Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington Football: Is Steve Sarkisian Circling the Wagons?

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302
Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
edited May 2013 in Tug Tavern

imageWashington Football: Is Steve Sarkisian Circling the Wagons?

In a recent interview with SiriusXM College Sports Nation, UW coach Steve Sarkisian said,

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Good thing he had Kim Grinolds around to be his dirty little parrot so Kim could tell the world that Husky fans couldn't have any semblance of expectations until the magical year of 2013. Something tells me that it isn't just Kim who will blame Keith Price if the Special Year of 2013 goes into the shitter - it will be the head coach as well.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sounds like he taking a page from the Obama playbook. Some of you don't realize the damage Bush/Willingham did.
  • Options
    Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    edited May 2013
    I really don't think he's feeling any heat. He's just tamping expectations and toning down the BS so heat doesn't develop.

He laid out a set of excuses...."not my fault' laced with a bit of bravado, "competing for the conference championship." If he wins 8 regular season games, we'll erect a statue to him. As long as he goes 7 - 5 he'll be around for several years.

As oft mentioned, "Husky Football IS Dead."
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

As long as he goes 7 - 5 he'll be around for several years.
    "

This is my real fear. Will he be gone if he goes 7-5? Somehow, I doubt he will.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    We just might be able to eak out 7 wins.

BOISE STATE - L
    at Illinois
    IDAHO STATE
    CALIFORNIA
    Stanford - L
    OREGON - L
    Oregon State - L
    UCLA - L
    ARIZONA
    Arizona State
    COLORADO
    WASHINGTON STATE

We might win one of the five games marked as a loss. We'll lose a game to some high school team like WSU so there's five loses in all likely hood. If anything goes wrong, we're 6 - 6 or worse. Anybody on this schedule can beat us other than Idaho St and perhaps Colorado and Illinois.

At this stage, I'm hoping for less than 6 wins.....it's the only way we eradicate this cancer.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,927
    Founders Club
    The only point where I could start actually hoping for the Huskies to lose is if we're 3-7 or something like that. Just like 2007.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2013
    wait... if you guys think the guy who built our house is going anywhere. cookoo cookoo
  • Options
    UCLA. Would they be better of if Rick had won a few more games his last year? He might still be there.

It's bitter medicine.

The only point where I could start actually hoping for the Huskies to lose is if we're 3-7 or something like that. Just like 2007.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If Sark can't win 9 games before December, i think 3 wins would be my next choice. Get him the fuck out.

My problem is I have no confidence the next hire will be anything other than Lather, Rinse, repeat.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2013
    Sark was right the first time, when he said that it shouldn't take that long. Yes, he inherited an 0-12 team in terms of wins and losses, but not in terms of talent. He inherited Daniel Te'O Nesheim, Donald Butler, Mason Foster, Jake Locker, Jermaine Kearse, Devin Aguilar, Chris Polk, Alameda Ta'Amu, Senio Kelemete, a productive-Kavario Middleton, etc. In other words, he had a lot to work with.

Now he is realizing that he should have milked the 0-12 excuse a lot longer. It's a winning argument to the uneducated masses.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2013
    It's a winning argument to the uneducated masses.
    It's worked for BHO.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Come on, you're not that simple minded. It's completely different, pal. Look at where unemployment was when dubbya took over, the debt, deficit, and credit markets.

Then look at where unemployment was when BHO took over, the debt, deficit, and credit markets. Banks weren't lending (those that were surviving), the economy was bleeding jobs, and foreclosure rates were at an all-time. Oh yah, and we were mired in 2 very expensive wars (1 of which was unnecessary).

In stark contrast, Sark inherited a bunch of talented players that simply underachieved under his predecessor. All he had to do was instill some enthusiasm (i.e., "fun") and the rest took care of itself.

The President and a football coach are not even comparable. A President does not have "complete control of the world," meaning that he/she cannot force banks to restructure home loans, and he cannot force companies to hire, and he cannot not force consumers to increase their confidence. Obama only had 2 years with a Democratic House, so he did not have the power to implement his policies.

But Sark was the dictator - he got to do whatever he wanted (call plays, recruit players, etc etc etc).

Sark inherited a good situation. Obama did not.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

Come on, you're not that simple minded. It's completely different, pal. Look at where unemployment was when dubbya took over, the debt, deficit, and credit markets.

Then look at where unemployment was when BHO took over, the debt, deficit, and credit markets. Banks weren't lending (those that were surviving), the economy was bleeding jobs, and foreclosure rates were at an all-time. Oh yah, and we were mired in 2 very expensive wars (1 of which was unnecessary).

In stark contrast, Sark inherited a bunch of talented players that simply underachieved under his predecessor. All he had to do was instill some enthusiasm (i.e., "fun") and the rest took care of itself.

The President and a football coach are not even comparable. A President does not have "complete control of the world," meaning that he/she cannot force banks to restructure home loans, and he cannot force companies to hire, and he cannot not force consumers to increase their confidence. Obama only had 2 years with a Democratic House, so he did not have the power to implement his policies.

But Sark was the dictator - he got to do whatever he wanted (call plays, recruit players, etc etc etc).

Sark inherited a good situation. Obama did not.

Listen fella...if you can't see the damage Willingham did then I can't help you.

I heard the wars were not only expensive and the reason for the high debt, but they were ILLEGAL. Staff? True?

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Pussy. I'm already hoping for 0-12 this year.
  • Options
    ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic

BOISE STATE - L
    at Illinois
    IDAHO STATE
    CALIFORNIA
    Stanford - L
    OREGON - L
    Oregon State - L
    UCLA - L
    ARIZONA
    Arizona State
    COLORADO
    WASHINGTON STATE

We might win one of the five games marked as a loss. We'll lose a game to some high school team like WSU so there's five loses in all likely hood. If anything goes wrong, we're 6 - 6 or worse. Anybody on this schedule can beat us other than Idaho St and perhaps Colorado and Illinois.

At this stage, I'm hoping for less than 6 wins.....it's the only way we eradicate this cancer.

Boise St lost quite a few seniors and they are not a great road team. We'll win that.

This season will be a microcosm of 2011. We'll start out 4-0 and be ranked like 15th, then lose 3 in a row to Stanford, Oregon and ASU and the season will basically be over. We'll finish 8-5 and theres no way Sark will get fired for that. Worst case scenario fellas, 8 wins. 7 and its 50-50 he gets fired. 9 wins means expectations are for 10 and north title in 2014.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2013

BOISE STATE - L
    at Illinois
    IDAHO STATE
    CALIFORNIA
    Stanford - L
    OREGON - L
    Oregon State - L
    UCLA - L
    ARIZONA
    Arizona State
    COLORADO
    WASHINGTON STATE

Boise St lost quite a few seniors and they are not a great road team. We'll win that.

This season will be a microcosm of 2011. We'll start out 4-0 and be ranked like 15th, then lose 3 in a row to Stanford, Oregon and ASU and the season will basically be over. We'll finish 8-5 and theres no way Sark will get fired for that. Worst case scenario fellas, 8 wins. 7 and its 50-50 he gets fired. 9 wins means expectations are for 10 and north title in 2014.
    I agree that we should beat Boise State, but it is far from a sure thing. We have played poorly in every opener under Sark except the LSU game in 2009. The real dilemma is that Sark is not in Chris Peterson's league as a coach. Boise State will be ready to play, it is debatable if UW will be. I think it will be a very close game.

• Options
    Founders Club
    With the stadium debuting, UW will be excited by default. It will be a close game, and intense.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    After the standford beat down we will hear "can't you just be happy with 4-1?" Then after the Oregon beat down we will hear "honestly, at the beginning of the year did you expect to beat Oregon?"
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

With the stadium debuting, UW will be excited by default. It will be a close game, and intense.

Agreed, although being excited and being ready to play can be two entirely different things.

• Options
    Founders Club

Agreed, although being excited and being ready to play can be two entirely different things.

that's a good point