Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We need a general tweet of the day thread

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,068
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bill Maher blasted "the woke world we live in," mocking the fact even James Bond movies are now "p**sified."

Maher, who remains a moderate Democrat, has continued to excoriate woke politics in his comedy, lamenting even Bond has now gone woke, spinning a yarn about a long, lost time.

"This was back in the day when James Bond was allowed to, like, f*ck hot chicks," Maher told Hannah Stocking on last week's "Club Random Podcast," adding woke movie makers have really "p*ssified him.

"On this one – it's so pathetic – he literally takes his girlfriend and her daughter on his mission to save the world. He practically stops off at Target to buy tampons on the way to the underground lair."

Bond was referencing the 1999 Bond film "The World Is Not Enough," comparing Stocking to the attractive Dr. Christmas Jones played by Denise Richards, but lamenting the 2021 "No Time to Die" was made in a woke world.

"It's because that's what this is, the woke world we live in," Maher told Stocking. "But back in that day, Dr. Christmas and Denise Richards was hotter than the sun, still is."
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,129
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    thechatch said:

I’m actually in favor of solar panels.

I just wish we could source them from somewhere other than China

So why are you in favor of an expensive inefficient and dirty energy source? I have no problem with people who want to own or use solar panels. I just don't want to pay for it. The chicoms make the vast majority of solar panels because they don't have to deal with the horrific environmental issues to get the necessary metals and the construction process. Your "wish" is just that. A wish like wanting a unicorn. Get rid of the federal and state tax credits and subsidies and the state solar mandates and then those in favor of solar panels not made in China can have at it.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,765
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    thechatch said:

I’m actually in favor of solar panels.

I just wish we could source them from somewhere other than China

Then the Big Guys wouldn't get their 10% for selling out their country.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,638
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2022
    Well I’m in favor of paying less for electricity for one. If it’s a net gain to my wallet over a 5yr run, I’d throw em in the roof. I just don’t want to support Chinese businesses and the CCP to do it.

For the record, I think we should utilize a variety of different forms of energy production where it makes sense. HE, wind, solar, nuclear, coal, oil, NG….

Treat the energy sector as it should be. A Non subsidized open market and let the cream rise to the top.

It’s pretty maddening that half of all houses in New England burn oil to create electricity when a pipeline from Pennsylvania could provide cheap, reliable NG to reduce energy costs, if only state and federal legislatures could get the fuck out of the way.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    thechatch said:

Well I’m in favor of paying less for electricity for one. If it’s a net gain to my wallet over a 5yr run, I’d throw em in the roof. I just don’t want to support Chinese businesses and the CCP to do it.

For the record, I think we should utilize a variety of different forms of energy production where it makes sense. HE, wind, solar, nuclear, coal, oil, NG….

Treat the energy sector as it should be. A Non subsidized open market and let the cream rise to the top.

It’s pretty maddening that half of all houses in New England burn oil to create electricity when a pipeline from Pennsylvania could provide cheap, reliable NG to reduce energy costs, if only state and federal legislatures could get the fuck out of the way.

The only way it is a net gain is if YOUR solar panels get OUR federal and state incentives which is more than 30% of the cost and the panels are made in China. I agree, let the free market work. Just like we used to have cheap gasoline. Upstate New York has lots of natural gas but the state bans fracking and New York bans new gas pipelines. In that case, it's purely a state issue supported by dem politicians.
  • Options
    edited July 2022

thechatch said:

The only way it is a net gain is if YOUR solar panels get OUR federal and state incentives which is more than 30% of the cost and the panels are made in China. I agree, let the free market work. Just like we used to have cheap gasoline. Upstate New York has lots of natural gas but the state bans fracking and New York bans new gas pipelines. In that case, it's purely a state issue supported by dem politicians.
    traincarsfullofcoal.gif

You know, to power-up the elites' EVs. #ShellGame #DemsAreDumbLiars
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,068
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

Co sign

It's all we need
  • Options
    We are currently meddling in energy the same way we meddle in healthcare. The competition is artificial in many respects and that leads to artificially elevated costs in both sectors.

Imagine if our FG announced that the moronic Medicare for all philosophy should be extrapolated to the energy sector.

We’d be talking about the nationalisation of all energy production and subsequent rationing of supply.

Where in the fuck has that worked?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    thechatch said:

We are currently meddling in energy the same way we meddle in healthcare. The competition is artificial in many respects and that leads to artificially elevated costs in both sectors.

Imagine if our FG announced that the moronic Medicare for all philosophy should be extrapolated to the energy sector.

We’d be talking about the nationalisation of all energy production and subsequent rationing of supply.

Look at the prices for Lasik eye surgery or plastic surgery, neither covered by insurance and therefore not highly regulated. Prices are down, quality up. Amazing what competition can do. Trump wanted hospitals to post prices for surgeries. Dems and RINOs and most importantly, their client group the hospitals hated it.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,930
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Bill Maher blasted "the woke world we live in," mocking the fact even James Bond movies are now "p**sified."

Maher, who remains a moderate Democrat, has continued to excoriate woke politics in his comedy, lamenting even Bond has now gone woke, spinning a yarn about a long, lost time.

"This was back in the day when James Bond was allowed to, like, f*ck hot chicks," Maher told Hannah Stocking on last week's "Club Random Podcast," adding woke movie makers have really "p*ssified him.

"On this one – it's so pathetic – he literally takes his girlfriend and her daughter on his mission to save the world. He practically stops off at Target to buy tampons on the way to the underground lair."

Bond was referencing the 1999 Bond film "The World Is Not Enough," comparing Stocking to the attractive Dr. Christmas Jones played by Denise Richards, but lamenting the 2021 "No Time to Die" was made in a woke world.

"It's because that's what this is, the woke world we live in," Maher told Stocking. "But back in that day, Dr. Christmas and Denise Richards was hotter than the sun, still is."

I don't think I've bothered with a Bond film since the 90s. Daniel Craig sucks and it's watered down and p.c. shit. Roger Moore all day.
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,142
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Look guys they have a solution for the problem they manufactured

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    Just don't call them "lazy". "Non-Urgent" is the new PC term. Who needs an "urgent" medical responder.

https://www.xfinity.com/stream/live/Watch-Good-Day-Oregon/8615637520029897105/KPTV

TO BE FAIR, EVERYTHING WORTHWHILE COUNTS AS WHITE SUPREMACY NOW: Yale Medical Professor Blasts Biden for Working While Sick With COVID — It’s White Supremacy. “POTUS working while having COVID infection epitomizes white supremacy urgency in the workplace.”
  • Options

thechatch said:

Look at the prices for Lasik eye surgery or plastic surgery, neither covered by insurance and therefore not highly regulated. Prices are down, quality up. Amazing what competition can do. Trump wanted hospitals to post prices for surgeries. Dems and RINOs and most importantly, their client group the hospitals hated it.
    The AHA lobbies do work in DC. Recent Medicare reimbursement bump of 9% only to hospitals….not physician owned ASCs. HCS have gotten too large and are beginning to function like government run care. ASCs are the competition in elective procedures so now you have mega-systems colluding with the federal government to stomp out what is a superior product and service in most cases.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    thechatch said:

thechatch said:

The AHA lobbies do work in DC. Recent Medicare reimbursement bump of 9% only to hospitals….not physician owned ASCs. HCS have gotten too large and are beginning to function like government run care. ASCs are the competition in elective procedures so now you have mega-systems colluding with the federal government to stomp out what is a superior product and service in most cases.
    My orthopedic doctor is in a physician owned practice. He admits that its been hard to stay out of the maw of the hospital practices. My wife worked for a physician owned NICU practice. Then with obamacare, they caved and sold out. The regulatory mess of medical practice, like HIPAA and both private and government billing makes the huge hospital orgs attractive for the government but not for the nurses and doctors.
  • Options

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

My orthopedic doctor is in a physician owned practice. He admits that its been hard to stay out of the maw of the hospital practices. My wife worked for a physician owned NICU practice. Then with obamacare, they caved and sold out. The regulatory mess of medical practice, like HIPAA and both private and government billing makes the huge hospital orgs attractive for the government but not for the nurses and doctors.
    The overhead associated with running a private practice is triple what it was just ten years ago. Part of the design of Obamacare was to destroy independent physician-owned groups and transfer the care pathway from the doctor to the accountants and attorneys of large healthcare systems and insurers, because those are the two entities that the federal government is most comfortable doing business with. There is no doctor Union/lobby in DC….so there are no kickbacks to be had by the men and women that actually treat us.

Break up the hospital mega systems. They aren’t good for patient care.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,396
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

The overhead associated with running a private practice is triple what it was just ten years ago. Part of the design of Obamacare was to destroy independent physician-owned groups and transfer the care pathway from the doctor to the accountants and attorneys of large healthcare systems and insurers, because those are the two entities that the federal government is most comfortable doing business with. There is no doctor Union/lobby in DC….so there are no kickbacks to be had by the men and women that actually treat us.

Break up the hospital mega systems. They aren’t good for patient care.
    Take it out of the twit of the day thred.
  • Options

Just don't call them "lazy". "Non-Urgent" is the new PC term. Who needs an "urgent" medical responder.

https://www.xfinity.com/stream/live/Watch-Good-Day-Oregon/8615637520029897105/KPTV

TO BE FAIR, EVERYTHING WORTHWHILE COUNTS AS WHITE SUPREMACY NOW: Yale Medical Professor Blasts Biden for Working While Sick With COVID — It’s White Supremacy. “POTUS working while having COVID infection epitomizes white supremacy urgency in the workplace.”

So according to Biden, the biggest threat we face as a country is.......
    well,

Him.