Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Opposing student loan debt cancellation is...

2»

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Leave it to the media to insert race into everything and divide an already divided country. How about it's not fair that college cost $4,500 20 years ago and it's three times that now, given wages are stagnant and the top 10percent own 90 percent of wealth or stalks or whatever the hell it is?

It’s a racket. There is real truth in learning a trade and skipping college. Back in the day, a college degree meant a lot more. Anyone can take loans and get one now.
    Reviewed a job description for an administrative assistant today. No specialized skills required other than basic computer skills. The qualifications said college degree required.

I said fuck that, reassigned duties, outsourced a couple tasks and won’t rehire the position simply because that pissed me off.

• Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Leave it to the media to insert race into everything and divide an already divided country. How about it's not fair that college cost $4,500 20 years ago and it's three times that now, given wages are stagnant and the top 10percent own 90 percent of wealth or stalks or whatever the hell it is?

It’s a racket. There is real truth in learning a trade and skipping college. Back in the day, a college degree meant a lot more. Anyone can take loans and get one now.
    Reviewed a job description for an administrative assistant today. No specialized skills required other than basic computer skills. The qualifications said college degree required.

I said fuck that, reassigned duties, outsourced a couple tasks and won’t rehire the position simply because that pissed me off.

Poor kids are just as smart as white kids POTD
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

That’s gonna hurt your PPP loan forgiveness!
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    thechatch said:

That’s gonna hurt your PPP loan forgiveness!
    The Throbber fucking hates employees. If I could contract every aspect, I’d do it. No HR or bullshit employment laws. Make that drama someone else’s problem.