Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Osbourne's dad/Dawgman debate

godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club
Austin's dad has had a little running feud with Kimmy about his son and what is going on in the program. I never found anything he said disrespectful, untrue, etc but Kim basically said he was a helicopter dad, didn't know what he was talking about, and they had dealt with several other kids parents just like him.

Of course the doogman minions sided with the site and shouted him down.

Austin's dad told everyone that his son and Spiker would be transferring back in January. When he confirmed that it was happening April 1st, Kim went radio silent as I suspect he knew it was happening as well, as then all of Friday as well when the news broke. Nothing about how dad was right, 5 of 9 returning wr's from last year have tranferred out, etc. Everything is just fine, nothing to see here, happens all the time at other schools, blah blah blah.

So yesterday Hugh is on with Softy and he more or less confirms what Austin's dad was saying with how the coaching staff went from only playing the senior upperclassmen in 2019 until they were FORCED to play Bynum and Puka at Arizona who became and would have had Puka not gotten hurt our two best options that year, to last year in the 2nd/3rd practice of the year jumping Rome/Jalen over them. He understood that with Spiker who might have had commitment (along with injury) issues, but was completely baffled why that happened to Austin.

I am biased and Love Millen so talking my book, but to think he doesn't have information about the program is foolish, and why Hugh is a computer about everything else in terms of emotion, when it comes to Husky Football, the longer he talks, the more emotional he gets, and once that happens his internal truth syrum comes out which I love and appreciate about him.

It took an act of god for Kim to finally admit Hopkins was the person who put the men's bb roster together that is leaving in mass, and isn't in the same universe talent wise versus most teams in the Pac-12 then followed it up with a condescending, snoty comment "there are you happy"

Austin's dad, you'll be waiting until hell freezes over to get the same from him.

Good luck to your son in the future.

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,603 Swaye's Wigwam
    Osbourne was better off committing to a Pac 12 South school. It is what it is.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,699 Standard Supporter
    Cliff Notes: Kim is a fag and knows jack shit.

• KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,055
    I don't agree about how Osborne's dad went about it over on doogman but it was obvious he was right. Watching Fuller and more importantly Baccellia out there was fucking embarrassing. I find it funny that people on here say that Osborne wasn't good enough and all that BS. Baccellia had 1 receiving TD in Pac-12 play in 4 years. I would be livid as a parent too. I can't speak for Spiker because of injuries but Osborne clearly didn't get a fair shake. Good luck to both those guys.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,294 Swaye's Wigwam
    Pops seemed like a cool guy and we loved him here way back when.

Good luck to Austin and Spiker wherever they end up. I think we’ll be fine but we sure could’ve used them in the shit year of 2019.

I don't agree about how Osborne's dad went about it over on doogman but it was obvious he was right. Watching Fuller and more importantly Baccellia out there was fucking embarrassing. I find it funny that people on here say that Osborne wasn't good enough and all that BS. Baccellia had 1 receiving TD in Pac-12 play in 4 years. I would be livid as a parent too. I can't speak for Spiker because of injuries but Osborne clearly didn't get a fair shake. Good luck to both those guys.

Except that was 2019 where it was clear Pete fucked up, but they're transferring after 2020, where there was a clear change in philosophy and movement toward more physical receivers.

When Osbourne came in, in garbage time, he was a possession receiver.

We use Bynum for that role when everyone is healthy. So his dad thinks his son is better than Bynum? I disagree.
  • KimsCopperPennyKimsCopperPenny Member Posts: 221
    Kim is a used car salesman. He’s smarmy.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,723
    Never saw Spiker do anything and his HS film was very good but not truly elite. Same with Osborne. Although Osborne had more upside because of his size and possession guy capabilities. Always thought they were overhyped as 4 stars.

The higher you go in football the more it matters to be very good at at least 1 or 2 things. Bynum can do sweeps and he always catches the ball. Ergo he plays.

Never saw Spiker do anything and his HS film was very good but not truly elite. Same with Osborne. Although Osborne had more upside because of his size and possession guy capabilities. Always thought they were overhyped as 4 stars.

The higher you go in football the more it matters to be very good at at least 1 or 2 things. Bynum can do sweeps and he always catches the ball. Ergo he plays.

Say it louder for the fucking doogs in the back.
    edited April 2021
    chuck said:

haie said:

I'll say it loud for the people who don't get it. It's not about those guys vs Bynum. It's about those guys not getting a look when all we saw were Fuller and Baccelia.
    Why did Bynum get a look? Why was he featured last half of 2019?

I'm not defending Fuller. I'm not even defending Bachellia, but at least he was highly productive in getting us to a Rose Bowl. Watch the last 2018 games. Ok I'm defending Bachellia but it's not his fault he was slotted as a #2 receiver. That wasn't his role when he was successful in 2018.

Again, Pete fucked up 2019. But last few games of that season we got the right guy, who was Bynum.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2021

If anyone knows Osbourne's dad, tell him to come post here. He can say anything he wants, except for calls for genocide

Full support.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,555 Swaye's Wigwam

If anyone knows Osbourne's dad, tell him to come post here. He can say anything he wants, except for calls for genocide

*poast.

Also, no doxxing.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,723
    chuck said:

haie said:

I'll say it loud for the people who don't get it. It's not about those guys vs Bynum. It's about those guys not getting a look when all we saw were Fuller and Baccelia.
    That was a Pete problem. Over complex shitty playbook combined with devotion to seniority. That doomed Spiker and Osborne as long as Fuller and Baccellia were around.

Fast forward to year 1 of Jimmy. Puka, Jalen, and Rome are all better than Spiker and Osborne. Plus Junior never recruited them, so they don't play.

Two seasons, two different reasons those guys didn't play. Also, maybe the coaches were pissed about Austin's dad on Dman. He's been bitching for a while.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

haie said:

That was a Pete problem. Over complex shitty playbook combined with devotion to seniority. That doomed Spiker and Osborne as long as Fuller and Baccellia were around.

Fast forward to year 1 of Jimmy. Puka, Jalen, and Rome are all better than Spiker and Osborne. Plus Junior never recruited them, so they don't play.

Two seasons, two different reasons those guys didn't play. Also, maybe the coaches were pissed about Austin's dad on Dman. He's been bitching for a while.
    Yeah I get all that. I think there was more to them being buried in 2018-2019 than ability. Smart move for their careers would have been to leave sooner with no hard feelings rather than lingering and airing things out on the internet.