Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington ramping up mask requirements as Fauci says we will need a third shot

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,245
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Heard it on Dori Monson's show today

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,245
    Founders Club
    They interviewed a bunch of people on the streets of Seattle, and they were saying it doesn't matter what anyone says, they will continue to wear their masks.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

They interviewed a bunch of people on the streets of Seattle, and they were saying it doesn't matter what anyone says, they will continue to wear their masks.

Science!
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,079
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Went into what I was hoping was a maskless paradise at Trader Joe’s to buy some booze, saw one other person without a mask. This is here to stay.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,007
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

Went into what I was hoping was a maskless paradise at Trader Joe’s to buy some booze, saw one other person without a mask. This is here to stay.

Costco today in Covington was about 20% maskless (81% masked) including employees.

Lowes was maybe 10% maskless. If that.

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,029
    Costco today 95% maskless. Same with Fred Meyer. Crafted downtown 100% maskless. Only people I've seen masked lately are very old and infirm and a few virtue signalers. We don't have many of them here.
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    We’re in the bottom of the 6th inning in this thing and it would be foolish to let our guard down now. Really any lifting of mask restrictions shouldn’t come until 2022 at the earliest.
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,388
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2021
    Sledog said:

Costco today 95% maskless. Same with Fred Meyer. Crafted downtown 100% maskless. Only people I've seen masked lately are very old and infirm and a few virtue signalers. We don't have many of them here.

100 mask less and a thank God from everyone I pick up in cda... it is fun, I always say to the tourist's, welcome to Idaho, welcome to freedom! Love it up here!
  • Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Goduckies said:

Sledog said:

100 mask less and a thank God from everyone I pick up in cda... it is fun, I always say to the tourist's, welcome to Idaho, welcome to freedom! Love it up here!
    I'm in the CDA now and it was very refreshing to see hardly any masks at Costco and other stores. Never really needed a mask out here much but now I would just straight refused if asked. Great, great area.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,948
    LaZoris said:

Goduckies said:

Sledog said:

I'm in the CDA now and it was very refreshing to see hardly any masks at Costco and other stores. Never really needed a mask out here much but now I would just straight refused if asked. Great, great area.
    Sweet Lous BBQ is legit. Check it out. Nice outdoor seating. Solid brew selection. Dog friendly too. Bring bowser.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,590
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Even Horsey at The Seattle Times is calling out the mask-obsessed today.

How long until he has to issue his apology?
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,079
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Said it over a year ago, money should have been poured into confirming past infection status and levels of immunity. In the moment testing was always kind of pointless unless there were symptoms.

Now that we have all this data, it’s a pretty easy plug to understand how many potential future cases are out there. Total population - vaccinated - previously confirmed infected - estimate for undocumented infections. Number is pretty small at this point.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,614
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    The Fauci face diaper does not do a fucking thing!!! If you are wearing cloth or some cotton piece of shit mask it’s the same thing as no mask.
    This is a charade of lunacy. People’s brains have broken completely.
    People running by themselves with no one around masking is literally a sign of mental illness. It’s common place in lib cities. These people have totally lost it.

Double masking while vaccinated is absolute insanity.

People at Whole Foods hand sanitize then put on gloves (store provided) to get a grab n’ go sandwich.

Covid is over !!! Been over for months.

• Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Sledog said:

Crafted has some bomb-ass burgers. That place is legit
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,021
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Bob_C said:

Said it over a year ago, money should have been poured into confirming past infection status and levels of immunity. In the moment testing was always kind of pointless unless there were symptoms.

Now that we have all this data, it’s a pretty easy plug to understand how many potential future cases are out there. Total population - vaccinated - previously confirmed infected - estimate for undocumented infections. Number is pretty small at this point.

A year ago, the CDC definition was correct, herd immunity percentage equals vaccinated plus prior infected. A couple of months ago as vaccinations were occurring but with major push back (CDC employees less than 60% vaccinated), they just moved the goal posts and then without any science that prior infected didn't count and only vaccinated counted toward herd immunity. And leftards claim to be the science followers. They got the follower part correct.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Yep. I remember you talking about
    Bob_C said:

Yep. I remember you speaking of the importance of viral load as to whether ones infection posited a threat to the carrier or anyone that the carrier contacted early in the game.

The overwhelming majority of those that tested positive were either false or carried an inconsequential load.

Throuple this with the fact that the average age of death of a covid victim is still above the ALE of an American male and 95% of deaths occurred with covid and not solely because of covid, you have a gross overreaction that is treasonous.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2021
    jecornel said:

The Fauci face diaper does not do a fucking thing!!! If you are wearing cloth or some cotton piece of shit mask it’s the same thing as no mask.
    This is a charade of lunacy. People’s brains have broken completely.
    People running by themselves with no one around masking is literally a sign of mental illness. It’s common place in lib cities. These people have totally lost it.

Double masking while vaccinated is absolute insanity.

People at Whole Foods hand sanitize then put on gloves (store provided) to get a grab n’ go sandwich.

Covid is over !!! Been over for months.

I was out to eat a few weeks ago and the server was basically wearing a hazmat suit. Double mask, face shield, and gloves. It really made me feel safe knowing this guy was about to have a nervous breakdown not being locked in his home.