Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tucker: The country you grew up in teeters on its foundation

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Tucker Carlson is nearly perfect in my book. The only time he deviates is that kind of whiny mode he can sometimes slip into. But otherwise, I like the Tuck.

Also the kind of guy who shows up at 7-11 when he says he's going to show up. Doesn't leave you hanging there sucking on a Slurpee with your dick in your hand.
    This is an oddly bad take from you. Tucker is a soft wannabe who peddles populist bullshit in an effort to distract from his elitist roots. Own your wealth and don't be a pussy-footed fake.

He's also the last person who would show up at a 7-11. I can't remember the last time I saw him debate an actual heavyweight. Usually it's just some pink haired antifa college student who he slaps around for five minutes giving them more attention than they would ever deserve.
    I don't know ... I've just always liked his style and delivery. Like I said, when he gets that whinny look on his face and starts poor mouthing, he's a little annoying. But when he's on I like him. I don't always agree with him ... he is given somewhat to dramatics, so I don't take everything he says literally. And occasionally he puts his foot in his mouth. But I think he's someone you'd enjoy having a beer with. Maybe not nearly perfect, but an OKG IMO.

Compare and contrast with Hannity. Carlson doesn't really have heroes as far as I can tell, and nobody is really off limits with him. Whereas I honestly think Trump or Jr. could take a shit on Hannity's lawn and he'd make a shrine out of it.

Just because I'm a left-wing commie in the Tug doesn't mean I'm not at least somewhat conservative in real life.
    Tucker was on the leading edge of the Wuhan bio lab virus escape. He was on the leading edge of the Hunter Biden china corruption. He has been all over the current border crisis. He does sound whiny at times and he has that stupid giggle. But then I'm a substance over form person and didn't vote for a corrupt hate America dementia patient because of his high character.
    I would add that if you watch Tucker enough, you will see that he spares nobody. He's not always "friendly" to the right, wasn't always friendly to Trump or his cabinet, and really isn't afraid to take on anybody. Yeah, he clearly swings right, but in my view he doesn't wear blinders. Again, compare and contrast with a guy like Hannity.
    Now name someone on the left that has a news and opinion show that does the same thing to his team?
    I don't watch him but left twitter freaks out about Chuck Todd every week after meet the depressed. Anything there?
    No, nothing. He asked a few tough questions to the Home Land Security guy last week but for the most part his is a lap dog. Hell, George Stephanopoulos is seen as a legitimate news person by the Rats.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Tucker Carlson is nearly perfect in my book. The only time he deviates is that kind of whiny mode he can sometimes slip into. But otherwise, I like the Tuck.

Also the kind of guy who shows up at 7-11 when he says he's going to show up. Doesn't leave you hanging there sucking on a Slurpee with your dick in your hand.
    This is an oddly bad take from you. Tucker is a soft wannabe who peddles populist bullshit in an effort to distract from his elitist roots. Own your wealth and don't be a pussy-footed fake.

He's also the last person who would show up at a 7-11. I can't remember the last time I saw him debate an actual heavyweight. Usually it's just some pink haired antifa college student who he slaps around for five minutes giving them more attention than they would ever deserve.
    I don't know ... I've just always liked his style and delivery. Like I said, when he gets that whinny look on his face and starts poor mouthing, he's a little annoying. But when he's on I like him. I don't always agree with him ... he is given somewhat to dramatics, so I don't take everything he says literally. And occasionally he puts his foot in his mouth. But I think he's someone you'd enjoy having a beer with. Maybe not nearly perfect, but an OKG IMO.

Compare and contrast with Hannity. Carlson doesn't really have heroes as far as I can tell, and nobody is really off limits with him. Whereas I honestly think Trump or Jr. could take a shit on Hannity's lawn and he'd make a shrine out of it.

Just because I'm a left-wing commie in the Tug doesn't mean I'm not at least somewhat conservative in real life.
    Tucker was on the leading edge of the Wuhan bio lab virus escape. He was on the leading edge of the Hunter Biden china corruption. He has been all over the current border crisis. He does sound whiny at times and he has that stupid giggle. But then I'm a substance over form person and didn't vote for a corrupt hate America dementia patient because of his high character.
    I would add that if you watch Tucker enough, you will see that he spares nobody. He's not always "friendly" to the right, wasn't always friendly to Trump or his cabinet, and really isn't afraid to take on anybody. Yeah, he clearly swings right, but in my view he doesn't wear blinders. Again, compare and contrast with a guy like Hannity.
    Tucker started on CNN

Once upon a time CNN was about as close to center as it gets meaning they leaned left less than most

Crossfire was an early hit and had Pat Buchanan and Robert Novak on the right against Michael Kinsley and others. People like politics and they like arguments despite claims to the contrary

Ratings don't lie. Here or in TV Land

Hannity had Alan Colmes for a punching bag in the early days of FOX trying to copy the formula

While I would argue that the left lean goes back to the Big 3 networks and manufactured consent (google it) I would also argue that no one even bothers to try to fake objectivity anymore.

Although I agree with creep on Tucker the left has him as Public Enemy #1
    I definitely agree with that. TV News is unrecognizable from my young adulthood days.
  • Options

SFGbob said:

Now name someone on the left that has a news and opinion show that does the same thing to his team?
    I don't watch him but left twitter freaks out about Chuck Todd every week after meet the depressed. Anything there?
    Don't really watch him all that much. He seems like a political purist in that he's in love with the game, and some of those people do really seem to value the game over a particular political expression. But when I've seen him he was at the very least anti-Trump, and didn't hide it well. He may just be one of those people who isn't liberal enough.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Can't really think of anyone.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Tim Russert was the last one I can think of and he's been dead for nearly 15 years. Hell Biden again today blamed Trump for what's currently going on at the border, think anyone at MSNBC will call him out for it?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,814
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Sledog said:

Teetering is correct as a majority prep for civil war in the face of illegal election results and dictatorial actions. Careful what you wish for you communist scum!

Lolz. Come on Sleddy. You're watching too much TV. Or need to get out of Hayden Lake once in a while.
    Go try and buy some ammo.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Tim Russert was the last one I can think of and he's been dead for nearly 15 years. Hell Biden again today blamed Trump for what's currently going on at the border, think anyone at MSNBC will call him out for it?
    Even the President of Mexico says the border crisis is Biden's fault.

Why is Joe so fucking disrespectful and racist toward the Mexican President?

Is it because the Senator from Delaware has no clue what he's doing?

81 Million Strong!
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I guess national elections do have consequences. Who knew?

I still haven’t noticed anything different. Life is still the same. The news stories have changed a little bit, but I didn’t care about them to begin with because they are mostly sensationalized bullshit.

But the kids in cages! And China!
    It's not going to be noticeable over nine weeks.

It's about long term goals for the Chinese, commie losers, Dimocrats, and globalists. It's the gradual erosion of what made our country great. We have to resort to posting on some mostly anonymous message board because some fat, miserable bitch at work will get offended over posting something "offensive" on social media. That's where we're at.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Russert ... fuck it has been 15 years. That's crazy. Doesn't seem like it. Chuck Todd was his boy and hand picked successor.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Teetering is correct as a majority prep for civil war in the face of illegal election results and dictatorial actions. Careful what you wish for you communist scum!

Lolz. Come on Sleddy. You're watching too much TV. Or need to get out of Hayden Lake once in a while.
    Go try and buy some ammo.
    I'll take my chances.

Let's do this. We'll pin this. How much time do said revolutionary forces need? If we don't have a real revolution in, say, a year? Two years? If they're really preparing for it now, and the election hasn't and won't be overturned, how much time? Whatever it is, call it a couple years, can we then agree that this hysterical statement that a majority of Americans are preparing for civil war is just you watching too many Red Dawn re-runs?

• Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dflea said:

Aww. You guys seem upset.

Maybe if you call mom, she'll get you a pudding pop and a Dr. Suess book.

Tucker Fucking Trust-Fund Carlson can eat shit.

Look at the old men yelling at clouds. Who's ever seen this before?

What a perfect first response from you.

Tell ya what, kiddo. Let me know if you ever need a job. I’ll bring you on with our warehouse staff. Maybe they’ll teach you what your father failed to, and you’ll come out a man a few years later.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2021
    thechatch said:

dflea said:

Tell ya what, kiddo. Let me know if you ever need a job. I’ll bring you on with our warehouse staff. Maybe they’ll teach you what your father failed to, and you’ll come out a man a few years later.
    Oh, look at this cute young man and his kiddo routine. He's funny.

My kids are out of college and live on their own now, but your story about giving me a job was cute anyway, punk.

You dumb motherfucker - you should pull your head out of your ass and pay some fucking attention around here. I was probably fucking chicks that could have been your mom while you were still shitting your pants, ya little twerp.

Fuck off, idiot.

• Options

I'm finding it hard to keep track of the rivalries here.

I thought this board was about fishing and hating on kamala harris.

It should be.

I'm outta control.

I should switch back to indica.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited March 2021
    dflea said:

It should be.

I'm outta control.

First bob hates tits. You hate everyone. Although that's fine and par for the course. No idea what race is about anymore.

Swaye is sober. Yella is angry.

Thanks Joe!!
  • Options

dflea said:

It should be.

I'm outta control.

First bob hates tits. You hate everyone. Although that's fine and par for the course. No idea what race is about anymore.

Swaye is sober. Yella is angry.

Thanks Joe!!
    Biden's America, man!
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    dflea said:

It should be.

I'm outta control.

Might as well tell Kilauea to stop spewing devouring lava. It is your nature.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

dflea said:

It should be.

I'm outta control.

Might as well tell Kilauea to stop spewing devouring lava. It is your nature.
    Did you ever hear that fable about the scorpion and the flea?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dflea said:

It should be.

I'm outta control.

Whatever you're on, stay on it.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dflea said:

thechatch said:

dflea said:

Oh, look at this cute young man and his kiddo routine. He's funny.

My kids are out of college and live on their own now, but your story about giving me a job was cute anyway, punk.

You dumb motherfucker - you should pull your head out of your ass and pay some fucking attention around here. I was probably fucking chicks that could have been your mom while you were still shitting your pants, ya little twerp.

Fuck off, idiot.

“I was fucking chicks that could have been your mom!!!”

Lol You’re pressing badly, kiddo. This is what happens when someone tries too hard. And, while I’m thinking about it, we offer work for the elderly as well, assuming your kids are tired of supporting you.

Btw This whole “I’m in my 60s and talking shit to people about the women I fucked during the Nixon administration” persona isn’t a good look at all, flea. Maybe tone it down a little. You’re never going to get a job working in my warehouse if you can’t learn to control your temper on an internet message board, but I’ll admit that watching you get pants-shitting angry on a daily basis at a bunch of people who don’t give a fuck about you is more than a little amusing.

I sincerely hope this helped.