Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We need a general tweet of the day thread

Comments

• WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,008 Standard Supporter
    Kaepsknee said:

MelloDawg said:

thechatch said:

The democrats have opened the border, ripped DeSantis over CRT and stopping drag shows in kindergarten

BUT ITS NOT ON HIS WEBSITE

Leftists are not sending their best

They don’t have to. Their audience is full of idiots like Mello and guilt-ridden 30-something soccer moms.
    Weird, I don’t remember saying I’m a leftist or indicating as such.
    Every breath, step and thumb stroke you make is dyed in the wool leftist.
    Plus the tell, Leftards lie and love to be lied to.

• RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club

Basic Rule: Don't lead with your Chin, Gents.
    Guy was wasted.

MelloDawg said:

thechatch said:

The democrats have opened the border, ripped DeSantis over CRT and stopping drag shows in kindergarten

They don’t have to. Their audience is full of idiots like Mello and guilt-ridden 30-something soccer moms.
    Well, are you. Or are you not?

It’s an easy question to answer

He can't define what a woman is. How can he be expected to know whether he's a RAT or not?
    Bob_C said:

Kaepsknee said:

MelloDawg said:

thechatch said:

I don’t think Mello is a leftist. He is more just an easily controllable person that will think whatever he is told so long as he perceives himself to be in the majority. Actual thoughts are irrelevant.
    Mello has to be on the government tit in some fashion. He is constantly being intellectually embarrassed but sticks to his schtick. Gotta be getting paid for something unproductive and for which he has no personal responsibility.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter
    MelloDawg said:

thechatch said:

Feigned ignorance. Rinsed & Repeated.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,201 Swaye's Wigwam

Bob_C said:

Kaepsknee said:

MelloDawg said:

thechatch said:

I don’t think Mello is a leftist. He is more just an easily controllable person that will think whatever he is told so long as he perceives himself to be in the majority. Actual thoughts are irrelevant.
    Mello has to be on the government tit in some fashion. He is constantly being intellectually embarrassed but sticks to his schtick. Gotta be getting paid for something unproductive and for which he has no personal responsibility.
    Can confirm it's the federal government.
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Kaepsknee said:

MelloDawg said:

thechatch said:

Can confirm it's the federal government.
    Yep, makes sense. So, what do you think that mello accomplishes in a day at "work"? My biggest experience with federal employees has been with the IRS. When I started I would describe the Portland area IRS employees as generally competent but with some horrific exceptions. I'd get calls from a client, "Hey, I just looked in on our IRS auditor and he's sleeping in the office we assigned to him, what should I do." Answer, let him sleep. When I retired the competency level was way down. They would demand a quick response on an issue and within around 10 days they had it. Then nothing on the issue for months. No ability to focus on the big issues and make common sense decisions. Like looking at revenue recognition issues on publicly traded companies. Hell, the problem is for the real CPA auditors is to make sure that a company isn't accelerating revenue recognition.

And we just went through a massive demonstration of the incompetence and corruption in the CDC and the FDA.

At the state level just think of the DMV and the Department of Unemployment and all the hundreds of billions in fake claims paid out. Anyone get fired? Government employment is right in mello's wheel house.
    Like when I ask the leftards to give me an example of white systemic institutional racism and how it is affecting the average black I get Mrs. Worf telling me she was insulted when a short white lady asked her to get something off the top shelf at the grocery store. Baltimore has a black mayor, a black police chief and a black superintendent of public schools and spends $26,000 a year per student while West Linn spends $16,000. So why are the world class shitty Baltimore schools my fault?

So, Minnesota needs to spend $200,000 to a grifter consultant to develop a program for anti-racism training. Then leftards love to complain they are resource constrained.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2023/04/is-childbirth-racist.php

IS CHILDBIRTH RACIST?
    Everything else is, so why not? This question is prompted by the revelation that the University of Minnesota paid a diversity consultant more than $200,000 to develop an online anti-racism training course for the University’s hospitals and maternity centers.

Does anyone seriously think that the University of Minnesota’s hospital system is racist? Of course not. This course is meant to combat “implicit bias,” which means that no one in these overwhelmingly liberal institutions is actually biased. No one takes this language seriously, it’s just a business transaction.

So why is this being done? Last year, Minnesota’s legislature passed (unnoticed by me and everyone else) a “Dignity In Pregnancy And Childbirth” law that mandated it. Where did Minnesota’s Democrats get this idea? As usual, they copied it from the wonderfully successful state of California:

Diversity Science collaborated with UMN’s Center for Antiracism Research for Health Equity to modify courses already created for California’s Dignity in Pregnancy and Childbirth Act.

What is the justification for this boondoggle? The anti-racism consultant explains:

The courses were established as “part of an initiative whose goal is to ensure that Black and Indigenous women and birthing people [Two different categories, apparently] achieve their full potential for healthy and productive lives,” according to Diversity Science’s website. …

“In the US, Black and Indigenous people are twice as likely to experience a preterm birth (PTB), give birth to a low birth weight (LBW) infant, or experience the death of an infant before age 1 compared to white women. Similarly, Black and Indigenous women in the US are more likely to die during or in the year following childbirth. Current estimates are that a full 80% of these deaths are preventable,” the website reads.

So, why are premature and low birth weight deliveries more common among black and Native American mothers? Is it because the University of Minnesota is racist? Obviously not. Fetal alcohol syndrome and illegal drug use are common causes. Why do such infants die more often than babies born to white mothers? (As usual, Asians go unmentioned, but I will hazard a guess that their infants are faring well.) Presumably the same conditions that give rise to low birth weight and premature delivery are involved. In any event, the solution certainly does not lie in online anti-racism courses for hospitals and maternity centers.

Similarly, why is it that black and Native American women are more likely to die in the year following childbirth than white (and, no doubt, Asian) women? A rational explanation would begin by asking what these women died from. Homicide? Drug overdose? Car accident? I can guarantee that not a single such mother died on account of racism in the University of Minnesota hospital system.

So the diversity racket trundles along, making no sense and doing no good, but raking in countless millions for its practitioners. It is probably the greatest corruption of our time, but the powers that be have no interest in blowing the whistle on the scam, as they are nearly all, in one way or another, in on it.
    Chicago apocalypse.

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2023/04/13/urban-struggles-walmart-closing-half-its-chicago-locations-n1686924

Discount retail giant Walmart is only the half the giant it once was in Chicago, saying this week that it will shutter four of its eight locations there. The Washington Post says the move signals “urban struggles.”

Outgoing mayor Lori Lightfoot, who has overseen a massive spike in murder and other crimes, said in a statement, “Unceremoniously abandoning these neighborhoods will create barriers to basic needs for thousands of residents.”

According to Walmart’s official statement, their eight locations “lose tens of millions of dollars a year.” The company has apparently never made a profit at its Chicago locations. “The remaining four Chicago stores continue to face the same business difficulties,” the statement reads, “but we think this decision gives us the best chance to help keep them open and serving the community.”

Translation: If closing half our stores doesn’t quickly drive traffic to the survivors, we’ll have to shutter them, too.