Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We need more Physicality

13»

Comments

• LevelParLevelPar Member Posts: 447

I love the athleticism of our team on both Offense and Defense but one thing i'm missing is a display of physicality. I was watching the lowlights of the 2013 Myles Jack bowl and it was obvious that we weren't ready or willing to be physical. Jack's first TD was defensed well. Timu meets him square up and Jack pushes him 5 yards into the Endzone. There were a bunch of other plays were our LB were either in the Endzone or too far back to make a play. Granted our LB corp is on the small side. Feeney is playing the position with a Safety's body. Shaq Thompson is fairly light at 220lbs or so and Timu is 235lb. Smaller than many Fullbacks.

The same story is played out on the DL. Hudson at 275, Shelton a legit 317lbs, Kickaha at 260 and Littleton/Shirley at 230lbs. Standard physics at play here, we need more size overall. I think had we found success with Potoae, Finau and Tupou we'd be larger across the DL.

Watching the Rose Bowl was breathtaking to me. I was rooting for Stanford but man ole man did I love the physicality of Narduzzi's Defense. Shaw did what he always does when he wants to show force. He trots out a couple of extra OL and then rams the TB down your throat. Michigan State stacked them up twice and this was without one of their best players in Max Bullough.

I'm hoping Coach K brings discipline, tenacity and physicality to the UW defense. I was more than happy to hear that McGary wants to try defense. This unit needs more size if we are to survive the season and challenge for Championships. Spring Ball in two weeks it's time to start seeing who wants to hit the field and play to win.

Getting tired of the Miles Jack-Off references. Add your name to the list of "Ball Garglers"
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    I'm playing the worlds smallest violin for you.

Malloe is a Dawg he bled on the field in Husky Stadium and you fucking manlet are gonna shit on for some stiff from Idaho. FoH.

Here is me not giving two fcks what you thing is smart or dumb.
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 708
    Swaye...your boyfriend must have gone balls deep last night. Everything is going to be alright you'll heal man.He still loves you #BottomLivesMatter
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Swaye...your boyfriend must have gone balls deep last night. Everything is going to be alright you'll heal man.He still loves you #BottomLivesMatter

huh?
    dnc said:

huh?
    What are you swayes other boyriend? I wasn't talking to you.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,710 Founders Club

dnc said:

huh?
    What do you mean "other"? Obviously, you don't know much about @Swaye & @dnc's <3 .
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

huh?
    Hurtful
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    @DawgDaze71 is still here without an avatar? Fuck that guy
    AZDuck said:

@DawgDaze71 is still here without an avatar? Fuck that guy

Dude you're right. No avatar stuff is for trolls. Developing....

And no please. No DD71 fucking will commence in this arena though for some of y'all LGBTQ I say #BottomLivesMatter