Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Osbourne's dad/Dawgman debate

2»

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I dont know what the fuck to make of all this. I thought I'd seen enough of both guys to be sure they were a step up from the midget crew.

It has to be brutal for a parent in his situation. His kid's dream seems completely realistic and well within reach,as a big kid who looks every bit the part of a future NFL receiver, but seems to be eluding him for reasons that are hard to grasp. He still should have stayed out of it, at least in public, but fuck man. That's his son and the stakes are high.

Going on doogman and venting does nothing for anyone. It was lame. He is a helicopter dad.
    Full agree. I'm not familiar with the term helicopter dad.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Fuller was exceedingly disappointing in 2019, made far worse by Pete's refusal to bench him. We're talking lots of drops, horrible blocking (putting it mildly), routinely giving up on plays when he wasn't pre-snap primary WR, ultra low effort, laughing as the 4Q winded down in losses to garbage teams etc. He never got yanked. Broken Pete culture. Good riddance. That shit would have driven me bonkers as a parent of a WR.

Who cares if Fuller got open in 2016 running 5 yard slant routes against a D terrified of MMFG, Ross and Pettis? We had no depth.
  • HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,034
    edited April 2021
    Bottom line Spiker and Osborne got passed on the depth chart.

If they wanted a shot at more playing time in 2021, they should have been better.

Other than that, I don't give two shits about a feud between a player's dad and Kim, and if I cared about what Kim thought I'd go to Dawgman but haven't been there in over 10 years.

• lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555

If they wanted a shot at more playing time in 2021, they should have been better.

Other than that, I don't give two shits about a feud between a player's dad and Kim, and if I cared about what Kim thought I'd go to Dawgman but haven't been there in over 10 years.

In a vacuum, I would agree with you. After 3 scholarship WRs leaving before this, you have to be able to retain them.
    lawsandl said:

In a vacuum, I would agree with you. After 3 scholarship WRs leaving before this, you have to be able to retain them.
    Why?

Jones was a pussy that didn't fight DBs for the ball. Chin sucked. Puka wanted to play with his brother at BYU.

That last two guys were both passed on the depth chart by younger and better guys.

Why do we need to retain them? Let them go play at Fresno State or SDSU or Wyoming rather than riding the pine here.

Our best WR last season was a TE.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam
    Can't we all just agree on a few things here?
    • Coaches suck for not switching out bad receivers
    • Bad receivers suck for getting passed on depth chart and portaling out
    • Parents suck when they go to message boards to bitch
    • Kim sucks because Kim
    • Coaches suck again because they should've been able to prevent all this from happening but didn't
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744

chuck said:

I dont know what the fuck to make of all this. I thought I'd seen enough of both guys to be sure they were a step up from the midget crew.

It has to be brutal for a parent in his situation. His kid's dream seems completely realistic and well within reach,as a big kid who looks every bit the part of a future NFL receiver, but seems to be eluding him for reasons that are hard to grasp. He still should have stayed out of it, at least in public, but fuck man. That's his son and the stakes are high.

Going on doogman and venting does nothing for anyone. It was lame. He is a helicopter dad.
    Yes, exactly. There are no winning sides here everyone involved is a huge loser.

Most kids wash out. Its a numbers game. Move on and get a shot somewhere else.
    edited April 2021
    Oh and as to Millen, he is probably still mad at UW because our coaches realized his kid wasn't P5 QB material before anybody else did... so I take all of his thoughts about UW coaches with a big grain of salt.

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,131

Oh and as to Millen, he is probably still mad at UW because our coaches realized his kid wasn't P5 QB material before anybody else did... so I take all of his thoughts about UW coaches with a big grain of salt.

Millen has an incredibly sandy vagina about UW not offering his kids
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,723

Can't we all just agree on a few things here?

• Coaches suck for not switching out bad receivers
    • Bad receivers suck for getting passed on depth chart and portaling out
    • Parents suck when they go to message boards to bitch
    • Kim sucks because Kim
    • Coaches suck again because they should've been able to prevent all this from happening but didn't
    Classic UW fail for every individual involved. Superior culture?
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

I had the opportunity in Vegas to sit and watch some of the game against Boise with Papa Osborne ...

For those saying that he was just over the top as a helicopter dad I'll just say that's far from the impression I got from him in my interaction.

Simply put, Austin was in a position where he basically got caught up in a shitty situation between the seniority BS and then not being really Junior's guys. It sucks but it's also life.

In the end, he got his degree and has the opportunity to prove it on the field somewhere else. With all of the kids that are leaving programs at the slightest sign of adversity, I'll give Austin crap for doing work to try to get himself on the field (see Molden's comments about him heading into the season) and off the field by getting his degree.

Could Papa Osborne have kept some of that stuff a little more close to the vest? Probably so. But what did he really do? He effectively validated and verified a lot of the opinions that many here had regarding something about the culture internally smelling.

Seems like a mistake to wait so long to transfer, but maybe not. I cant actually remember but he must still have two years? That could be enough.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    edited April 2021
    chuck said:

Tequilla said:

I had the opportunity in Vegas to sit and watch some of the game against Boise with Papa Osborne ...

For those saying that he was just over the top as a helicopter dad I'll just say that's far from the impression I got from him in my interaction.

Simply put, Austin was in a position where he basically got caught up in a shitty situation between the seniority BS and then not being really Junior's guys. It sucks but it's also life.

In the end, he got his degree and has the opportunity to prove it on the field somewhere else. With all of the kids that are leaving programs at the slightest sign of adversity, I'll give Austin crap for doing work to try to get himself on the field (see Molden's comments about him heading into the season) and off the field by getting his degree.

Could Papa Osborne have kept some of that stuff a little more close to the vest? Probably so. But what did he really do? He effectively validated and verified a lot of the opinions that many here had regarding something about the culture internally smelling.

Seems like a mistake to wait so long to transfer, but maybe not. I cant actually remember but he must still have two years? That could be enough.
    Because of COVID he has 3
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,671 Standard Supporter
    all this could have been avoided if the coaches had given all the WRs equal playing time. same with the QBs, well hell all the players. Just like they do in pee wee football.

Participation letters, lower case w's for all. Rotate the parents bringing post game snacks?
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,588 Founders Club

If anyone knows Osbourne's dad, tell him to come post here. He can say anything he wants, except for calls for genocide

You can only call for genocide with a subscription to the Wam
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    @jamesosborne1959 was a cool dude. I always liked his insight. There’s absolutely no way these two shouldn’t have played when the mighty midgets ran the WR room.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    Tequilla said:

Its almost like somebody can be likable in one setting and a total douche in another setting.

I wouldn't even be THAT surprised if you were somehow fun to watch a basketball game with.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

Its almost like somebody can be likable in one setting and a total douche in another setting.

I wouldn't even be THAT surprised if you were somehow fun to watch a basketball game with.
    It’s probably a fair statement

I know at least for myself personally I try really hard not to not form opinions on people in this type of setting