Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Decline and Fall of the American Empire

WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,944
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
Standard Supporter
edited May 2021 in Tug Tavern
Like with the Romans, decline is a choice. Once the elite have determined that their purpose is to rip off as much as you can from the state and create favored groups and then appease the mob with bread and circuses then the barbarians will be at the gates.

Since I was a kid in the 1960s there has been a huge decline in the character of the American male. The Led Zeppelin line, "In the days of my youth I was told what it means to be a man. Now I've reached that age
I've tried to do all those things the best I can…" meant something to me. It didn't mean that my heroes were felons killed while resisting arrest.

Today, fatherhood is disparaged in the MSM as dysfunctional. The Cosby Show would never be able to be made today (forgetting that rape thing). Hard work, facing adversity, the obligations and reward of being a Dad, individual responsibility to your family, community and country are relics. Look at the Tug leftards and our politicians and MSM in which integrity is treated as the sucker's bet. Any discussion about higher education focuses on what we can do to empower women. Because?

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    The decline can be seen everywhere. From homelessness to crime, anti-American teaching being mainstreamed in our schools, and the destruction of our currency and economy and an unwillingness to defend our borders. This country is in a steep decline.

Look at something simple like the homeless problem. It's not that fucking tough. Mentally ill people should be institutionalized. After that start enforcing the laws. You don't have a right to sleep and shit on the sidewalk. If you do you will be arrested and jailed. We've completely surrendered huge sections of our public spaces all because we lack the will to do anything about it. How is the homeless problem going to get any better by continuing to do what we're doing now? Other than throwing more money at it, which will only make the problem worse, what are the left's answers to the homeless problem?

Free needles, and the decriminalization of crime. That's their fucking answer.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,895
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Fag Shill Bros, still crickets.

You voted for this shit.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

The decline can be seen everywhere. From homelessness to crime, anti-American teaching being mainstreamed in our schools, and the destruction of our currency and economy and an unwillingness to defend our borders. This country is in a steep decline.

Look at something simple like the homeless problem. It's not that fucking tough. Mentally ill people should be institutionalized. After that start enforcing the laws. You don't have a right to sleep and shit on the sidewalk. If you do you will be arrested and jailed. We've completely surrendered huge sections of our public spaces all because we lack the will to do anything about it. How is the homeless problem going to get any better by continuing to do what we're doing now? Other than throwing more money at it, which will only make the problem worse, what are the left's answers to the homeless problem?

Still, most of our elites are still male and yet most are thoroughly emasculated like Kasich, Bush and Romney. Look at how Jeff Sessions caved like the pig's straw house. When Snow thinks that feelz is more important than policy and some mean tweets, you can see the rot. flea thinks that hunting and fishing makes him a man but supporting open borders and all the free shitters sucking at the government tit is also a great sign of male leadership.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,506
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I watched (most of) The American Experience on Billy Graham and he was preaching the decline and fall of Rome in regards to America in the 50's. As they say, Rome didn't fall in a day.

• Options
    Standard Supporter

I watched (most of) The American Experience on Billy Graham and he was preaching the decline and fall of Rome in regards to America in the 50's. As they say, Rome didn't fall in a day.

Can you honestly look at what's happening now to this country and not say we're in decline?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

Can you honestly look at what's happening now to this country and not say we're in decline?
    I'm agreeing

We are and it started far earlier than most folks realize. Democrats have been the enemy of America since they lost China and gave the USSR nukes
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,895

Can we just fast forward to the debauchery and orgies phase?

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited May 2021

SFGbob said:

I'm agreeing

We are and it started far earlier than most folks realize. Democrats have been the enemy of America since they lost China and gave the USSR nukes
    Even earlier than that. When they sided with the Soviets in the 20s and 30s.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited May 2021

We've been in that phase pretty much my entire adult life but it's been in hyper-drive the last 20 years. When you have 10 year old girls singing along to pop hits like Wet ass pussy, I'd say we're already there.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited May 2021

I think the decline of the US is largely based upon changing demographics and non-Christian religions. Some will say that's a bigoted viewpoint, but the reality of what the country was founded upon (capitalism, limited government, Protestant work ethic, etc), and that many of the folks coming here bring with them political, social, and religious beliefs which run counter to those founding principles, is undeniable. People like Sawant, Tlaib, AOC, etc embody the decline of the US while the white-guilt leftists applaud them for having skin darker than their own.

Reading that back, the decline is 100% due to liberals because they empower our enemies within and abroad.

Agreed, you also can't dismiss that we now actively try not to assimilate new immigrants into what it means to be an American. Go back and look at the 1920s. Even the progressive leftist elites were very pro-America and Americanism and believed that new immigrants should embrace American values.

All of that is now gone. We now important millions of new immigrants into this country every year and through our education system and through leftist elites we actively encourage them to hate this country.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

There were some downsides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3zWYzARwq0
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,977
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

Still, most of our elites are still male and yet most are thoroughly emasculated like Kasich, Bush and Romney. Look at how Jeff Sessions caved like the pig's straw house. When Snow thinks that feelz is more important than policy and some mean tweets, you can see the rot. flea thinks that hunting and fishing makes him a man but supporting open borders and all the free shitters sucking at the government tit is also a great sign of male leadership.
    Tell us a good story of your rugged masculinity @WestlinnDuck . 1st place Oregon intramural flag football champs of 1985?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    How about you tell us again all about your high character again as it relates to voting for a chicom owned anti-american presidential candidate based on feelz. I prefer to be a thinking male versus a suburban housewife who is scared to let her kids walk down the street to play with the neighbor kids.

PS We lost in the Oregon intramural semi-finals in a heavy rain on a muddy field in my senior year which totally negated our speed. Our team won it on a dry field in 1977. Basically, the same team (without me at middle linebacker). I really wasn't a difference maker but I loved playing all kinds of sports.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,977
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

How about you tell us again all about your high character again as it relates to voting for a chicom owned anti-american presidential candidate based on feelz. I prefer to be a thinking male versus a suburban housewife who is scared to let her kids walk down the street to play with the neighbor kids.

PS We lost in the Oregon intramural semi-finals in a heavy rain on a muddy field in my senior year which totally negated our speed. Our team won it on a dry field in 1977. Basically, the same team (without me at middle linebacker). I really wasn't a difference maker but I loved playing all kinds of sports.

Looks like your shrewd political calculations (over my “feelz”) worked out really well. The GOP is clearly in a way better position in 2021 than 2017.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Looks like your shrewd political calculations (over my “feelz”) worked out really well. The GOP is clearly in a way better position in 2021 than 2017.
    Right having the democrats control the house senate and white house is much better

Look how great Joe is doing

Geezus
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Right having the democrats control the house senate and white house is much better

Geezus
    Yeah, four more years of moving backwards rather than forward under Trump is a brilliant tactical move if you are a surrender monkey.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Geezus
    Yeah, four more years of moving backwards rather than forward under Trump is a brilliant tactical move if you are a surrender monkey.
    It's really no big deal outside of the fringes on both sides.