Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ben Roberts, 2022 4* DT, (East HS), UT (probably oreGONE)

Comments

• Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    doogville said:

TommySQC said:

mrdoog said:

Ektard with some news. He’s officially gone now.

There's been a lot of talk around the program of Rip being a good recruiter... that's about to be put to the test
    Rip has never recruited before, so I can't see how anyone could think he is a good recruiter, and Malloe is now running point on Ben's recruitment.
    not defending Rip at all but couldn't you say that about any young coach that gets hired like Chris Hawkins or Prentice Gill from ASU?

Obviously they were trying/cheating but you gotta start somewhere. The combination of Rip, Cato, JonDon and Greggers with the two deadweight coaches at DB make me sick
    I believe Gill was at Oregon before he went to ASU and Hawkins was at USC
    Gill was a GA at USC and Offensive assistant at Oregon. Hawkins was a GA at USC.

Just saying that coaches can move from GA to position coach and have success. I would not mind Rip and Cato as long as they were surrounded with a competent staff that can nurture them and pick up the slack. But no one can hold their weight. Even Huff lost out on Nabou this year plus Iuli and Agbo looking elsewhere putting a tremendous amount of pressure to land Connerly or bust.
    And both were just caught cheating in recruiting. Tosh and Donte Wiliams also had big recruiting successes because they cheated and both are mediocre coaches. So I wouldn't consider anyone of them successful.
    Can you be successful (CFP worthy) without cheating? I don't think you can and UW isn't willing to make that step. admirable but you'll be regulated to also ran status. It's not likely to get any better with the NCAA gutless enforcement.
    Unfortunately, I think you are right in that regard. It's hard to recruit at a high level without cheating.
    The thing is, with NIL, you don’t need to cheat anymore. Instead of picking out cute hats to wear at press conferences, Jimmy should be in the office of every CEO in WA who’s even remotely interested in UW football, recruiting them to set up sponsorship deals for recruits & players.

But he’s lazy and overconfident, so of course that isn’t happening. Like, has there been a single noteworthy NIL deal announced by UW yet? What the fuck? Get Steve Ballmer on the phone.
    This. It’s a chance for Seattle to actually be an advantage for the dwags for a change
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    doogville said:

TommySQC said:

mrdoog said:

There's been a lot of talk around the program of Rip being a good recruiter... that's about to be put to the test
    Rip has never recruited before, so I can't see how anyone could think he is a good recruiter, and Malloe is now running point on Ben's recruitment.
    not defending Rip at all but couldn't you say that about any young coach that gets hired like Chris Hawkins or Prentice Gill from ASU?

Obviously they were trying/cheating but you gotta start somewhere. The combination of Rip, Cato, JonDon and Greggers with the two deadweight coaches at DB make me sick
    Gill was a GA at USC and Offensive assistant at Oregon. Hawkins was a GA at USC.

Just saying that coaches can move from GA to position coach and have success. I would not mind Rip and Cato as long as they were surrounded with a competent staff that can nurture them and pick up the slack. But no one can hold their weight. Even Huff lost out on Nabou this year plus Iuli and Agbo looking elsewhere putting a tremendous amount of pressure to land Connerly or bust.
    And both were just caught cheating in recruiting. Tosh and Donte Wiliams also had big recruiting successes because they cheated and both are mediocre coaches. So I wouldn't consider anyone of them successful.
    Can you be successful (CFP worthy) without cheating? I don't think you can and UW isn't willing to make that step. admirable but you'll be regulated to also ran status. It's not likely to get any better with the NCAA gutless enforcement.
    Unfortunately, I think you are right in that regard. It's hard to recruit at a high level without cheating.
    The thing is, with NIL, you don’t need to cheat anymore. Instead of picking out cute hats to wear at press conferences, Jimmy should be in the office of every CEO in WA who’s even remotely interested in UW football, recruiting them to set up sponsorship deals for recruits & players.

But he’s lazy and overconfident, so of course that isn’t happening. Like, has there been a single noteworthy NIL deal announced by UW yet? What the fuck? Get Steve Ballmer on the phone.
    You think NIL means you don’t have to cheat?
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

doogville said:

TommySQC said:

mrdoog said:

Yes. The bag men can now just do sponsorship deals. Andy Jassy could literally give every husky a million dollars tomorrow.

Why would you need to “cheat”?
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If the athlete (or his handers) didn't want to pay taxes then it could go back to a under the table arrangement.
  • Options
    doogville said:

Tequilla said:

doogville said:

TommySQC said:

mrdoog said:

Yes. The bag men can now just do sponsorship deals. Andy Jassy could literally give every husky a million dollars tomorrow.

Super naive

If you don’t think Athletic Departments aren’t routing $$$ through shell companies to get $$$ one way or another in the hands players you’re naive

Also, look at the companies by and large … it’s big boosters auto dealership that’s giving handouts … that’s privately held companies … publicly traded companies ain’t giving shit unless it’s a net net positive
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,280
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

mrdoog said:

Spencer Gill was an offensive analyst at UO prior to going to ASU. He was at USC before Oregon.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,132
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

mrdoog said:

Let them start at the small school then. DL recruiting is the most competitive and most challenging out of all the positions because the supply is limited. So naturally, we hire an analyst who has never recruited or led a position group. His resume was being a grad assistant with Florida Atlantic for two years and being a defensive analyst for us for two years.
    its the entire staff minus huff and malloe..... ive given up on recruiting as long as Lake is head coach. Literally nothing about recruiting has any sign of life...

Hell Gracen Halten was just straight up talking trash during the Florence commitment. It just embarrassing now.
    Exactly why Oregon keeps cucking Jimmy. I haven’t seen recruiting this impotent since Willingham
    What a flaccid cuck beta
    trublue said:

mrdoog said:

Spencer Gill was an offensive analyst at UO prior to going to ASU. He was at USC before Oregon.
    Analyze deez.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    trublue said:

mrdoog said:

NOC
  • Options
    doogville said:

Tequilla said:

doogville said:

Tequilla said:

doogville said:

TommySQC said:

mrdoog said:

Super naive

If you don’t think Athletic Departments aren’t routing $$$ through shell companies to get $$$ one way or another in the hands players you’re naive

Also, look at the companies by and large … it’s big boosters auto dealership that’s giving handouts … that’s privately held companies … publicly traded companies ain’t giving shit unless it’s a net net positive
    You’re insufferable. No shit there are some hoops to jump through. But anyone sophisticated enough to have hundreds of thousands of dollars to waste on college athletes can figure out how to set up an LLC they then “promote” or route money through a company (the car dealership, etc) for a sponsorship deal, which is all now perfectly legal.

I don’t even know what point you are trying to make. This is like saying it makes more sense to keep selling weed illegally on the street corner rather than open a licensed store and rake in the money. The rules of the game have changed.

FUCK OFF with the insufferable BS

No shit the average booster can waste thousands of dollars with a dealership or whatever … that’s not what I’m talking about

What I’m talking about is schools with Athletic Departments that have more revenue flowing through them than they know what to do with are going to increasingly find ways to funnel that money to their players …

Now doing so directly would be illegal for the schools to do … so that’s where the shell companies, etc come into play where you move the $$$ around a few times to make sure that the paper trail isn’t easy enough yo follow where the money gets back to the players

But I’m sure I’m just making this shit up because hiding money and moving it around to avoid detection never happens …
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Sources said:

doogville said:

TommySQC said:

mrdoog said:

This. It’s a chance for Seattle to actually be an advantage for the dwags for a change
    If only someone had $500,000 that they were willing to spend on UW football...
    Fire Bob Gregory and I will wire that money. Already told Jen that.
    Fuck that start a go fund me, I want some of this action
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,996
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

Poulsbo RV?

O boy oberto maybe les schwab
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,132
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Atlas Van Lines
  • Options
    LB_33LB_33 Member Posts: 323
    edited August 2021
  • Options
    LB_33LB_33 Member Posts: 323

dannarc said:

Poulsbo RV?

O boy oberto maybe les schwab
    Ol' Les died and his family sold it to private equity. #TheRealAmericanDream