Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The move lower that we will see is not a correction

2»

Comments

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited April 2021

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

@DawgsCanDance , as I read your prediction, a reval of US equities to rationally reflect corp. earnings means you think markets will start reflecting reality and the era of market and economy decoupling is/will be behind us.

Probably in everybody's best long-term interest for that to happen.

What do you think will be the catalyst? A critical mass of investors sidelining like @Baseman described in his post? Something else?

How do you think the expected economic euphoria post COVID (I assume we all agree this will end eventually) will affect markets?

The stock market is a voting machine, a current snapshot of values. I hope the market takes a shit so I can buy more.

Google, Amazon, and Dominos pizza are close to undervalued now if you take a long term view.

Facebook on fundamentals and projected growth is a buy. Potential regulation, however, gives me pause.
    I'm sorry. I'm a cretin when it comes to this stuff, but WTF is so special about Domino's and their crappy pizza? I would think the posters here would be high on the Little Caesar's stock.

Dominos out performed Amazon over the past decade by a wide margin.

10,000 in Dominos 10 years ago is worth $245,000 today with an effective current yield of 23% on your original investment.

In comparison, 10,000 in Amazon is worth $172,000 and pays no dividend.

Dominos forecasts yearly sales increases between 8-10% a year over the next three years and they've reached an inflection point where most of the additional revenue falls to the bottom line.

Historically they've blown away earnings estimates. Management executes.

Unlike Starbucks, Dominos franchises their stores. This burden of startup costs falls on the franchisee but don't weep for them because the average payback on startup costs is less than 2 years and the owner can expect over 50% a year return on cash.

The pizza is meh but it's affordable and their technology and loyalty program generate return business. Their wings are damn good and rival buffalo wild wings and cost less.

In any event, I like the company and they're shareholder friendly. They use free cash flow to back stock and increase their dividends, 20% on average the past few years.

$14 billion market cap and still plenty of growth opportunity for new stores.

That's my thesis for going long, anyway. And yeah, it hits the spot when inebriated
    This would have been my only hesitation ... I would have expected market saturation by this point. Where is there not a Dominos?
    From their 2020 annual report:

In the U.S., we marked our 39th consecutive quarter of positive same store sales and our 27th consecutive year of positive international same store sales. Despite having nearly 2,400 stores closed at the initial peak of the pandemic, our resilient franchisees persevered and once again achieved strong double-digit global retail sales growth.
    Store growth was more challenging than ever, but the result was that we and our global franchise partners opened a net 624 new stores in 2020. Per store EBITDA reached record levels in the U.S. and many franchisees are eager to continue building new stores.
    https://ir.dominos.com/static-files/84c84f32-0616-4d63-a1e4-2539a7df5fd5

YOY Cash Flow from Operations

Outstanding Shares YOY

This is the kind of high quality analysis my Patreon guys receive. @creepycoug

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited April 2021
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

@DawgsCanDance , as I read your prediction, a reval of US equities to rationally reflect corp. earnings means you think markets will start reflecting reality and the era of market and economy decoupling is/will be behind us.

Probably in everybody's best long-term interest for that to happen.

What do you think will be the catalyst? A critical mass of investors sidelining like @Baseman described in his post? Something else?

How do you think the expected economic euphoria post COVID (I assume we all agree this will end eventually) will affect markets?

The stock market is a voting machine, a current snapshot of values. I hope the market takes a shit so I can buy more.

Google, Amazon, and Dominos pizza are close to undervalued now if you take a long term view.

Facebook on fundamentals and projected growth is a buy. Potential regulation, however, gives me pause.
    I'm sorry. I'm a cretin when it comes to this stuff, but WTF is so special about Domino's and their crappy pizza? I would think the posters here would be high on the Little Caesar's stock.

Dominos out performed Amazon over the past decade by a wide margin.

10,000 in Dominos 10 years ago is worth $245,000 today with an effective current yield of 23% on your original investment.

In comparison, 10,000 in Amazon is worth $172,000 and pays no dividend.

Dominos forecasts yearly sales increases between 8-10% a year over the next three years and they've reached an inflection point where most of the additional revenue falls to the bottom line.

Historically they've blown away earnings estimates. Management executes.

Unlike Starbucks, Dominos franchises their stores. This burden of startup costs falls on the franchisee but don't weep for them because the average payback on startup costs is less than 2 years and the owner can expect over 50% a year return on cash.

The pizza is meh but it's affordable and their technology and loyalty program generate return business. Their wings are damn good and rival buffalo wild wings and cost less.

In any event, I like the company and they're shareholder friendly. They use free cash flow to back stock and increase their dividends, 20% on average the past few years.

$14 billion market cap and still plenty of growth opportunity for new stores.

That's my thesis for going long, anyway. And yeah, it hits the spot when inebriated
    This would have been my only hesitation ... I would have expected market saturation by this point. Where is there not a Dominos?
    From their 2020 annual report:

In the U.S., we marked our 39th consecutive quarter of positive same store sales and our 27th consecutive year of positive international same store sales. Despite having nearly 2,400 stores closed at the initial peak of the pandemic, our resilient franchisees persevered and once again achieved strong double-digit global retail sales growth.
    Store growth was more challenging than ever, but the result was that we and our global franchise partners opened a net 624 new stores in 2020. Per store EBITDA reached record levels in the U.S. and many franchisees are eager to continue building new stores.
    https://ir.dominos.com/static-files/84c84f32-0616-4d63-a1e4-2539a7df5fd5

YOY Cash Flow from Operations

Outstanding Shares YOY

This is the kind of high quality analysis my Patreon guys receive available in the Finance Club that you can't get in the Tug. @creepycoug @RaceBannon

A slight tweak for your consideration as the board's Founder.