Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

HCH Academy Awards - Best Picture 2012?

2»

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lincoln

dnc said:

Silver Linings Playbook is when I fell in love with JLaw and BCoop. Swoon.

Argo was great.

Fuck the Hunger Games Quadrilogy. Except for the aforementioned JLaw. Great actors tho with the old guy what’s his name, PSH, The Tucc and that one chick.

I refused to watch Hunger Games at first because I rolled my eyes at another Twilight but when I finally got around to seeing it I thought Hunger Games was pretty well done. Nothing like Twilight. Though I do think the "make the third book of a trilogy into two movies" trend is lame as hell.

*Disclaimer* I never read the books.
    I’m so gay I read the books. Young adult dystopian fiction is mah wheelhouse I guess.
    Things engaged fathers of teenagers say.
    My wife's read the entire series along with all the Harry Potter (hi @huskyhooligan ). I tell here the land of make believe sucks.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Silver Linings Playbook is when I fell in love with JLaw and BCoop. Swoon.

Argo was great.

Fuck the Hunger Games Quadrilogy. Except for the aforementioned JLaw. Great actors tho with the old guy what’s his name, PSH, The Tucc and that one chick.

I refused to watch Hunger Games at first because I rolled my eyes at another Twilight but when I finally got around to seeing it I thought Hunger Games was pretty well done. Nothing like Twilight. Though I do think the "make the third book of a trilogy into two movies" trend is lame as hell.

*Disclaimer* I never read the books.
    I’m so gay I read the books. Young adult dystopian fiction is mah wheelhouse I guess.
    My wife's read the entire series along with all the Harry Potter (hi @huskyhooligan ). I tell here the land of make believe sucks.
    I read every Harry Potter book, mostly to my kids as bed time stories.

CSB
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    The Dark Knight Rises

Congrats Golve!

Who's the lucky guy?
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,563
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    The Life of PI
    A great year actually, loved the dark knight and did watch the hunger games and loved it in spite of my bias against it because I expected it to be mindless kid bullshit which of course it was not... voted for PI because of its drug induced story line... I always support the lsd flix whenever they are produced
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,563
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    The Life of PI
    I’m beginning to understand the gay as fuck perspective of Benny... I’m now getting why @PurpleBaze suggests strongly that @BennyBeaver needs to fuck off and stay fucked off for the good of all of humanity
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,073
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Django Unchained
    Books were better than the movies. Movies were better than twilight. Haven't read the sequel.

Harry Potter is life!
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lincoln

Honorable mention:

Perhaps weirdest movie ever:

Moonrise was a solid flick.