Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We need more Physicality

Comments

• SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    It took you until last season's UCLA game to realize we weren't a physical team? Go watch the LSU game again and try not to laugh or cry.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    just chill out guys... wait til IVAN gets done with them this off season!!!!!
  • It took you until last season's UCLA game to realize we weren't a physical team? Go watch the LSU game, Stanford 2009, Stanford 2010, Stanford 2011, Oregon State 2009, Nebraska 2010, USC 2011, any Oregon game again and try not to laugh or cry.

Obvious fixes and I know I'm omitting some but those were the ones that stood out to me where UW was obviously punched in the mouth over and over again.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    Overall Sark opted for the smaller, quicker D sans Shelton that could tackle in the open field better (although we suck at that in a lot of games anyways) instead of more beef and relying on your db's to play solid man. Or he just couldn't get the beef recruiting-wise. Either way, we were designed to stop teams like Oregon and we still couldn't beat teams like Oregon.
  • GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    Beat my chest and needs more time - I could not agree more. The list of players lost due to playing too early is like a coulda/woulda who's who list. I think back also to Willingham where guys like Gunheim etc also lost their first year and suffered later or just started to. Loss on when they had to leave. We would have incredible depth and experience now if Sark had foresight to invest in them. Instead he wanted to sell the idea of instant playing time. I know it is popular with the highest ranked recruits, but is not necessary for most.
    I really hope Coach Pete will change that! and invest in the future.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Need a coach who recruits more OL/DL than receivers..... Oh wait
  • Need a coach who recruits more OL/DL than receivers..... Oh wait

We need a coach who gives out media access. No I don't have an agenda and anyone saying I do is twisting my words around. They'll be gone next time, no warning just done!
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 708
    I've always been intrigued by the meme that smaller quick players are the design for beating Oregon's offense. Guess people failed to see the Stanford, USC, LSU, Arizona and Auburn victories. In almost all of these cases these teams sold out with 8 in the box to stuff Oregon's run. Despite Oregon's success in recruiting they still haven't been able to develop a WR corps that can win a game for them when the running game is extinguished.

Big fast guys that maintain their proper gaps are pretty much the antidote to any prolific offense (See Super Bowl 48 for reference)

I think it's more likely that Sark couldn't recruit the size he needed.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited February 2014
    Pussy football, Is not Washington or Michigan (hi Rich) line em up, beat the shit out of them and recruit mean SOB, OKG's and fuck having 25 receivers on Scolly's . Can't wait to see what Pete can do with toughness and discipline at Montlake.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493

Would have loved to have had Kevin Smith for another year at WR as well. So many to name that Sark burned. Perhaps Porter and maybe even Kohler could still be playing if Sark had redshirted them.

Disagree there, Kohler was softer than Charmin. If we would have had a real coach he would have probably suddenly seniored somewhere. Luckily Sark is a lazy coach and probably gave Kohler royalty treatment since he was one of his first big lineman recruits.
  • SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    edited February 2014

It took you until last season's UCLA game to realize we weren't a physical team? Go watch the LSU game, Stanford 2009, Stanford 2010, Stanford 2011, Oregon State 2009, Nebraska 2010, USC 2011, any Oregon game again and try not to laugh or cry.

Obvious fixes and I know I'm omitting some but those were the ones that stood out to me where UW was obviously punched in the mouth over and over again.
    Yeah, I only pointed out LSU because of how ridiculous that was. The LSU players were just screwing around in the 2nd half and basically laughing at us and Sark couldn't do a damn thing about it. If it wasn't realized before, that game should have convinced doogs that Sark was in way over his head.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

It took you until last season's UCLA game to realize we weren't a physical team? Go watch the LSU game, Stanford 2009, Stanford 2010, Stanford 2011, Oregon State 2009, Nebraska 2010, USC 2011, any Oregon game again and try not to laugh or cry.

Yeah, I only pointed out LSU because of how ridiculous that was. The LSU players were just screwing around in the 2nd half and basically laughing at us and Sark couldn't do a damn thing about it. If it wasn't realized before, that game should have convinced doogs that Sark was in way over his head.
    Pretty sure they were laughing at us in the first quarter. It was unlike anything I'd ever seen.

• jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Ivan wasn't quite edgy enough in the weight room. Focused on his supplements empire.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    jecornel said:

Ivan wasn't quite edgy enough in the weight room. Focused on his supplements empire.

People who pay out the ass for a ton of different farce supplements to try and get big at the gym need to DIAFF.
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 708
    <----- hides his Creatine, BCAA, SuperMegaExplodeRip pills in shame.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

That game was the nail in te coffin for me. 4th year coach that was utterly helpless. It was one of, if not the easiest win of the season for a 3 loss LSU team. Kim and Fetters were acting like LSU were the 2001 Miami Hurricanes after the game.

• Dawgfan406Dawgfan406 Member Posts: 192
    dnc said:

Pretty sure they were laughing at us in the first quarter. It was unlike anything I'd ever seen.

Sark had numerous beatdowns but this one might have been the worst. Dawgs looked like a NAIA team out there vs. LSU.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,524 Founders Club
    The LSU game was the one that really turned me against Sark. If you can't compete against a 10-3 team in year four, you're not the answer.
  • "House Money" then closing the year out losing four out of five including losing to a 2 win Oregon State team when he fucked up the whole QB situation that game was the final nail in the coffin for me on Sark.

I didn't like the hire but tried to be open minded but the blowouts in 2010 had me concerned.

Still, year three going 6-2 instead of saying this is the stretch drive to push for Pasadena he is saying "House Money" aka our goal was just to win six fucking games and play in some shit tier bowl game. Then that offseason he lost out on every big in state recruit.

Then game two of 2012 he is destroyed by LSU, how people were still defending him after a three game losing streak in year five I still can't fathom that.