Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Washington Football: Is Steve Sarkisian Circling the Wagons?

2»

Comments

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

With the stadium debuting, UW will be excited by default. It will be a close game, and intense.

Agreed, although being excited and being ready to play can be two entirely different things.

that's a good point
    enter the lawnmower
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Meek said:

With the stadium debuting, UW will be excited by default. It will be a close game, and intense.

Agreed, although being excited and being ready to play can be two entirely different things.

that's a good point
    enter the lawnmower
    My favorite Metallica song
  • section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam

We just might be able to eak out 7 wins.

BOISE STATE - L
    at Illinois
    IDAHO STATE
    CALIFORNIA
    Stanford - L
    OREGON - L
    Oregon State - L
    UCLA - L
    ARIZONA
    Arizona State
    COLORADO
    WASHINGTON STATE

We might win one of the five games marked as a loss. We'll lose a game to some high school team like WSU so there's five loses in all likely hood. If anything goes wrong, we're 6 - 6 or worse. Anybody on this schedule can beat us other than Idaho St and perhaps Colorado and Illinois.

At this stage, I'm hoping for less than 6 wins.....it's the only way we eradicate this cancer.

Boise St lost quite a few seniors and they are not a great road team. We'll win that.

This season will be a microcosm of 2011. We'll start out 4-0 and be ranked like 15th, then lose 3 in a row to Stanford, Oregon and ASU and the season will basically be over. We'll finish 8-5 and theres no way Sark will get fired for that. Worst case scenario fellas, 8 wins. 7 and its 50-50 he gets fired. 9 wins means expectations are for 10 and north title in 2014.
    I agree that we should beat Boise State, but it is far from a sure thing. We have played poorly in every opener under Sark except the LSU game in 2009. The real dilemma is that Sark is not in Chris Peterson's league as a coach. Boise State will be ready to play, it is debatable if UW will be. I think it will be a very close game.

Boise has to win that game to maintain the illusion that they're a big time program. Would not at all shock me if they won big. Is www.firesark.com available?
    Founders Club
    section8 said:

We just might be able to eak out 7 wins.

BOISE STATE - L
    at Illinois
    IDAHO STATE
    CALIFORNIA
    Stanford - L
    OREGON - L
    Oregon State - L
    UCLA - L
    ARIZONA
    Arizona State
    COLORADO
    WASHINGTON STATE

We might win one of the five games marked as a loss. We'll lose a game to some high school team like WSU so there's five loses in all likely hood. If anything goes wrong, we're 6 - 6 or worse. Anybody on this schedule can beat us other than Idaho St and perhaps Colorado and Illinois.

At this stage, I'm hoping for less than 6 wins.....it's the only way we eradicate this cancer.

Boise St lost quite a few seniors and they are not a great road team. We'll win that.

This season will be a microcosm of 2011. We'll start out 4-0 and be ranked like 15th, then lose 3 in a row to Stanford, Oregon and ASU and the season will basically be over. We'll finish 8-5 and theres no way Sark will get fired for that. Worst case scenario fellas, 8 wins. 7 and its 50-50 he gets fired. 9 wins means expectations are for 10 and north title in 2014.
    I agree that we should beat Boise State, but it is far from a sure thing. We have played poorly in every opener under Sark except the LSU game in 2009. The real dilemma is that Sark is not in Chris Peterson's league as a coach. Boise State will be ready to play, it is debatable if UW will be. I think it will be a very close game.

Boise has to win that game to maintain the illusion that they're a big time program. Would not at all shock me if they won big. Is www.firesark.com available?
    They will out coach us for sure, but the question is will Washington's superior athleticism and excitement over opening the stadium be enough to claim victory?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @Derek I hope so, it's going to be depressing to see a 1/2 empty stadium in the 4th quarter if BSU is winning big.
  • ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    You guys are seriously over estimating Boise St. Remember 2007? San Diego St beat them last year. The bowl was one of the sloppiest mistake filled games of the season. Playing at home with more talent and experience then them, we'll win by 14-17 if we have a good game. Then people will overreact to it like we are some 10 win top 15 team.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I totally get that they're overrated, just saying that they have a habit of winning games early in the year and as of late UW has looked like shit in the first game or two of the season. Remember barely beating EWU? Letting SDSU stay in the game last year? If that happens against BSU than theres a better than average chance that UW loses that game.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

You guys are seriously over estimating Boise St. Remember 2007? San Diego St beat them last year. The bowl was one of the sloppiest mistake filled games of the season. Playing at home with more talent and experience then them, we'll win by 14-17 if we have a good game. Then people will overreact to it like we are some 10 win top 15 team.

They have a better coach. Simple fact
  • Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    edited May 2013
    We over estimate ourselves. Idaho St is the only one team on the schedule we can beat, even in one of our disinterested sleep walk performances. Colorado and Illinois should be gimme's too. But so were the cougs last year and the bark rats in 2011.

I've seen so many bad teams take us to the mat I would worry if we played Florida's state high school championship team. Overlook no one, especially BSU.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Way better coach, but that wasn't enough in 2007 when the disparity in coaching staffs was even greater. If the Huskies show up healthy and with a sense of urgency (two big ifs), they will win the game.
    Founders Club

Way better coach, but that wasn't enough in 2007 when the disparity in coaching staffs was even greater. If the Huskies show up healthy and with a sense of urgency (two big ifs), they will win the game.
    Rather easily? Say 35-17?
    Founders Club

House money!
    Founders Club
    edited May 2013

The fact that TWilly has a better record against the Donkeys (LOL) than Sark speaks volumes

Really? TWilly also has a better record against "the Donkeys (LOL)" than Chip Kelly ...... "Even the losers get lucky sometime".

Founders Club

How does this sound?

"If this game were being played in Boise, I would pick the Broncos by a bunch. However, with the game taking place in Husky Stadium, the home field advantage is worth 14 points. It figures that Boise State will light up the Husky secondary, but it also stands to reason that UW's Jake Locker Keith Price and Bishop Sankey can lead a ball-control offense that keeps BSU's offense off the field. The Dawgs eek out a win to go to 2-0 1-0.

Prediction: Washington 31, Boise State 2717"
  • Dan HennesseyDan Hennessey Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Sark has been given more tools than most other coaches in the country. Staff payroll and facilites second to no one else's. There are demands placed upon any management in business, and coaching is absolutely business even at college level. The investment made by the UW in the FB program can and should demand results. There can be no doubt Sark took on a deplorable bottom dwelling program, but he has been given the tools to succeed, as well as great support from fans to this point. Mediocrity, however, will not be acceptable to the UW or fans, as the support will die quickly with a sub-eight win season, watch and see.
  • ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic

Sark has been given more tools than most other coaches in the country. Staff payroll and facilites second to no one else's. There are demands placed upon any management in business, and coaching is absolutely business even at college level. The investment made by the UW in the FB program can and should demand results. There can be no doubt Sark took on a deplorable bottom dwelling program, but he has been given the tools to succeed, as well as great support from fans to this point. Mediocrity, however, will not be acceptable to the UW or fans, as the support will die quickly with a sub-eight win season, watch and see.

Good post but I disagree with bottom-dwelling program. Even Sark, with only two years experience from a comfortable OC job almost had this team in a bowl game in his first year.
    Founders Club

Good post but I disagree with bottom-dwelling program. Even Sark, with only two years experience from a comfortable OC job almost had this team in a bowl game in his first year.
    Agree. They would have been in a bowl game if not for "the best play caller" in college football. Losses at Notre Dame, Arizona State and UCLA were all on Sark.

• digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2013
    This is simply another example that Steve Sarkisian is a master manipulator, maybe even more-so than Neu, and that is truly frightening. What's worse is he is extremely good @ it, mainly because he likes to hear himself talk so damn much: He has the media wrapped around his finger, he can do no wrong in the eyes of the UW admin., the casual UW fan(s) buys into all of his cheesy cliche's, excuses, baseball/basketball analogies, anecdotes, etc. This man has been making millions to learn on the job, hired with barely any prior coaching experience, let alone college HC experience. I wouldn't care if he was winning, but he has a .500 record after four seasons. He took UW for a ride and is laughing all the way to the bank. It disgusts me.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2013
    Good post, Joe. Sark says a lot of great stuff, but he never backs it up. He also says some really stupid shit (house money!) The guy loves to hear himself talk and he is a con artist in a way. There are people who are dumb enough to still believe anything he says. Here are some examples off the top of my head.

This offense has withstood the test of time- Really? News to me because you are going to the no huddle, and hardly ever go under center. Is that the offense that has withstood the test of time?

Best coaching staff in America- Nuff said

Undefeated at home in 2010- Get blown out by Stanford and Nebraska. Lose to a bad ASU team.

The rebuild won't take long- 5 years later, 0-12 is still being used, even by Sark himself.

The countless times he has talked about playing physical- We have been soft all 4 years, and I doubt that changes this year.

It's about fucking time he stopped yapping so much. Instead, he should coach up a tough, disciplined team that plays to their potential or even (gasp) overachieves. Isn't that what good coaches do?