Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bought some BB this morning

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern
Bought at $17.38.

Sold 25 minutes later at $14.35.

I suck at this Meme stuff.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,233
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I thought this was going to be a thread about BB gun ammo
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,994
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogcoin is coming. Mining delays. Just wait.
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,454
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Bought at $17.38.

You may want to check this one out a little more. BB is actually a "real" company. Their operating system QNX is in practically every electric car in the world - but it's a low, one time revenue type of thing. Check out Blackberry IVY, it's supposed to be YUGE. I got caught up in Blackberry last time it blew up about 6 months ago. Since then, I learned myself up on the company after the fact and decided to hold. I got caught up selling cash secured puts and rolling it up every day and a half then it plummeted just before expiration. Having been a bag holder, I made a little back selling covered calls and lost my shares last week at 9 bucks. I think it will go back to that level or 10ish pretty darn soon. That's when I jump back in. IVY, I think, will launch in February.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    89ute said:

Baseman said:

Bought at $17.38.

You may want to check this one out a little more. BB is actually a "real" company. Their operating system QNX is in practically every electric car in the world - but it's a low, one time revenue type of thing. Check out Blackberry IVY, it's supposed to be YUGE. I got caught up in Blackberry last time it blew up about 6 months ago. Since then, I learned myself up on the company after the fact and decided to hold. I got caught up selling cash secured puts and rolling it up every day and a half then it plummeted just before expiration. Having been a bag holder, I made a little back selling covered calls and lost my shares last week at 9 bucks. I think it will go back to that level or 10ish pretty darn soon. That's when I jump back in. IVY, I think, will launch in February.
    Eh, BB is fine, but they look to be the next Nokia: relatively antiquated tech, and now turning to IP monetization to survive.

Fortunately for them, they saw this coming and have invested in some tertiary tech, like QNX, UES, and UEM, but they lack the expertise, IP, and capital to pull these off well IMO. That's not to say that the stock won't perform, but fundamentally I think BB is a longshot
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,109
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I bought at $11.05. Sold at $15.05. I will take the small wins
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sources said:

89ute said:

Baseman said:

Bought at $17.38.

Eh, BB is fine, but they look to be the next Nokia: relatively antiquated tech, and now turning to IP monetization to survive.

Fortunately for them, they saw this coming and have invested in some tertiary tech, like QNX, UES, and UEM, but they lack the expertise, IP, and capital to pull these off well IMO. That's not to say that the stock won't perform, but fundamentally I think BB is a longshot
    When you have Amazon Web Services in your corner to help develop and market IVY it could be a game changer, which is probably the exact move you make when you lack capital and expertise.

I think it's a shame that BB is getting caught up in the same kind of AMC/GME over valued bullshit. I'll be back in when this thing is back around 9.50 - 10 and take a little ride up on the back of the IVY release.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    89ute said:

Sources said:

89ute said:

Baseman said:

Bought at $17.38.

When you have Amazon Web Services in your corner to help develop and market IVY it could be a game changer, which is probably the exact move you make when you lack capital and expertise.

I think it's a shame that BB is getting caught up in the same kind of AMC/GME over valued bullshit. I'll be back in when this thing is back around 9.50 - 10 and take a little ride up on the back of the IVY release.
    You may be right, and it's definitely possible that BB gets some traction. I'm admittedly not as versed on the specifics of the IVY platform, but I have it on very good authority that as far as virtualization (i.e., QNX, and likely the underlying architecture for IVY) goes, BB is a paper tiger at best.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sources said:

89ute said:

Sources said:

89ute said:

Baseman said:

Bought at $17.38.

You may be right, and it's definitely possible that BB gets some traction. I'm admittedly not as versed on the specifics of the IVY platform, but I have it on very good authority that as far as virtualization (i.e., QNX, and likely the underlying architecture for IVY) goes, BB is a paper tiger at best.
    I will proceed with caution. My only source is internet hype from BB bag holders, of which I was one. I am smart enough to know to stay away from this latest frenzy with any real money but this IVY thing has me intrigued.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Read the thread title as BBC. Leaving disappointed.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,941
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Read the thread title as BBC. Leaving disappointed.

You still can buy some BBC if that's where your instincts are leading you....

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    14 still too high. Bought at the money puts just before close. Elevator going down to 11.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    89ute said:

14 still too high. Bought at the money puts just before close. Elevator going down to 11.

Longterm BB will get to $50...
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

89ute said:

I could see a gamma squeeze make that happen, but I can’t see it staying that high long term.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

89ute said:

Based on fundamentals, I agree. I think there is something to the IVY story and the revenue it's supposed to bring. But BB is not a short squeeze. I only made 19% on my puts but I'll take it. I still think this stock is going back to 11 or lower. I pulled the trigger at about 12.80. Pretty much the low for last week.

Thinking about another put play if it climbs back to 14 before earnings on 6/24 close.
  • Options
    89ute said:

89ute said:

Based on fundamentals, I agree. I think there is something to the IVY story and the revenue it's supposed to bring. But BB is not a short squeeze. I only made 19% on my puts but I'll take it. I still think this stock is going back to 11 or lower. I pulled the trigger at about 12.80. Pretty much the low for last week.

Thinking about another put play if it climbs back to 14 before earnings on 6/24 close.
    Why would people drop trade their iPhone or Android for a BB
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Baseman said:

89ute said:

89ute said:

Serious question?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

89ute said:

89ute said:

I can interpret old man speak being one of them. Lemme unscramble this. BB will drop, do the trade on your iPhone or Android.
  • Options

Baseman said:

89ute said:

89ute said:

Serious question?
    trade their iPhone for a BB. Yes. Serious question. What's so great about IVY that would make people switch?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

89ute said:

89ute said:

Serious question?
    trade their iPhone for a BB. Yes. Serious question. What's so great about IVY that would make people switch?
    The BB tech isnt being used for phones. They threw in the white towel on that market.

Its software is for government and private sector security, as well as for electric vehicles
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

89ute said:

89ute said:

Serious question?
    Sorry. I thought you were joking.
    https://blackberry.qnx.com/en/aws

BB hopes to create an app store with Amazon. IVY software allows different automakers on different software platforms to feed info into the app. Plus business to advertise to your connected car.