Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jared Kalinić era begins

2»

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2021
    chuck said:

Kelenic seems to have figured some things out. He's not a write off yet Roadie!

Most elite baseball players are douche bags until they get a little older. He definitely seems to be with the majority.

Julio is wearing clogged chains with J-Rod in diamonds hanging off it and I think he will be a superstar. I don’t dislike Kelenic for being a douchebag. I dislike him because he hasn’t produced and was one of the worst regular’s in the league for most of this season.

Kelenic is doing better. I fully admit it’s too early to make a real judgement, but I don’t think he’s a future star. I’ll be happy if he’s a solid regular and worth 2-3 wins per year.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

Most elite baseball players are douche bags until they get a little older. He definitely seems to be with the majority.

Julio is wearing clogged chains with J-Rod in diamonds hanging off it and I think he will be a superstar. I don’t dislike Kelenic for being a douchebag. I dislike him because he hasn’t produced and was one of the worst regular’s in the league for most of this season.

Kelenic is doing better. I fully admit it’s too early to make a real judgement, but I don’t think he’s a future star. I’ll be happy if he’s a solid regular and worth 2-3 wins per year.
    Totally agree Julio's the superstar.

I think Kelenic's more a mostly healthy Mitch Haniger than a superstar but that's better than 2-3 wins a year.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

You might have misread me. I was just making an observation about baseball players, not addressing anything specific you had said.

I agree with the Haniger projection. Kelenic has more potential than that as a hitter, but he won't realize it because Seattle. That's still pretty good though.
  • steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 367
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    Jump on M’s bandwagon now. Hawks, Huskies are on the downturn. I find myself more invested in this team since they have prospects I have watched come up through college or earlier.
    1b- Evan white. If healthy and he can hit decent. May play vs rhp only
    2b. Toro
    SS Crawford
    3b France. Have to have his bat in there
    C- Raleigh. Murphy a disaster
    LF Julio
    CF kelenic
    RF Haniger
    DH Lewis

Gilbert, Flexen, Gonzalez, Brash, Kirby.

Adding Semien would be amazing but probably pipe dream.

Jump on M’s bandwagon now. Hawks, Huskies are on the downturn. I find myself more invested in this team since they have prospects I have watched come up through college or earlier.
    2b. Toro
    SS Crawford
    LF Julio
    CF kelenic
    RF Haniger
    DH Lewis

Why would White only play against RHP?

You aware he bats right?
    And that's a mediocre team. They have to add at least two star level players (probably one bat and one starter) if they're going to seriously compete.
  • steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 367
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic

My bad. Meant vs lhp for White.
    dnc said:

2b. Toro
    SS Crawford
    LF Julio
    CF kelenic
    RF Haniger
    DH Lewis

You aware he bats right?
    dnc said:

2b. Toro
    SS Crawford
    LF Julio
    CF kelenic
    RF Haniger
    DH Lewis

You aware he bats right?
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,514
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    France is a bad fielder at 3B so Toro will go to 3B and they will sign a FA for 2nd base. Ideally White wins the 1B job and France spells him there while manning the DH. If White can't hit enough, then France is a decent enough fielder there.

So my plan would be to sign LHP Eduardo Rodriguez and 2B / UTL Chris Taylor to multi-year deals. I'd also kick the tires on Justin Verlander, if he checks out maybe he'd accept a 1 year deal at $15 million with a mutual option at $25 million for 2023.

I'm not sure who will receive qualifying offers or if Kikuchi will free up $13 million by not exercising his 1 year option.

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2b. Toro
    SS Crawford
    LF Julio
    CF kelenic
    RF Haniger
    DH Lewis

Evan White sucks.