Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2015 email from LA TImes reporter and DeLarry

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,917
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Just stumbled upon this in my inbox while looking for something else. Since it's all water under the bridge and I'm not betraying anything private, I thought I'd post it here. Kind of interesting to look back.

Aug 27, 2015, at 12:17 AM

Derek -- I'm a reporter with the Los Angeles Times. In light of last week's incident with Steve Sarkisian, we're taking a closer look at his off-field behavior during his time at UW. The rumors aren't hard to find; locating people who actually witnessed the litany of alleged incidents is much tougher. So, I wanted to reach out on the chance you could point me toward a person or persons who would have direct knowledge of any of the variety of things linked to Sarkisian in recent years. Appreciate any help you can provide. Kind regards, Nathan Fenno

I forwarded it to the late DeLarry, to which he replied:

Larry Kirby
Thu 8/27/2015 5:06 AM
Suggest a working title of "Mediocrity and Ruins". You could just tell him to go sit down in a booth at Joey's for a night.

FatSark really embarrassed himself. I don't think he recovers from this. You can be a crazy drunk if you're winning Rose Bowls. This is Seven Win Steve. Or nine wins, if you give a bump for talent. Either way, he's not winning a championship. He's done there. His leash is short. And I believe he only went into treatment to protect his job.

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,433
    Nathan Fenno is a sports enterprise reporter for the Los Angeles Times focused on investigations, features and in-depth stories.

His story about the murder of former NBA player Lorenzen Wright was included in the 2019 edition of “The Best American Sports Writing.” Five additional stories have received notable mention in the Best American Sports Writing series. His work has also been recognized by the Associated Press Sports Editors, Society of Professional Journalists, Investigative Reporters and Editors and several regional journalism associations.

A Seattle native, Fenno previously wrote for the Washington Times, the Ann Arbor (Mich.) News and the King County (Wash.) Journal.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,061
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

If you guys don’t root for Sark because he’s come such a long way after his rampant alcoholism behaviors at UW/USC, you’re horrible people.

YBU fan hot take.

I guess doogs too.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,113
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

#RIP Angry Alum

Legit Ts and Ps... he was the very best of this wretched hive of scum and villainy
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

#RIP Angry Alum

Legit Ts and Ps... he was the very best of this wretched hive of scum and villainy
    This.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club