Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Does Junior Adams Suck?

It’s four spring practices and one and a quarter seasons in, but why does the WR position continue to be this team’s Achilles heel? We have supposed talent, yet we can’t get any separation, make tough grabs, or develop a playmaker. Is it solely scheme? Or does Adams just suck? I thought Puka, Jalen Mac, and even Spike/Ozzy would be sure bets. Rome is athletic but raw and doesn’t seem like a natural pass-catcher and Bynum is solid but not flashy.

What the fuck? (I’m trying not to lay the blame on Pete’s “beautiful mind” offense or JohnDon.)

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,015
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    needs more tim to get HIS GUYS in there?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Yes. But he also may not.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,501
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    He sucks until proven otherwise. 81% chance he sucks.

Too many fucking drops.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Too many fucking drops.

Careful.

DDY wants Adams to get fired.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Too many fucking drops.

Careful.

DDY wants Adams to get fired.
    I dont hate DDY for his football takes

I hate him because he's an ignorant racist
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Maybe because they play in AAU 7 vs 7 and never play with actual pads on
  • Options
    Founders Club

The best thing about this is that the receiver caught the damn ball while losing his head to the scariest man in pro football.

New practice drills?
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Beno4Life said:

It’s four spring practices and one and a quarter seasons in, but why does the WR position continue to be this team’s Achilles heel? We have supposed talent, yet we can’t get any separation, make tough grabs, or develop a playmaker. Is it solely scheme? Or does Adams just suck? I thought Puka, Jalen Mac, and even Spike/Ozzy would be sure bets. Rome is athletic but raw and doesn’t seem like a natural pass-catcher and Bynum is solid but not flashy.

What the fuck? (I’m trying not to lay the blame on Pete’s “beautiful mind” offense or JohnDon.)

The coaches are stressing fundamentals and game planning like never before. Sounds like the kids are embracing it.

• Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,481
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I am ok with the turnover at WR this year. Puka had his moments and certainly has a lot of talent but it's been a long time since someone stepped up to be a (recent memory) Dante Pettis/John Ross type receiver and I don't think the guys we had last year had that sort of consistency and talent. Time to try some new guys who look promising and hope the younger receivers step up. I think D-Mo is going to surprise this year. Dude doesn't look like a QB in street clothes but I think he's a gamer and is going to get the ball to the receivers who step up.

I expect we'll see Cade get a lot of targets as well which should free up the WR opportunities as well.

Not too concerned. I agree, though, if the WRs suck again this year, it's a cause for concern with regards to coaching.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,827
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

LIPO

If the receivers are bad this year I'll be all in on #FireAdams. I think they'll be pretty good.

And I'm not especially worried about the "can't get separation" stuff. They got plenty of separation last season (biggest plus of John Don's offense). Getting separation against our DB's is completely different than getting separation against everyone else. There is plenty of speed and quickness in the receiver room. They'll be plenty open.

Will they catch the damn ball is the question?

I think they will. But if they don't?

WellBye.gif

Lucky for us lil Jimmie is only about running the damn ball so we don’t have to worry about the wr’s catching the damn ball!

Problem solved.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Beno4Life said:

No such thing as a sure bet. And if there is such a thing we haven't landed any. Spiker and McMillan have been the highest rated and McMillan the most highly recruited but neither was quite on the Egbuka level of national recruit.

Initially under CP our WR recruiting was the worst of any position group. In retrospect I think many posters got overly excited about the Jones/Bynum/Cook '17 class and then the Spiker/Osborne '18 class in comparison to '15 and '16. Four out of five being busts is not good but it is a small sample size- two good receivers out of five would have been fine.

At this point there is plenty of talent on the roster- including Adams' 2020 guys and the transfer Polk- and we have a somewhat proven QB and an experienced OLine so no reason they shouldn't produce.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Dont forget the transfer of Giles either
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Puka was the most talented offensive guy UW has had since John Ross. Average pass catcher but game-breaker. Just a strong, twitchy guy at WR. Rare talent.

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Dont forget the transfer of Giles either

So don't sleep on him is what you're saying.