Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Motive for this shooting just became a complete mystery and unimportant

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

We actually had a religiously motivated mass murder event in Atlanta. I agree with you gals who say there's very little evidence it was an anti-Asian event, but you don't seem to want to talk about the actual motivation.

Was Colorado religiously motivated? Open question.

Btw, the shooting is now over a week old and if I'm not mistaken this is the first comment from the Dazzler where he admits that there isn't any evidence that the shooting was anti-Asian. But you'll notice the he never called out a single member of his team that was making that claim. Dazzler as always is really a profile in courage.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,175
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2021
    hardhat said:

HHusky said:

We actually had a religiously motivated mass murder event in Atlanta. I agree with you gals who say there's very little evidence it was an anti-Asian event, but you don't seem to want to talk about the actual motivation.

Can you explain how the Atlanta event was religiously motivated? Everything I read said he had some kind of sex addiction. He also sounds mentally ill. I'm not sure if the Colorado shooter had sex addiction, but he did stake out churches as his target and he wanted to go back to Syria to commit jihad. That may or may not be religiously motivated. I'm sure most muslims would agree that's not what they do. Further then, if there is still some suspicion that the Atlanta shooter was 'religiously motivated', pretty sure christians would disavow that too. Or are we back to 'white christians' as the baddie narrative?
    Holy Roller with shame over sex. He needed temptation removed.

Every zealot knows that means women.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    hardhat said:

HHusky said:

Can you explain how the Atlanta event was religiously motivated? Everything I read said he had some kind of sex addiction. He also sounds mentally ill. I'm not sure if the Colorado shooter had sex addiction, but he did stake out churches as his target and he wanted to go back to Syria to commit jihad. That may or may not be religiously motivated. I'm sure most muslims would agree that's not what they do. Further then, if there is still some suspicion that the Atlanta shooter was 'religiously motivated', pretty sure christians would disavow that too. Or are we back to 'white christians' as the baddie narrative?
    His guilt over having sex with prostitutes was connected to his religious back ground. He was/is still a nut case.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,809
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

HHusky said:

FYFMFE, but I'll take you at face-value. The Atlanta asshole has been condemned by his church. Unless his church was preaching some super perverted fundamentalist thing of stoning sinners, it's hard to find his actions directed by religion. Until proven otherwise, he's a deeply disturbed person who may have made his self-loathing into an excuse to kill.

The Colorado asshole, same standard, less information available. If he is found to be connected with ISIS, well, then easily to draw a connection to religiously directed actions.
    PS, I'm guessing more likely the Colorado asshole is sociopath nutjob.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

HHusky said:

FYFMFE, but I'll take you at face-value. The Atlanta asshole has been condemned by his church. Unless his church was preaching some super perverted fundamentalist thing of stoning sinners, it's hard to find his actions directed by religion. Until proven otherwise, he's a deeply disturbed person who may have made his self-loathing into an excuse to kill.

The Colorado asshole, same standard, less information available. If he is found to be connected with ISIS, well, then easily to draw a connection to religiously directed actions.
    Both the Atlanta shooter and the Colorado shooter are nut-jobs.
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

Holy Roller with shame over sex. He needed temptation removed.

Every zealot knows that means women.
    Unless someone is gay? Are there any holy roller churches left anymore?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Both the Atlanta shooter and the Colorado shooter are nut-jobs.
    Didn't finish my sentence. Sociopath nutjob instead of a solely-ISIS motivated jihadi.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    Swaye's Wigwam
    At the end of the day when you circle back and drill down mass murder is mass murder. We want a motive for our own mental safety - this was unusual or directed by others and isn't likely to happen to me at the grocery store this week

Murder by definition is a form of mental illness but we prosecute anyway. As has been discussed ad nauseum, hate crime legislation is bogus and stupid. Going out on a limb, both these guys have a lot of @haie in their hearts.

Perhaps the profilers at the BAU should focus less on race and religion and more on the traditional signs of mass murder sociopathy.

The need to find a christian equivalent to Jihad is stupid IMO. The Atlanta dude needs to fry same as the Colorado dude. There is your equivalence
  • Options
    But lets import more people of a religion that believes they must convert, subjugate, enslave or kill anyone who is not the same religion as them.

The founders wrote of Mooselimb incompatibility with America. In fact Mooselimb's are why we formed the Navy.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    SFGbob said:

RoadTrip said:

LebamDawg said:

here is CNN's what we know about the shooter -

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/23/us/boulder-colorado-shooting-suspect/index.html

The weapon used in the attack was an AR-15-style pistol modified with an arm brace, according to the source (LE)
    investigators determined Alissa had purchased a Ruger AR556 pistol on March 16

I added the bits about the weapon. Just fyi is all I am doing - it seems 3 years ago in high school he was teased, probably by white guys.
    Was he nuts? who knows, the article really down plays any religion aspect.

Edit: I think they meant he took delivery of the weapon on the 16th, I bought a Ruger recently and had to wait 3 weeks for approval

I think the most egregious aspect of this case is that this killer was on the FBI's radar and they ignored him even after he purchased the weapon. Good thing they were looking for white supremacists and not profiling mooslims.
    The list of mass shootings where the shooter was already on the FBI radar and they did nothing about is now easily in the double digits.
    Arresting people in advance of the crime is a proposal that might face some opposition.
  • Options
    dflea said:

SFGbob said:

RoadTrip said:

LebamDawg said:

The weapon used in the attack was an AR-15-style pistol modified with an arm brace, according to the source (LE)

I added the bits about the weapon. Just fyi is all I am doing - it seems 3 years ago in high school he was teased, probably by white guys.

Edit: I think they meant he took delivery of the weapon on the 16th, I bought a Ruger recently and had to wait 3 weeks for approval

I think the most egregious aspect of this case is that this killer was on the FBI's radar and they ignored him even after he purchased the weapon. Good thing they were looking for white supremacists and not profiling mooslims.
    The list of mass shootings where the shooter was already on the FBI radar and they did nothing about is now easily in the double digits.
    Arresting people in advance of the crime is a proposal that might face some opposition.
    Not checking on a guy who was on a watch list for buying a gun might have helped. He went through a background check which is reported the the feds during the actual purchase. The feds clear the sale.

HTH
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

SFGbob said:

RoadTrip said:

LebamDawg said:

Agree and that seems to be the failing of gun control legislation

This guy took and or passed a background check. He was known but he hadn't acted. Which leaves us back at how to we stop nuts without infringing on non criminal citizens.

I'm not a gun guy at all. Haven't fired one in 40 years or more but I'm also a fan of the constitution.

We are better able than ever to surveil and find threats but what difference does it make

The FBI policy for decades has been to infiltrate and destroy threats from within. With lone gunmen that doesn't work

To me gun control is just another part of the political theater these days.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    @RaceBannon with back to back TPOTW
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    SFGbob said:

RoadTrip said:

LebamDawg said:

But they passed the Background Check!