Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Who was the biggest loss at Wide Reciever this offseason?

BreadBread Member Posts: 4,015

Who was the biggest loss at Wide Reciever this offseason? 21 votes

Jordan Chincredible
52%
CFetters_Nacho_Loveralumni94chuckGreenRiverGatorzBreadFireCohenBleachedAnusDawgDeepDawg1to392831weretakenPurpleSmokeBonedog 11 votes
Fatu Sua-Godinet
14%
dOgmasterWilliams3dannarc 3 votes
Other (write in)
33%
PurpleBazedncEwaDawgLebamDawghardhatYellowSnowJoey 7 votes

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,226
    Jordan Chincredible
    One of them found the endzone. Maybe someone else did, too, but I only remember Chin finding paydirt.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,671 Standard Supporter
    Other (write in)
    BYU
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,588 Founders Club
    Other (write in)

Always and forever
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,603 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2021
    Jones: soft Pete guy and shouldn't have been getting the targets he was getting.
    Chin: he could beat Oregon's overrated dbs. That's good I guess.
    Spiker: couldn't put on enough weight/not strong enough at this level.
    Osborne: this is why people shouldn't listen to the TSIO recruit splurge every year.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,491 Standard Supporter
    haie said:

Jones: soft Pete guy and shouldn't have been getting the targets he was getting.
    Chin: he could beat Oregon's overrated db's. That's good I guess.
    Osborne: this is why people shouldn't listen to the TSIO recruit splurge every year.

You've got a lot of @haie in you're life.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    edited April 2021
    haie said:

Chin did catch the deep post for a TD against the Ducks in 19...

Spiker and Osborne might suck but I question why they never got a chance when the coaches kept rolling out Fuller and Baciella. Some coaches on staff don't disagree.

The whole practice equals field production is bullshit. If true, I might have made all-conference.

Baseman said:

haie said:

Spiker and Osborne might suck but I question why they never got a chance when the coaches kept rolling out Fuller and Baciella. Some coaches on staff don't disagree.
    You're spot on about the Fuller and Baciella stuff. That's why I like the 2018 team the best, or at least the defense/secondary. Defense got dragged every single game because we rolled those receivers out and were just hoping Gaskin could keep people off the field just long enough.
  • hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    Other (write in)
    Bread said:

You tricked us, cause we don't have wide receivers.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,615 Swaye's Wigwam

Baseman said:

haie said:

The whole practice equals field production is bullshit. If true, I might have made all-conference.

It’s pretty simple that your best players will always be your best player, in practices and games.

Spiker was a somewhat easy call as a bust. Air raid offense, great high school QB. He’s rail think and slow. I’m glad he’s gone after seeing him wave a towel. He’s soft.

Osborne sucks too. Bynum and Puka deserved increased reps instead of Fuller and Baccallia. Not these two bums.
    This.

Only DDY dick suckers give a shit they are gone
    edited April 2021

Baseman said:

haie said:

It’s pretty simple that your best players will always be your best player, in practices and games.

Spiker was a somewhat easy call as a bust. Air raid offense, great high school QB. He’s rail think and slow. I’m glad he’s gone after seeing him wave a towel. He’s soft.

Osborne sucks too. Bynum and Puka deserved increased reps instead of Fuller and Baccallia. Not these two bums.
    This.

Only DDY dick suckers give a shit they are gone
    Why were they here in the first place? Considering the options in front for them, it's a damning indictment on the coaches for poor evaluation.

It's understandable DB's wash out at UW because the players in front of them play at a high level. Bob Gregory thought Kyler Manu sucked less than Eddie U. until he didn't.

When Fuller and Baciella are manhandled and drop balls, try something different. They sucked. Osborne and Spiker might suck.

Since Pete arrived, what WR has UW signed that approached anything more than a JAG. Dante Pettis?

edited April 2021

Baseman said:

haie said:

Spiker was a somewhat easy call as a bust. Air raid offense, great high school QB. He’s rail thin and slow. I’m glad he’s gone after seeing him wave a towel. He’s soft.

It's not, as this coaching staff has demonstrated.
  • dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 578
    Fatu Sua-Godinet
    I voted for Fatu as I am assuming he was a walk on.

What surprises me most about the WR group is how very few have developed, which is what uw fans rant about. Does that mean that the current staff can only develop some positions?

I have seen posts elsewhere that uw will just run the ball 40-50 times a game. Problem is one dimensional teams don't fare that well. So good luck with that.
    After all this receiver talk I just hope Bynum doesn't get hurt again. Him and Otton are our only proven guys atm