Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We need a general tweet of the day thread

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,836
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Sledog said:

Mello's dad is going to run him down for a cutadickoffome procedure today.
    Shut the hell up, Jack
    Same thing is as the fires in the West in 2020

Sure, some might have been natural, "climate change," or a cigarette, but it's documented that several (we know of) were caused by leftist psychos
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,592
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Via @GrundleStiltzkin

I think a distrust of the federal police is a good thing. I grew up with Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,351
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    White Christian Nationalists are the biggest threat to our democracy.

This is just an offshoot.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,836
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I'm to the point where I'll reluctantly take sides with the hardcore Christian Evangelicals to counter the mentally ill useful idiots who think cutting off penises and breasts is normal. Enemy of my enemy is my sort of acquaintance...or whatever
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Something tells me he won’t be as effective as his daddy

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,910
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    The only mining that will be tolerated by white western green gaia religionists is having the chicoms strip mine black Africa. Apparently, saving the world doesn't mean that white westerners can get there hands dirty mining in the west.

https://miningdigital.com/articles/norway-opens-vast-ocean-area-to-deep-sea-mining

Norway is preparing to open an area of ocean nearly the size of Germany to use for deep-sea mining, as it becomes one of the first countries to extract battery metals from the sea floor. In the race for critical mineral sourcing, Norway wants to get ahead of the curve and is preparing plans to submit to the Norwegian parliament, pending approval.

Polymetallic nodules have been found on the seafloor at depths of around 3,500-6,000m containing base metals used in energy transition technologies including batteries. The nodules contain materials like copper, manganese, nickel sulphate and cobalt sulphate.

Debates over the global impact of deep-sea mining continue
    Those that support the expansion of deep-sea mining believe that the action is central to meeting the increasing demand of mineral growth. The demand for copper and rare earth metals is predicted to grow by 40%, according to the International Energy Agency (IEA), which also expects the demand for nickel, cobalt and lithium to grow by 60%, 70% and 90%, respectively.

Amund Vik, State Secretary in the Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy, told the Financial Times that the government would take “a precautionary approach.” He also stated that deep-sea mining is essential in order to fill the “desperate need for more minerals, rare earth materials to make the transition happen”.

The Deep Sea Conservation Coalition, which includes international NGOs such as WWF, Fauna & Flora and Greenpeace have recently called out claims by the Norwegian Prime Minister, Jonas Gahr Støre, that deep-sea mining can be done in a way which does not harm natural diversity in the ocean, as published in Norwegian newspaper Bergens Tidende.

These groups have asked for a pause on deep-sea mining plans as a precaution so that scientists can weigh up the risks that this type of mining may pose to both ecosystems and the global climate.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    If we had a competent public education system that taught a little math, numbers and shit everyone would know that the mandated green CO2 targets are scientifically unable to be met. But, any high school teacher running the actual numbers would first, never have been hired and two, if hired would be first fired. Also, any competent public education system would have an honest discussion of where the CO2 emissions are coming from and where the increase and decreases in CO2 emissions are occurring and why.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2023/06/the-environmental-disaster-of-green-energy.php

THE ENVIRONMENTAL DISASTER OF “GREEN” ENERGY
    Paul Driessen has an excellent piece at Watts Up With That? He discusses the pernicious “sue and settle” practice that left-wing activists and government agencies are pursuing, and argues for venuing climate-related litigation in the federal courts.

But I want to focus on his comments on the environmental evils of “green” technologies:

he litigants and courts will also encounter the bitter reality that the “fundamental transformation” they so earnestly seek means covering the planet with wind turbines, solar panels, transmission lines … and the quarries and mines to build them. America already lacks sufficient EV charging stations and step-up and step-down transformers for new homes and a functional grid. Millions more will be needed in short order to reach Net Zero – which means thousands of new mines, quarries, processing plants and factories.

Toyota Motor Corp. calculates that “more than 300 new lithium, cobalt, nickel and graphite mines are needed to meet the expected battery demand by 2035.” That’s essentially just for new EVs, and getting them approved and developed would likely take decades. A US energy transformation – to say nothing of a global transformation – would require thousands of mines, and thousands of processing facilities.

The process of converting cobalt, lithium, aluminum, iron, rare earths, manganese, nickel and other ores into high-end metals is fossil-fuel-intensive, greenhouse-gas-emitting and dirty. “Reaching the nickel means cutting down swaths of rainforest,” the Wall Street Journal notes. “Refining it … involves extreme heat and high pressure, producing waste slurry that’s hard to dispose of.” Using little children to mine cobalt and processing rare earth elements involve legendary ecological and human rights abuses.

Worse, all this is only the beginning of the planetary desecration. We’re talking millions of onshore and offshore wind turbines, billions of solar panels, hundreds of thousands of miles of new transmission lines, billions of half-ton battery modules – and all that goes into making them. We’ll have to replace fertilizers for crops and feed stocks for thousands of products, by planting millions more acres in food and fuel crops, destroying more wildlife habitats. Turbine blades chop millions of birds and bats from the sky every year. Offshore turbines disorient whales and dolphins, causing many to beach themselves and die.

Then we’ll have to bury the broken, worn-out and obsolete panels, turbine blades and other equipment. The world has already installed some 100,000 wind turbines and 2.5 billion solar panels. In whose backyards will the landfills go for all this trash – and the massive lakes for the waste slurries?

There is nothing clean, green, renewable, sustainable or climate-friendly about any of this.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    More signs of societal failure. As the left decimates the private sector US middle class's ability to make family wage jobs and feed, house, and cloth their kids, success is defined as more free shit for everyone. Like universal lockdowns, never concentrate on those who have needs, provide free shit to everyone. Love but "there is a catch". Unfortunately, Oregon would have to chip in some cash, not all of it is "paid" for by the brokeass feds.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My dad told me there is no free lunch

A lot
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,788
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tweet 'o the Day!
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

A lot

TANSTAAFL! Someone is paying. And in this case an American family may be getting a free lunch. In return they are paying a couple of thousand dollars more a year for gasoline, utility bills, grocery bills and clothing. Toss in exploding used car (let alone new car) prices and rent or 7% mortgages. Some great deal. And no mean tweets, with a dementia patient as president that cares more about illegal aliens than US citizens.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,568
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

A lot

Our kids aren’t really into school hot lunch. They prefer home made stuff.

So we taught them how to make sandwiches, or they get leftover pasta or whatever in a thermos.

Couple of days a week they do the school lunch if it’s something they like. I think we get charged like 2.00/per on it. Idk the details my wife handles that shit.

It’s not that hard to make your kids their lunch or teach them how to do themselves when they get to be 8 years old or so. That said, I don’t really mind free lunch for elementary school age kids. Big picture it’s not in the top 20 on the list of budgetary problems in our public education system.

The do-nothing activist admins that have been getting free lunch for 25 years seems like the more important thing to focus on. I actually prefer kids going to school not having to worry about whether or not they’ll have something to eat that day.