Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Who was the biggest loss at Wide Reciever this offseason?

2»

Comments

• TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    About six combined career receptions in the whole group.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

haie said:

Jones: soft Pete guy and shouldn't have been getting the targets he was getting.
    Chin: he could beat Oregon's overrated db's. That's good I guess.
    Spiker: couldn't put on enough weight/not strong enough at this level.
    Osborne: this is why people shouldn't listen to the TSIO recruit splurge every year.

Chin did catch the deep post for a TD against the Ducks in 19...

Spiker and Osborne might suck but I question why they never got a chance when the coaches kept rolling out Fuller and Baciella. Some coaches on staff don't disagree.

The whole practice equals field production is bullshit. If true, I might have made all-conference.

It’s pretty simple that your best players will always be your best player, in practices and games.

Spiker was a somewhat easy call as a bust. Air raid offense, great high school QB. He’s rail thin and slow. I’m glad he’s gone after seeing him wave a towel. He’s soft.

Osborne sucks too. Bynum and Puka deserved increased reps instead of Fuller and Baccallia. Not these two bums.
    It's not, as this coaching staff has demonstrated.
    Nobody goes 3-4 years without showing their skills in practice.

If Osborne and Spiker were winning their 1 on 1’s and making plays, they would have gotten in. The lack of playbook knowledge doesn’t fly after the first two years.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

haie said:

Jones: soft Pete guy and shouldn't have been getting the targets he was getting.
    Osborne: this is why people shouldn't listen to the TSIO recruit splurge every year.

Spiker and Osborne might suck but I question why they never got a chance when the coaches kept rolling out Fuller and Baciella. Some coaches on staff don't disagree.

The whole practice equals field production is bullshit. If true, I might have made all-conference.

It’s pretty simple that your best players will always be your best player, in practices and games.

Spiker was a somewhat easy call as a bust. Air raid offense, great high school QB. He’s rail thin and slow. I’m glad he’s gone after seeing him wave a towel. He’s soft.

Osborne sucks too. Bynum and Puka deserved increased reps instead of Fuller and Baccallia. Not these two bums.

If Osborne and Spiker were winning their 1 on 1’s and making plays, they would have gotten in. The lack of playbook knowledge doesn’t fly after the first two years.
    Agreed. The issue I have is this coaching staff hasn't put the best players on the field so, yeah, it gives me pause. Are the coaches making the right decision?

Stay with the premise Osborne and Spiker suck; excluding Dante Pettis, the Pete/Jimmy regime has massively failed in both WR recruiting and development.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,161
    Other (write in)
    James Osborne 1959 or whatever his name was.

kiddin
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,603 Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

haie said:

Agreed. The issue I have is this coaching staff hasn't put the best players on the field so, yeah, it gives me pause. Are the coaches making the right decision?

Stay with the premise Osborne and Spiker suck; excluding Dante Pettis, the Pete/Jimmy regime has massively failed in both WR recruiting and development.
    WR coaching has had the most turnover during this regime so yeah, it's safe to say we might not know what we're doing at the position.

But Rome and Jalen are still here.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Other (write in)
    haie said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

haie said:

WR coaching has had the most turnover during this regime so yeah, it's safe to say we might not know what we're doing at the position.

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,603 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

haie said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

haie said:

I have this funny feeling that they're going to stick here amidst these 2017-18 receivers that are leaving with a legacy of being overpowered by Stanford and Cal corners.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,589 Founders Club
    I thought the chincredible shit might fade since he graduated or whatever. Sadly it hasn't.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

I thought the chincredible shit might fade since he graduated or whatever. Sadly it hasn't.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

haie said:

There have been times the best player wasn’t on the field. Ulo was the worst case of that. Baccallia playing over Bynum and Puka was the real issue. Not Spiker and Osborne.

Nobody that is good sat 3-4 years tho. They eventually play. True freshmen and Chin were playing above Osborne and even if he wasn’t hurt, they probably would have with Spiker too.

No arguments from me that our WR’s have sucked since Ross and Pettis. Even Pettis’ senior year was underwhelming.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,612 Swaye's Wigwam

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

haie said:

There have been times the best player wasn’t on the field. Ulo was the worst case of that. Baccallia playing over Bynum and Puka was the real issue. Not Spiker and Osborne.

Nobody that is good sat 3-4 years tho. They eventually play. True freshmen and Chin were playing above Osborne and even if he wasn’t hurt, they probably would have with Spiker too.

No arguments from me that our WR’s have sucked since Ross and Pettis. Even Pettis’ senior year was underwhelming.
    Some people perform the same as others in practice but way outperform them in games

If players are similarly skilled in practice the older players get the benefit of the doubt

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Jordan Chincredible
    Chin is a HH legend
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 4,015
    Jordan Chincredible
    We need to retire #82.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,034 Founders Club
    Jordan Chincredible
    Bread said:

We need to retire #82.

This is a chinspired idea.