Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

It's going to get worse before it gets better

Comments

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Wasn’t Fauci supposed to find a cure for AIDS? I’m beginning to wonder if the 80 year old man is stretching himself too thin.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Meanwhile, how are the Neanderthals doing?

Texas and Mississippi lifting their statewide mask mandates was chalked up to "neanderthal" thinking by President Joe Biden, but in the weeks following the easing of restrictions, the two states haven't yet seen a massive spike in COVID-19 cases.

At least 21 states are seeing a rise in COVID-19 cases, but Texas and Mississippi aren't among them, and neither is Florida, where Governor Ron DeSantis has been criticized for the lack of statewide restrictions. With masks commonly believed to be one of the easiest preventative measures against COVID, it's possible that the lack of a spike in cases is attributable to people still being hesitant to gather and the increase in vaccinations.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,120
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

Texas and Mississippi lifting their statewide mask mandates was chalked up to "neanderthal" thinking by President Joe Biden, but in the weeks following the easing of restrictions, the two states haven't yet seen a massive spike in COVID-19 cases.

At least 21 states are seeing a rise in COVID-19 cases, but Texas and Mississippi aren't among them, and neither is Florida, where Governor Ron DeSantis has been criticized for the lack of statewide restrictions. With masks commonly believed to be one of the easiest preventative measures against COVID, it's possible that the lack of a spike in cases is attributable to people still being hesitant to gather and the increase in vaccinations.

It’s also possible that this thing is just over.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Bob_C said:

SFGbob said:

Agreed. Between the people who have already had it, the people who have already been immunized, the people who already had natural immunity to it and were never going to get it anyway (and I'd still love to know the % of the population this is), and kids and young adults it's close to being over. They are cranking out so much vaccine now and getting it into millions of peoples arms everyday.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Proving Covid is getting better under Biden to own the libs?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Proving Biden didn't know what the fuck he was talking about when he said it was going to get worse, while he walks around like a fucking idiot with a mask despite the fact that he and everyone he comes in contact with is fully vaccinated.
  • Options

130,000 dead Americans since Biden disagree
    Look, I appreciate what you tried to do with the Biden Covid deaths. It was really good strategy, I respect it. The problem is it’s now clear it’s never going to approach the Trump 400,00 number. Every time you post it is just a reminder that Trump failed and Biden fixed it.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Look, I appreciate what you tried to do with the Biden Covid deaths. It was really good strategy, I respect it. The problem is it’s now clear it’s never going to approach the Trump 400,00 number. Every time you post it is just a reminder that Trump failed and Biden fixed it.
    Yes, Trump fast tracking the vaccine guaranteed that the number of cases and deaths would decline. If Biden fixed it why was he lying and claiming it was going to get worse?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    SFGbob said:

Bob_C said:

SFGbob said:

Agreed. Between the people who have already had it, the people who have already been immunized, the people who already had natural immunity to it and were never going to get it anyway (and I'd still love to know the % of the population this is), and kids and young adults it's close to being over. They are cranking out so much vaccine now and getting it into millions of peoples arms everyday.
    Have you been vaxxed? I have been told by a colleague that if you hang around this or that clinic everyday for a few days, you'll catch them with left-over doses and can get one. I'm assuming that, someway and somehow, if I wanted the vax I could get it. Still waiting; don't know why. I'm a little nervous about it. Especially the Moderna, which I think is the one that has caused the most severe allergic reactions.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,609
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

SFGbob said:

Bob_C said:

SFGbob said:

Have you been vaxxed? I have been told by a colleague that if you hang around this or that clinic everyday for a few days, you'll catch them with left-over doses and can get one. I'm assuming that, someway and somehow, if I wanted the vax I could get it. Still waiting; don't know why. I'm a little nervous about it. Especially the Moderna, which I think is the one that has caused the most severe allergic reactions.
    Vaxx is anti cuban. I'd watch out hombre
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,816
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Compare 1 month to 12

Then extrapolate
  • Options

Compare 1 month to 12

Then extrapolate
    Sounds like a lot of math. I’m more of a results kind of guy and the record books will show, Trump disaster, Biden success.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,609
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Compare 1 month to 12

Then extrapolate
    Sounds like a lot of math. I’m more of a results kind of guy and the record books will show, Trump disaster, Biden success.
    I'm hearing the midterms are the true test of perception
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Bob_C said:

SFGbob said:

Got my first shot of the Pfizer today. Wife talked me into filling out the form again after I was rejected the first time. Left off my race this time, selected declined to state, and bingo they had an appointment for me. Arm is a little sore, like a flu shot but that's it. No other problem. My wife got her first shot yesterday and she was a little out of it for a few hours afterwards but other than that and a sore arm, nothing.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Yes, Trump fast tracking the vaccine guaranteed that the number of cases and deaths would decline. If Biden fixed it why was he lying and claiming it was going to get worse?
    Here’s what we know;

Biden took the pandemic seriously and warned it would get worse, numbers went down.

Trump called it the Kung-flu, made it a political issue and killed 400,00 people.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Compare 1 month to 12

Then extrapolate
    Sure doesn't but your struggles with math are well documented

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

Here’s what we know;

Biden took the pandemic seriously and warned it would get worse, numbers went down.

Trump called it the Kung-flu, made it a political issue and killed 400,00 people.
    Biden had 12 months to study Trump and still fucked the dog
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Bob_C said:

SFGbob said:

Got my first shot of the Pfizer today. Wife talked me into filling out the form again after I was rejected the first time. Left off my race this time, selected declined to state, and bingo they had an appointment for me. Arm is a little sore, like a flu shot but that's it. No other problem. My wife got her first shot yesterday and she was a little out of it for a few hours afterwards but other than that and a sore arm, nothing.
    Day 2 is when the Pfizer kicked in for me. Felt like shit for 3 days. I never get sick. This was dose 1. Dose 2 might be a doozy for me next Wednesday. Give the Pfizer juice a little time, bud.