, and sacrifice as a P5 coach deals with.
    How does your salary compare to Petersen who we? are still paying by the way. I don't like that.

Saban just signed up to age 77. Look I get it - most of us hate to go to work after some years - hello I've been working since the Industrial Revolution - but you either suck it up or LEAVE

When I left Seattle to come down here the boss was pissed he couldn't talk me into staying (some money might have helped his argument) but I was already gone.

I only want to retire when I am working. I've learned I will never really retire all the way. I do like the covid imposed lighter work schedule from home.

Its the Rose Bowl and the aftermath that got Pete in trouble with us fans and then the 8-5 capper to his career and leaving before he got the class in

Whatever its Jimmy's team now. Ride or die
    I can't shoot down anything you wrote. Yeah he has several more zeros on his salary than I do and that would sure give my motivation a shot in the arm. I assume there was a point where the $$ signs stopped working for him though. How much is enough depends on who you ask.

Petersen was a mixed bag. 2015 and 2019 should have been double digit win seasons. He blew almost all of the big games and never pulled off a close win over anyone. He quit prematurely. All true.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,171
    https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/31653351/win-totals-2021-college-football-season

william hill has the o/u at five 9 wins for us? this year with the under being the favorite (-130).
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,777 Swaye's Wigwam

Im going to go with a 9-3, Alamo Bowl season

LIPO
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,777 Swaye's Wigwam
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,667 Standard Supporter
    edited June 2021
    easy schedule, tough games at home, one tough OOC road game - we are doomed!!!

should be 11-1, so 10-2 is a closer call and I will go with 9-3 and a bad liver. 8-4 and probably AA time.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    Welp. UW rarely beats Cal. Is less than 50/50 against Stanford and never beats Oregon.

8-4 sounds about right.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,418 Swaye's Wigwam

Im going to go with a 9-3, Alamo Bowl season

Which we lose.