Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Portland...

13»

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,727
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was at Sicks Stadium

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,948

I was at Sicks Stadium

Second best professional baseball team in the State of Washington that year.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We? had Jim Bouton
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2021

I was at Sicks Stadium

What was Chevron Island like? I’m guessing Lord of the Files with a touch of pedophilia.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,948

We? had Jim Bouton

Charlie Hough hater.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited May 2021
    Those beisbol teams have too many cis white males. I'm triggered!
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

trublue said:

Kaepsknee said:

MLB in Portland is a hilarious thought. Wilson and the other tards need to give it up. MLB ain’t coming. Timber’s games are basically an LGBT/ANTIFA rally. Baseball could just pick vegas and save themselves a lot of trouble.

Bring back the Mavericks!
    Done and done.

https://www.kptv.com/news/salem-keizer-volcanoes-announce-new-independent-baseball-league-return-of-portland-mavericks/article_b522ed28-5fe8-11eb-96d8-130b8bd9f639.html

And a must watch for any Baseball fan.

https://www.netflix.com/title/70299904

Kurt Russell’s dad was an OG of epic proportions.
    When I was a kid, Kurt Russell was a big Disney movie star (computer wore tennis shoes, etc). I would get his autograph after the games. He and his dad would talk with me and the other vagabond kids who hung around long after the game was finished. Super nice people. Then I saw his father on television like on Bonanza and couldn't believe he was a movie star too so next time I saw him he talked to me about acting in a Western television show. Just solid human beings.
    The original Portland Mavericks played at Civic Stadium from 1973-1977 . . . Kurt Russell played on the inaugural team in 1973.

Hmmm . . . You got his autograph when you were a kid? What year did you graduate from Aloha High School? ;-)
    Dimer night at Civic Stadium to watch the Maverick's was something else. I was sort of 21, my brother was not, but not a lot of ID required.
    They had dimer night at the Eugene Emeralds stadium back when I was in school there.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

I was at Sicks Stadium

My mother would take my brothers and I to the Pilots games. We'd sit out in the left field bleachers. I was really young at the time. We didn't have much money so I have to believe my mom was getting free tickets from some promotional thing. I remember some hot-dog brand that had coupons inside each package and if you saved up enough of them you'd get free admission to a Seattle Totem's match. Gotta believe my mother was doing something similar to get free tickets to the Pilots.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

I was at Sicks Stadium

My mother would take my brothers and I to the Pilots games. We'd sit out in the left field bleachers. I was really young at the time. We didn't have much money so I have to believe my mom was getting free tickets from some promotional thing. I remember some hot-dog brand that had coupons inside each package and if you saved up enough of them you'd get free admission to a Seattle Totem's match. Gotta believe my mother was doing something similar to get free tickets to the Pilots.
    I was a junior Pilot. It was like a 6 game package dirt cheap for the whole family

My brother caught a batting practice home run.

That was the team I listened to on the transistor under the covers
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

I was at Sicks Stadium

I was a junior Pilot. It was like a 6 game package dirt cheap for the whole family

Is that anything like an Alter Boy...except out on Chevron Island vs the Rectory?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

I was at Sicks Stadium

If you sat out in left field you were no doubt battling my brothers for balls that went into the stands. Between fouls, HRs and players tossing them balls they ended up with quite the collection. That 6 game package must have been what my mother did. We went to what I recall as quite a few games, and we never had money to do anything when I was a kid. Step dad would bring home McDonalds once a month on Friday's from the McDonalds in Ballard down by the Bowling Alley and the Bardahl sign. That was a HUGE luxury when we were kids.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

SFGbob said:

I was at Sicks Stadium

I caught a big rock in the back of the head at Indigenous People’s stadium. Someone was throwing them from outside the stadium Into the crowd. Opened up quite a gash and Got took to the home locker room where they put stitches in my head. I was like 10 years old. Got an autographed ball.