Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hey Audiophiles! Let’s Talk Headphones

I’ve got a pair of Bose headphones that I’ve had for almost three years but they’re starting to come apart:

Is it worth getting headphones repaired, or should I just buy a new pair?

And if I go new, do you fellas have any recommendations?

Comments

• 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What are they used for?
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Love Boise, but I know there are better headphones out there.

So far, I have found they are on of the best for wireless headphones.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm deaf, so nice headphones for music are wasted on me. I could recommend awesome living room/TV headphones.

Also, you can't beat Shure for earbuds. Not sure if they still are, but they used to be the go-to for in-ear monitors for concert performers. I used a set of E2Cs to listen to tunes in my motorcycle helmet for years before hanging up street riding. They now have updated models and wireless options that I'd bet are excellent.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I'm deaf, so nice headphones for music are wasted on me. I could recommend awesome living room/TV headphones.

Also, you can't beat Shure for earbuds. Not sure if they still are, but they used to be the go-to for in-ear monitors for concert performers. I used a set of E2Cs to listen to tunes in my motorcycle helmet for years before hanging up street riding. They now have updated models and wireless options that I'd bet are excellent.

I sadly most earbuds I can’t use as I have freakishly small ears. They are usually uncomfortable or pop out right away.
    Standard Supporter
    No one ever tried to repair them?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter

What's the problem with your existing?
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Bose isn't the easiest factory to deal with, but I'd reach out to them and tell them what your issue is, and ask them to quote you on repairing them or replacing them. In many cases, they'll offer you a discounted cost on a replacement pair rather than repairing your existing pair. It's usually significantly less than market price.

Both Bose and Sennheiser both make excellent headphones and offer decent factory support. Bose just thinks way more of themselves than the other headset/headphone companies I've dealt with over the years.
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,982
    Do you want wireless or wired? If you're *truly* going for audiophile sound then it's wired all the way.

Don’t get Beats. I know that much. They fucking suck.

So was it marketing? That's the one I've heard of and didn't Dre make a billion dollars off them

I don't do headphones. A phobia of being snuck up on

White man's been sneakin' up on me for years.
    Standard Supporter

What's the problem with your existing?
    They need new foam cups, which I feel fine DYI’ing, but now the rubber is coming off.

Standard Supporter
    dflea said:

Bose isn't the easiest factory to deal with, but I'd reach out to them and tell them what your issue is, and ask them to quote you on repairing them or replacing them. In many cases, they'll offer you a discounted cost on a replacement pair rather than repairing your existing pair. It's usually significantly less than market price.

Both Bose and Sennheiser both make excellent headphones and offer decent factory support. Bose just thinks way more of themselves than the other headset/headphone companies I've dealt with over the years.

I’ll give it a shot. Can’t hurt to get a quote, right?

Oddly enough I bought them at Nordstrom’s....🤔 maybe I should test their return policy.
    Standard Supporter
    biak1 said:

Do you want wireless or wired? If you're *truly* going for audiophile sound then it's wired all the way.

My ears aren’t that sophisticated, and I like the convenience of Bluetooth.

dflea said:

I’ll give it a shot. Can’t hurt to get a quote, right?

Oddly enough I bought them at Nordstrom’s....🤔 maybe I should test their return policy.
    It can't hurt. Bose stuff costs real money, and you should get some product support for that. Most people won't take the time to pester Bose or Nordstrom for product support, but if you do take the time, you might get some results.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/sennheiser-he-1

For $60K they come and set them up at your house.

For $60k they better come with 2 hookers and a ton of blow.

And I better orgasm every time I put them on.
    Pics? Video better.