Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

For the Bitcoin Bros - $400,000 in 2021?

Comments

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    voyager app is an alternative to coinbase. They pay interest on coins. Coinbase is considered the gold standard mainstream wise but there are tons of crypto exchanges. It gets complicated. Voyager and coinbase are the easiest to navigate. Voyager app pays 8.5% APR on USDC which is the same as cash not FDIC insured. I have both apps. Voyager is publicy traded and has their own coin that you can buy to boost interest rates. https://www.investvoyager.com/app/

Voyager has been getting shit on a bit but mainly because their growth has been insane. I have used it since January with little issue. No desk top version yet. Their support is lacking. Stock symbol https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/vygvf

You could buy 10 or 15k of bitcoin for exposure. There are so many coins that could 10 to 50x. AAVE coin has a 70,000% return in one year. AAVE peaked $500 bucks a coin and you could have bought it for $.05 cents a year ago. Polkadot & Chainlink I believe are 1000% return. Enj coin 3000%. Tons of coins like this.

AVAX (Avalanche) could be a $1000 dollar coin trading at $38 dollars (voyager app)

Ethereum is considered the next trillion dollar coin which you could buy instead of Bit.

Some say just buy bitcoin and Ethereum and nothing else. Hard to argue that but the explosive growth in altcoins is hard to pass up.

If I had 60k to burn on crypto, 25k into bit and Eth, and the remaining 10k I would put into various coins. This would be a long-term approach. If you want to attempt wild gains in the next year or two. You could turn that 60k into a couple million.

There are other exchanges like uniswap but you need ethereum to buy through it to pay for "gas" fees and download metamask onto your browser and do a bunch of transfer bullshit that I am not willing to do but it does expand your coin options.

My exposure is low but it's fun right now because coins are riding the wave right now.

This guy is awesome, tons of videos and good data: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRJslqJJRJs

Another resource guy: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl2oCaw8hdR_kbqyqd2klIA

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,775
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I was so convinced crypto was this generation’s tulip craze. I’m kicking myself for not buying a little early on just for funsies.

Fuck me and my overly conservative investment strategies.

Same. I had a friend go in heavy in 2017 but I thought it was too late because it was already mainstream. He told me I would regret not buying some. I was taught or at least self taught to think that once the average Joe finds out about something it’s too late.
    I keep praying to the financial gods that I’ll just blunder my way into something on big on the ground floor like a lot of these rich assholes.

One of the wealthiest people I know admitted to me, “yes, I worked hard...but a lot of it was just being lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time.”
    That's about 75% of it.

Lots of smart people, lots of hard working people but right place/right time accounts for a shitload of it. Know plenty of Microsoft/Amazon millionaires and, quite honestly, there are 50 regular posters here just as smart, just as witty, just as whatever.....

God forbid you ever point that out to any of them though.

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    For the crypto experts, what is this? Should I do this since I bought as a long-term hold, anyways?

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

The price of it is so high that you have to put a ton of money in it to make much off of it. I bought some the other day (very small amount) more as a hedge on what's going on with the USD and concern about global currency, etc.

I made my first purchase two days ago. Same rationale.
    How did you buy it?
  • Options
    Founders Club

The price of it is so high that you have to put a ton of money in it to make much off of it. I bought some the other day (very small amount) more as a hedge on what's going on with the USD and concern about global currency, etc.

I made my first purchase two days ago. Same rationale.
    How did you buy it?
    Coinbase app.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Yes, stake it.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    jecornel said:

Yes, stake it.

How?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

If it goes up to 400? What odds do we? need for that to happen before you roll $60,000? Unless I'm misunderstanding ... you need $60k for one bitcoin, right?
    Yeah, $60+k right now for one coin. If I had a million in the bank $60k would still be too big a risk to me. I don't have the funds to do much gambling versus long-term security right now.

This is what people misunderstand. Bitcoin is the long term safety net. It's the hedge against countries with insane monetary policies, including ours. At a minimum it will continue to eat gold's market share of the store of value market but it's the hedge against the psychotic MMT promoters too.
    THIS is about as good an explanation for why I should do it that I've seen. Still, I feel like I just really don't understand it enough and it would be a complete leap of faith.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Coinbase will provide all the prompts. It’s essentially just earning interest on the coin.
    Baseman said:

jecornel said:

Yes, stake it.

How?

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    Think of crypto as the wood coin or dial up for internet.

Blockchain solving all kinds of things like supply chain problems, health records and it can fix voting but who wants that!

It will change a ton of shit.

If it goes up to 400? What odds do we? need for that to happen before you roll $60,000? Unless I'm misunderstanding ... you need $60k for one bitcoin, right?
    Yeah, $60+k right now for one coin. If I had a million in the bank $60k would still be too big a risk to me. I don't have the funds to do much gambling versus long-term security right now.

This is what people misunderstand. Bitcoin is the long term safety net. It's the hedge against countries with insane monetary policies, including ours. At a minimum it will continue to eat gold's market share of the store of value market but it's the hedge against the psychotic MMT promoters too.
    THIS is about as good an explanation for why I should do it that I've seen. Still, I feel like I just really don't understand it enough and it would be a complete leap of faith.
  • Options
    Founders Club

• Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

Blockchain solving all kinds of things like supply chain problems, health records and it can fix voting but who wants that!

I strongly recommend listening to this podcast episode ‘Bitcoin, not blockchain’ to fully grasp the difference between blockchain for title/medical records/property that does not exist explicitly in the blockchain itself and Bitcoin. https://open.spotify.com/episode/7rdDV85mbLwIWjnusl9ZU4?si=gY5ABJ94RiOZi0tCz0xnxA

Blockchain in the context of Bitcoin is far far more important than anything else implemented with a blockchain. Scammers will use blockchain as a buzzword to take your money and buy more Bitcoin with it.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Or for those that read good, the article at unchained capital https://unchained-capital.com/blog/bitcoin-not-blockchain/
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,775
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    jecornel said:

Block chain will have more of an impact than crypto currency.

Already in discussion on a couple applications with some folk.

• Options

I was so convinced crypto was this generation’s tulip craze. I’m kicking myself for not buying a little early on just for funsies.

Same. I had a friend go in heavy in 2017 but I thought it was too late because it was already mainstream. He told me I would regret not buying some. I was taught or at least self taught to think that once the average Joe finds out about something it’s too late.
    I keep praying to the financial gods that I’ll just blunder my way into something on big on the ground floor like a lot of these rich assholes.

One of the wealthiest people I know admitted to me, “yes, I worked hard...but a lot of it was just being lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time.”

Essential Markets
    Target Growth
    Cyber Camps
    Web Pe
    MyWallet

there's a few more I'm missing. In 1999-2000, I clamored to get in and ended up with a nice tax write off.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Baseman said:

Essential Markets
    Target Growth
    Cyber Camps
    Web Pe
    MyWallet

there's a few more I'm missing. In 1999-2000, I clamored to get in and ended up with a nice tax write off.
    don't get me started on the dot.coms everybody was all lathered up about. Terabeam, Drugstore, HomeGrocer ....
  • Options

Baseman said:

Essential Markets
    Target Growth
    Cyber Camps
    Web Pe
    MyWallet

don't get me started on the dot.coms everybody was all lathered up about. Terabeam, Drugstore, HomeGrocer ....
    WebVan...Pets.com...I wrote checks, lost $
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2021

Baseman said:

Essential Markets
    Target Growth
    Cyber Camps
    Web Pe
    MyWallet

That was my big one.

But truth be told I was right...it was just many years later and called Amazon Prime Now. 😅
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Put your 60k in Vechain (VET)
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    jecornel said:

Put your 60k in Vechain (VET)

Why? Coinbase doesn't offer.