Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gee Scott-TE

Comments

• Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,101
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Fact is we would love Gee Sr. if he were on our side. But he’s not...so fuck him forever.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Fact is we would love Gee Sr. if he were on our side. But he’s not...so fuck him forever.

Exactly. Everyone is just bitter.

And as a result looking for reasons Gee will fail. The article linked here actually talks about Gee wanting to move to TE not the team making him. Maybe true maybe not. So maybe lets see how it plays out for one season first.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Gee will never do anything at Ohio State. He was an overrated recruit that was in bed with Huffman and got the friendship bump.

I would have taken him at UW, but there was nothing exciting about Jr and he has no shot at being a good TE. If he gains 30 pounds he will run a 5.0+.

I think that's an oversimplification. He was like 57 in the nation on Rivals. Ohio State recruited him pretty hard. I agree he was overrated but he was still a pretty good recruit.

FSP was probably more of a detriment in his case as he had advanced training and maxed out his body young. His value was that his body was ready day one, classic high floor, low ceiling kid. Ohio State was the worst possible choice for him. He could have started four years at most places.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    Swaye's Wigwam

A kid leaves here for somewhere like tOSU or Clemson the competition just gets more every year.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Gee will never do anything at Ohio State. He was an overrated recruit that was in bed with Huffman and got the friendship bump.

I would have taken him at UW, but there was nothing exciting about Jr and he has no shot at being a good TE. If he gains 30 pounds he will run a 5.0+.

I think that's an oversimplification. He was like 57 in the nation on Rivals. Ohio State recruited him pretty hard. I agree he was overrated but he was still a pretty good recruit.

FSP was probably more of a detriment in his case as he had advanced training and maxed out his body young. His value was that his body was ready day one, classic high floor, low ceiling kid. Ohio State was the worst possible choice for him. He could have started four years at most places.
    He would be a boring, middling WR anywhere he goes. He’s not terrible, but he’s not good either.

It has nothing to do with it, but Julien Simon will be awful in college too. Sometimes it’s pretty obvious to me.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    I could, but I don't want to. Let's keep it here.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dnc said:

Everyone wants Gee to fail so badly it’s kinda sad.

I feel bad for Jr, his Dad's using him to try and prove a point.
    Not me.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,901
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    Swaye's Wigwam

A kid leaves here for somewhere like tOSU or Clemson the competition just gets more every year.
    Harrison senior has to be excited to see his kid shoot up the depth chart.
    It can be murder to get on the field there