Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Caleb Presley, 2023 4* CB (Eastside Catholic) (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Martin ended up a Husky.

Tryon also sucked in HS until his senior year.

Savell Smalls had zero sacks as a senior and played on a defense that got shredded, but he was supposedly still elite.
    I continue to forget he's on our team. I don't think I've ever seen a 5 star come in and everyone just immediately accept that he's mediocre. Usually there's some flashes or hope for guys like that to figure it out. But with Smalls it's painfully obvious to everyone that he possesses no elite tools and has the natural talent indistinguishable from someone who plays for Montana State.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,930
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    ntxduck said:

@ntxduck, my favorite Duck... Et tu, Brute? No love for a BTP copypasta?

I fetters-fingered it. That copy pasta is an auto-chin from me
    Huh?
  • Options
    79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 710
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Martin ended up a Husky.

Savell Smalls had zero sacks as a senior and played on a defense that got shredded, but he was supposedly still elite.
    I continue to forget he's on our team. I don't think I've ever seen a 5 star come in and everyone just immediately accept that he's mediocre. Usually there's some flashes or hope for guys like that to figure it out. But with Smalls it's painfully obvious to everyone that he possesses no elite tools and has the natural talent indistinguishable from someone who plays for Montana State.
    I was watching him against the cougs and he does nothing but complain about holding. He looked fat and slow. He will never be a starter screen shot it.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,298
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Martin ended up a Husky.

I was watching him against the cougs and he does nothing but complain about holding. He looked fat and slow. He will never be a starter screen shot it.
    I saw the same. “Why is that end not getting any push?” He definitely looked fat and slow.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Martin ended up a Husky.

If Trice leaves, I'll be interested to see who our DE/edge guys end up being. Schmidt got a lot out of Trice and Martin this year. I absolutely hated the offer to Heims and chalked it up as lazy recruiting but the guy looked way more explosive than Smalls when he played. Maybe ZTF comes back and is fully healthy but I'll be very surprised if Smalls ever makes an impact.
    There is a decent chance Trice and ZTF leave. If that we're the case we are gonna need at least 2 guys in the portal. Heims, Smalls and Holtzclaw isn't close to being good enough.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Martin ended up a Husky.

And

Martin ended up a Husky.

If Trice leaves, I'll be interested to see who our DE/edge guys end up being. Schmidt got a lot out of Trice and Martin this year. I absolutely hated the offer to Heims and chalked it up as lazy recruiting but the guy looked way more explosive than Smalls when he played. Maybe ZTF comes back and is fully healthy but I'll be very surprised if Smalls ever makes an impact.
    Heims is a star in the making. Sadly I’m not sure there are any other EDGE guys I can say that about. I don’t think ZTF is sticking around, feels destined for the portal, Trice is almost assuredly going to the draft. BUTT HOW WILL WE REPLACE LITTLETON AND FEENEY??
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,576
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Why ZTF destined for portal?

He almost left last year then ended up not being a starter. There could be a world where that didn’t sit well with him. He’d be the guy next year on a competitive team. Not sure why you’d leave but you just never know.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,153
    Founders Club

Doogles said:

He almost left last year then ended up not being a starter. There could be a world where that didn’t sit well with him. He’d be the guy next year on a competitive team. Not sure why you’d leave but you just never know.
    Because sometimes kids are just stupid
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 705
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    ZTF success during the Covid season went to his head a bit too quickly. He started daydreaming about the NFL despite his glaring weakness on run support and setting the edge. Then the Achilles. I think he could look at options but I think he’s in a good spot to play more snaps next season after holding up. He may feel more comfortable carrying a bit more weight. I think he got a bit too light.

Winning cures many ailments I’m leaning more towards a good send off for Zulu Tango Foxtrot
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

ZTF success during the Covid season went to his head a bit too quickly. He started daydreaming about the NFL despite his glaring weakness on run support and setting the edge. Then the Achilles. I think he could look at options but I think he’s in a good spot to play more snaps next season after holding up. He may feel more comfortable carrying a bit more weight. I think he got a bit too light.

Winning cures many ailments I’m leaning more towards a good send off for Zulu Tango Foxtrot

True, he and Trice would start if they came back and Heims would be the #1 guy off the bench with Holzclaw and Smalls for depth. They will probably target a transfer too.

Smalls dominated when younger but then he stopped growing but his reputation preceded him with regards to recruiting. Now he has the size to play DE but not the athleticism. But he doesn't have the size to play inside so he's kind of stuck and will never be a starter. If he can have a good / last off-season, he may have a chance to contribute while finishing up his degree. That would be great all-around.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    dnc said:

Doogles said:

Lost tons of weight, doesn’t seem like he fits EDGE or OLB at this size. Plus he went from superstar to backup, that’s a rough fall. I bet he looks for a fresh start. Hope I’m wrong.
    He lost so much weight that he couldn't be trusted to be put in on any run downs. He was exclusively used on 3rd and long. While he was still easily our best pass rusher when on the field, that's going to limit his options for playing time anywhere
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

dnc said:

Doogles said:

Lost tons of weight, doesn’t seem like he fits EDGE or OLB at this size. Plus he went from superstar to backup, that’s a rough fall. I bet he looks for a fresh start. Hope I’m wrong.
    He lost so much weight that he couldn't be trusted to be put in on any run downs. He was exclusively used on 3rd and long. While he was still easily our best pass rusher when on the field, that's going to limit his options for playing time anywhere
    IF he stays and IF his Achilles can take the strain he needs to get back up to 260. He needs that thick backside again. I felt like his ample booty was like a buoy that kept him on his feet when he bent the edge.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,455
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

NEsnake12 said:

dnc said:

Doogles said:

IF he stays and IF his Achilles can take the strain he needs to get back up to 260. He needs that thick backside again. I felt like his ample booty was like a buoy that kept him on his feet when he bent the edge.
    If he transfers, he'll have the same issues he has here which is dealing with run support and setting the edge. His best future is one where he stays here given how well Martin and Trice played this season
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,631
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

NEsnake12 said:

dnc said:

Doogles said:

He was just as fast as 265+ as he was at this weight too.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

NEsnake12 said:

dnc said:

Doogles said:

If he transfers, he'll have the same issues he has here which is dealing with run support and setting the edge. His best future is one where he stays here given how well Martin and Trice played this season
    Easier to set the edge at 260 than 245. If his body can handle the weight, put it on. Chuck is right, He was explosive at 265.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,122
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Smalls was crooted by Bama at ILB. Maybe he loses 15-20 and becomes a Lester Towns sized MIKE🤷‍♂️