Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We need a general tweet of the day thread

Comments

• MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,519 Swaye's Wigwam

MelloDawg said:

thechatch said:

2 True statements

1. RDS would have everyone’s vote here if he gets the nom. No one hates his policies.

2. It’s very unlikely that happens at this point because Trump has a secretariate lead at Belmont on the field

Trump once again sucks all the air out of the room.

And that’s ok, as long as he can win in November. I personally think either of those guys can beat Biden, even with their passion for unforced errors on the trail.

Biden is that bad

I think I have some bad news for you.
    What? The Fix is in, again?
    When was the first time?
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,901 Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

thechatch said:

2 True statements

1. RDS would have everyone’s vote here if he gets the nom. No one hates his policies.

2. It’s very unlikely that happens at this point because Trump has a secretariate lead at Belmont on the field

And that’s ok, as long as he can win in November. I personally think either of those guys can beat Biden, even with their passion for unforced errors on the trail.

Biden is that bad

When was the first time?
    Hope this helps.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vote_early_and_vote_often

• WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,008 Standard Supporter
    America Last and wealthy vacationers first. Open borders are just part of Bidenomics as approved by the Chamber of Commerce.

https://ace.mu.nu/

New York Times Celebrates: The Wealthy That We Serve Will Pay Less For Luxurious Vacations Because of All the Illegal Aliens Working For Low Wages at Spas and Resorts
    —Ace
    Yay!

Neil Munro @NeilMunroDC
    NYTimes celebrates lower wages for the hired 'help' that caters & cleans their weekend getaways in the Adirondack hills.
    Yes, migration allows clever & comfortable Americans to feel proud as they divorce themselves from the needs of ordinary citizens.

At Breitbart:

Wealthy New Yorkers will get cheaper weekend getaways because President Joe Biden's migration flood is washing away marketplace pressure to raise wages for Americans, says a celebratory article in the New York Times.
    "The [extra supply of workers] has been helpful for businesses like the Weekender hotels in the Adirondacks, " reporter Jeanne Smialek wrote on July 24, adding:

The firm's six [legal J-1] visa workers are spread across three of its seven properties, said Keir Weimer, the founder of the company, and are a small but important chunk of its 85-person work force.
    The company has also been having an easier time competing for employees in general after a few years of adaptation. Mr. Weimer estimated that pay was up 10 to 15 percent over the past 15 months [when migraton was lower], but said wage growth was beginning to cool.

"We're starting to now get more defined on career-track progression and having wages tied to performance and promotion, rather than just market," he said. "There's definitely less wage pressure than there was a year ago."

The average wage in the area around Old Forge is just $31,844, according to CensusReporter.org.

The New York Times hopes that the flood of illegal workers will put a dent in the hyperinflation unleashed by the profligate spending of the Biden Administration (which they also support, of course):

The article was titled "A Flood of New Workers Has Made the Fed's Job Less Painful. Can It Persist?" The article spotlighted investors' hopes that the wage cuts forced by illegal migration can reduce overall inflation before the top leaders in the Federal Reserve pump up interest rates.
    Many investors on Wall Street oppose those interest rate hikes -- and they welcome Biden's inflation-reducing, wage-cutting migration of millions of migrant workers via the nation's borders and airports. The inflow of workers is aided by the government's inflow of short-term visa workers, such as the J-1 and H-2B workers.

Most migrants will hard work for lower wages than needed by American parents. That poverty holds down the portion of inflation that comes from rising wages.

Many businesses favor migration because it allows them to hire cheap and compliant migrants instead of less-desirable American workers, such as former convicts or argumentative workers.

But mainstream Americans and their families have more leverage to win higher wages and better conditions when the federal government reduces migration, as it did under President Donald Trump.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,473 Founders Club
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    The uniparty in a nutshell

I voted for Bill Clinton because I always voted Democrat and because he understood what illegals did to American wages. It was already a problem in construction in the 80s and 90s. Clinton started e verify if you wanted federal cash

Of course it didn't last long as Bill went globalist and there was no one defending the worker until Trump came down the escalator

So I voted for him
    Of course from the management side Biden has been great for us. Less jobs equals more competition among workers which lowers our cost and turns the playing field back around

Bidenomics baby

Of course from the management side Biden has been great for us. Less jobs equals more competition among workers which lowers our cost and turns the playing field back around

Bidenomics baby

At some point however, you need a growing economy based on free market economics, low inflation to take down the interest rate cost, low energy costs and secure property rights. Being the world's welfare magnet is not good for most businesses not associated with government supported welfare.

Bidenomics baby

At some point however, you need a growing economy based on free market economics, low inflation to take down the interest rate cost, low energy costs and secure property rights. Being the world's welfare magnet is not good for most businesses not associated with government supported welfare.
    My / our philosophy is that we have no problem paying a lot for labor on a level field with the competition. The higher the cost the larger the mark up percentage is

The average American pays a double tax on illegals. Lower wages and the labor savings are not passed on

I would love foe American youth to see a high paying future in the trades and become the skilled workers everyone is desperate for

Illegals work hard and do good work but are easy to exploit. I actually care about that but I'm a racist unlike my moral superiors who don't give a shit
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358

Bidenomics baby

https://www.contractormag.com/construction-data/article/21259778/construction-workforce-shortage-tops-half-a-million-in-2023-says-abc

It's not 1993 anymore, Race.

Bidenomics baby

My / our philosophy is that we have no problem paying a lot for labor on a level field with the competition. The higher the cost the larger the mark up percentage is

The average American pays a double tax on illegals. Lower wages and the labor savings are not passed on

I would love foe American youth to see a high paying future in the trades and become the skilled workers everyone is desperate for

Illegals work hard and do good work but are easy to exploit. I actually care about that but I'm a racist unlike my moral superiors who don't give a shit
    It's hard to support the rape and exploitation of women on their vacation trip across Mexico from Central America, but if you have the enhanced morals of a committed leftard, you can do it.
    Oh a fucking link to a guy who has been in construction 50 years and still is

Fuck off

I addressed the shortage. Depressed wages sent all those dumb kids into student loan chasing a rainbow

You voted for it. You don't care about the exploitation

I nailed it
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

thechatch said:

2 True statements

Biden is that bad

When was the first time?
    If you actually believe 81 million people voted for the Dementia Patient, you're dumber than I thought.

And that is really saying something, given your portfolio.
    The irony is that it takes self-discipline (the dazzler hates the word discipline for some reason) and some outside discipline to do things that are hard. Even in a "top" school districts like West Linn or Lake Oswego the only real outside discipline that was enforced at school was in athletics. Kids weren't abused, but if you were late to practice, you ran laps and might lose your next start. They would get yelled at and told to do it again. Practice makes perfect, and if the "I Promise" school isn't imposing practice on math and reading, then it's not going to happen.

Teacher's unions hate enforcing practice, discipline and responsibility. Anyone deviating gets the hammer.

=======

In the early 1980s, Jaime Escalante becomes a mathematics teacher at James A. Garfield High School in East Los Angeles. The school is full of Latino students from working-class families whose academic achievement is far below their grade level. Two students, Angel and another gangster, arrive late and question Escalante's authority. Escalante demonstrates how to multiply numbers using one's fingers and appeals to the students' sense of humor. After class, some gangsters threaten Escalante. After school, he stops the gangsters from fighting. He then introduces himself as a "one-man gang" with the classroom as his domain. Escalante tells the students that he's decided to teach the students algebra.

At a meeting, Escalante learns that the school's accreditation is under threat, as test scores are not high enough. Escalante says that students will rise to the level that is expected of them. Escalante gives the students a quiz every morning and a new student joins the class. He instructs his class under the philosophy of ganas, roughly translating to "desire".

Escalante tells other faculty that he wants to teach the students calculus. He seeks to change the school culture to help the students excel in academics, as he has seen the untapped potential of his class. Other teachers ridicule him, as the students have not taken the prerequisites. Escalante states that the students can take the prerequisites over the summer. He sets a goal of having the students take Advanced Placement Calculus by their senior year.

The students sign up for the prerequisites over the summer. There is no air conditioning, but Escalante is able to teach the class, giving them oranges and telling them to focus so they can get good jobs and take vacations. In the fall, he gives the students contracts to be signed by the parents; they must come in on Saturdays, show up an hour early to school, and stay until 5pm in order to prepare for the AP Calculus exam.

Two weeks before the students' exam, Escalante is teaching an ESL class to some adults. He suddenly clutches at his torso in pain, stumbles into the hallway, and falls. A substitute teacher is found for the students while Escalante recovers in the hospital, but the substitute teacher is a music teacher. Soon after, Escalante escapes from the hospital and shows up at school to continue teaching. After taking the exam, the students head to the beach and celebrate. All 18 students who took the exam pass it. At a meeting to congratulate the students, a plaque of appreciation is presented to Escalante.

To the dismay of both Escalante and the students, the Educational Testing Service questions the students' exam scores. Escalante finds an anonymous letter of resignation in his school mail and has to walk home that evening, as his car has been stolen from the school parking lot. Dismayed, he confides in his wife that he regrets having taught the students calculus, because they did well but nothing changed for them. The boys of the class show up at Escalante's house; they have fixed up his car as a way to thank him. Escalante meets with the investigators from Educational Testing Service, argues with them, but ultimately offers to have the students retake the test. Despite having only one day to prepare, all the students pass, and Escalante demands that the original scores be resubmitted.
  • EverettChrisEverettChris Member Posts: 3,577
    46XiJCAB said:
    You’re carrying petty grudges while supporting a sure loser in DeSantis while Harris is saying Joe’s economic policies are a disaster.
  • hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    Youngkin is good where he is. If I was in Virginia, I'd be happy. Instead, I'm in Warshington, where Jay Inslee is a chucklefuck retard and Bob Ferguson is a next in line to destroy a once great state.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

Scratch a leftist, find a fascist. Team Dazzler working on the world's big problems and making life easier for working Americans.

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/biden-administration-rule-would-ban-nearly-all-portable-gas-powered-generators

What if a hospital needed a gas generator to perform an abortion?

Liberals libertarians and conservatives cede the government interference issue to the left on abortion. That's the only right the left cares about

All this green energy bullshit is direct negative interference by the government in all of our lives
    When you can’t lean on a Pandemic and systemic White Supremacy anymore to control your people.

You lean into the weather during the Dog Days of Summer.