Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ben Roberts, 2022 4* DT, (East HS), UT (probably oreGONE)

Comments

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HireBRoy said:

Anyone know where we would be in the rankings if we kept mells, jones, tafiti, and morrison?

247 has the class calculator feature where you can do this
    https://247sports.com/college/washington/Season/2022-Football/Commits/Preview/

I don't think we would've offered Roberts if Mells didn't decommit. But if I add Jones, Tafiti, Morrison, and Nabou to the class the score increases to 195. That would put UW at 24th nationally and 2nd in the Pac 12.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    mrdoog said:

Ektard with some news. He’s officially gone now.

The question is do the coaches believe this shit they are feeding Scott or are they just covering their asses?

I kind of think they actually believe it.

EWIWBI

(he gone)
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    doogville said:

dnc said:

doogville said:

Jimmy sucks at recruiting (or managing a staff of recruiters), water is wet.

But also legit pull this kid’s offer. A true WDWHA with all this bullshit.

No.

We do want him.

Coaches need to nut up and get him signed.
    No one kid is bigger than the program. I’m all for the “whatever it takes” to get talented kids on the team. But you gotta draw the line somewhere.

If a commit is publicly rubbing our coaches’ face in it, and clearly enjoying taunting our fans or whatever you call what he’s doing, then adios.

You think nick saban would put up with this shit?

Unfortunately, because Jimmy can’t close anyone else, losing Roberts is a way bigger deal than it should be.
    For Ben Roberts?

No.

For the best DT Bama can get? Absofuckinglutely.

Roberts is the best DT UW can realistically get this cycle. This isn't even serious drama but you deal with serious drama if you need to to get the talent.

Welcome to big tim football.

(I mean for Saban. Not for us.)
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,179
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited August 2021
    This is reminiscent of Smalls. Nike doing us dirty. Maybe the heart (his entire high school) wins out like with Savell. Doesn’t look good. Whatevs.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,824
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

HireBRoy said:

Anyone know where we would be in the rankings if we kept mells, jones, tafiti, and morrison?

I don't think we would've offered Roberts if Mells didn't decommit. But if I add Jones, Tafiti, Morrison, and Nabou to the class the score increases to 195. That would put UW at 24th nationally and 2nd in the Pac 12.
    Landing those names and having a reasonable, edge of the Top 20 class if you can also close Conerly and at least one high 4 star (a guy like Kani) you maybe shouldn't seems so reasonable but now seems impossible. Hell, I think Willingham and staff could have pulled it off and Sark easily. This is getting out of control.
  • Options

HireBRoy said:

Landing those names and having a reasonable, edge of the Top 20 class if you can also close Conerly and at least one high 4 star (a guy like Kani) you maybe shouldn't seems so reasonable but now seems impossible. Hell, I think Willingham and staff could have pulled it off and Sark easily. This is getting out of control.
    Adding in Conerly and replacing TJ Hall with Jahlil Florence brings the class score up to 213 pts and 13th in the country. That's right within the range of CP's last few classes and none of the names are completely unrealistic for UW to pull. Too bad Jimmy and his staff suck ass at recruiting.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,429
    Swaye's Wigwam

HireBRoy said:

Adding in Conerly and replacing TJ Hall with Jahlil Florence brings the class score up to 213 pts and 13th in the country. That's right within the range of CP's last few classes and none of the names are completely unrealistic for UW to pull. Too bad Jimmy and his staff suck ass at recruiting.
    13th would suck

I expect better than what Petersen did
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,721
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LB_33 said:

Decided to use my decoding abilities to read what's really going on here:

Talked to people close to his recruitment and was told that the Husky coaches have been in contact and that there's nothing to worry about.

Talked to literally no one from his camp. Made this up to show off my imaginary access.

One thing that should help you guys realize how naive some of these kids can be, he didn't understand why Husky fans were so up in arms about him posing in an Oregon uniform or that he posted it on instagram. "He was just having fun" and "he doesn't understand the hate between the two schools"..."he doesn't get it".

Ben doesn't give a shit about any of this or you. His commitment is a verbal and will go to the highest bidder. Our beloved program doesn't pay players and does things the 'right way', so he's probably gone.

Take it for what it's worth. I have a feeling there will be some drama over the next five months of his recruitment, so it'll be worth watching.

My opinion means dog shit. We? suck at recruiting. This is how I earn a living, supposedly.

Oregon is definitely putting the pressure on him though. Washington spoke to him last night for a while and I was told "all is well".

Oregon calls and texts him all the time, and Jimmy is too busy to reach out, so Bob Gregory sent a telegram and said if you're still committed do not respond.

Wanted to give you guys what info I have...that's it for now...

I had to respond before the site went ballistic as it appears the coaching staff has carbon monoxide poisoning, so I made up some things and added some ellipses so you'll come back next month for another $12.95.

What's funny is that he thinks the way he hedges his bets, says yes, no and maybe to everything, and reaches no conclusion whatsoever actually escapes the readers' attention.

And it actually works. Technically gifted writing, I guess. Maybe I'm the dumb one for thinking differently.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,721
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LB_33 said:

chuck said:

LB_33 said:

Decided to use my decoding abilities to read what's really going on here:

Talked to people close to his recruitment and was told that the Husky coaches have been in contact and that there's nothing to worry about.

Talked to literally no one from his camp. Made this up to show off my imaginary access.

One thing that should help you guys realize how naive some of these kids can be, he didn't understand why Husky fans were so up in arms about him posing in an Oregon uniform or that he posted it on instagram. "He was just having fun" and "he doesn't understand the hate between the two schools"..."he doesn't get it".

Ben doesn't give a shit about any of this or you. His commitment is a verbal and will go to the highest bidder. Our beloved program doesn't pay players and does things the 'right way', so he's probably gone.

Take it for what it's worth. I have a feeling there will be some drama over the next five months of his recruitment, so it'll be worth watching.

My opinion means dog shit. We? suck at recruiting. This is how I earn a living, supposedly.

Oregon is definitely putting the pressure on him though. Washington spoke to him last night for a while and I was told "all is well".

Oregon calls and texts him all the time, and Jimmy is too busy to reach out, so Bob Gregory sent a telegram and said if you're still committed do not respond.

Wanted to give you guys what info I have...that's it for now...

I had to respond before the site went ballistic as it appears the coaching staff has carbon monoxide poisoning, so I made up some things and added some ellipses so you'll come back next month for another $12.95.

What's funny is that he thinks the way he hedges his bets, says yes, no and maybe to everything, and reaches no conclusion whatsoever actually escapes the readers' attention.

And it actually works. Technically gifted writing, I guess. Maybe I'm the dumb one for thinking differently.
    It's the chickenshit way to be an analyst. You never actually have an opinion, and then you can say you were right every time. "I warned you all that there will be drama" is what happens when he decommits, and "I told you there was nothing to worry about" when he signs. The dawgman morons never give you their gut feeling or actual intel on anything, rather they make up something that counts as content and allows the doogers to continue paying $12.95 and increasing page views. When the poasters ask critical questions, they're slapped before the discontent can take hold.

Here's what it should have said: "The optics on this look bad, very bad, and we're losing momentum. Jimmy and team should be all over him as he's a guy they can't afford to lose, especially to Oregon. With the way recruiting has gone the last two years, I'm not overly optimistic at the moment with Oregon putting the full court pressure on him. I hate to say that Roberts matters more than the other prospects that spurned UW, but this is where Jimmy needs to take a stand and show us why we all thought recruiting would be better compared to Pete. At this point, I'd put it 70/30 he decommits."
    In their defense way too much shit gets thrown at "writers" when their predictions don't come true. I've seen the doogs get really hostile toward them for guessing wrong. There is a contingent of people like that here too.

Still, that's what they offer and what people pay for. Stick your fat neck out ecktard. Everyone knows you have no inside information, so cough up an earnest read on the situation. At least that's something.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,179
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    The Gregory telegram is instant classic shit.
  • Options

If you check his likes they’re actually pretty UW friendly.

Setting up for more drama when he does announce the flip