Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Does Junior Adams Suck?

2»

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Beno4Life said:

It’s four spring practices and one and a quarter seasons in, but why does the WR position continue to be this team’s Achilles heel? We have supposed talent, yet we can’t get any separation, make tough grabs, or develop a playmaker. Is it solely scheme? Or does Adams just suck? I thought Puka, Jalen Mac, and even Spike/Ozzy would be sure bets. Rome is athletic but raw and doesn’t seem like a natural pass-catcher and Bynum is solid but not flashy.

What the fuck? (I’m trying not to lay the blame on Pete’s “beautiful mind” offense or JohnDon.)

No such thing as a sure bet. And if there is such a thing we haven't landed any. Spiker and McMillan have been the highest rated and McMillan the most highly recruited but neither was quite on the Egbuka level of national recruit.

Initially under CP our WR recruiting was the worst of any position group. In retrospect I think many posters got overly excited about the Jones/Bynum/Cook '17 class and then the Spiker/Osborne '18 class in comparison to '15 and '16. Four out of five being busts is not good but it is a small sample size- two good receivers out of five would have been fine.

At this point there is plenty of talent on the roster- including Adams' 2020 guys and the transfer Polk- and we have a somewhat proven QB and an experienced OLine so no reason they shouldn't produce.
    The real issue is that none of the five are actually go to guys with all conference ability. I think we have had a few, somewhat good #2 or #3 type WR’s but not one of them has been legitimately a threat every game.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Beno4Life said:

It’s four spring practices and one and a quarter seasons in, but why does the WR position continue to be this team’s Achilles heel? We have supposed talent, yet we can’t get any separation, make tough grabs, or develop a playmaker. Is it solely scheme? Or does Adams just suck? I thought Puka, Jalen Mac, and even Spike/Ozzy would be sure bets. Rome is athletic but raw and doesn’t seem like a natural pass-catcher and Bynum is solid but not flashy.

What the fuck? (I’m trying not to lay the blame on Pete’s “beautiful mind” offense or JohnDon.)

No such thing as a sure bet. And if there is such a thing we haven't landed any. Spiker and McMillan have been the highest rated and McMillan the most highly recruited but neither was quite on the Egbuka level of national recruit.

Initially under CP our WR recruiting was the worst of any position group. In retrospect I think many posters got overly excited about the Jones/Bynum/Cook '17 class and then the Spiker/Osborne '18 class in comparison to '15 and '16. Four out of five being busts is not good but it is a small sample size- two good receivers out of five would have been fine.

At this point there is plenty of talent on the roster- including Adams' 2020 guys and the transfer Polk- and we have a somewhat proven QB and an experienced OLine so no reason they shouldn't produce.
    The real issue is that none of the five are actually go to guys with all conference ability. I think we have had a few, somewhat good #2 or #3 type WR’s but not one of them has been legitimately a threat every game.
    Bynum looked pretty good in the three games he played last year but yeah we will see this year.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

Dont forget the transfer of Giles either

So don't sleep on him is what you're saying.
    Don’t sleep with him