Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Where is your King now?

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,859
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2021

dflea said:

doogie said:

20? Years ago coaching a Babe Ruth team at a tournament in Aberdeen, we were up against the daunting Black Hills team that we hadn’t beaten in “All-Star” tournament season in three years. On Championship Sunday, in the first game of the day, we jumped on them early and hung on for the win. An assistant for BH was a big athletic, fierce, Samoan dude with a nasty temper and the best kid on their team who refused to accept losing. Now, as you all know, I’m easy to get along with and usually avoid confrontation but this one time, I must have said something he mis-understood and didn’t like because as the game ended and the kids ran onto the field he stormed from the 3rd base coaches box into my dugout and in my face. I had a dozen Dads standing with and behind me. He didn’t care. Becoming more emboldened by the second and as he was telling me how he was going to tear my limbs off, I quickly glanced around and noticed all of the dads but one had moved well out of range. Fuck me. Just as I was thinking, “Oh Shit! I haven’t done this in 15 years but, I guess it’s go time and this ones gonna leave a mark”, Dad of my second baseman, flashed his badge and warned, you don’t want to do this, you WILL go to jail, today.

He didn’t care, set his feet, and just before he made his move, Cop-Dad pointed out 4 of Aberdeen’s uniform finest driving across the field in two cars to my dugout while the other Black Hills coaches were scrambling to defuse him.

I left with my teeth intact but without the plastic Championship Trophy.

This is an iron law.

Do NOT fight a Samoan. Either sex. It will not turn out well for you.
    Especially ones named "Tiny." Trickery.

I read that as you don't want to have sex with a Samoan either - which is also generally true.

ISAFNRC
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    doogie said:

20? Years ago coaching a Babe Ruth team at a tournament in Aberdeen, we were up against the daunting Black Hills team that we hadn’t beaten in “All-Star” tournament season in three years. On Championship Sunday, in the first game of the day, we jumped on them early and hung on for the win. An assistant for BH was a big athletic, fierce, Samoan dude with a nasty temper and the best kid on their team who refused to accept losing. Now, as you all know, I’m easy to get along with and usually avoid confrontation but this one time, I must have said something he mis-understood and didn’t like because as the game ended and the kids ran onto the field he stormed from the 3rd base coaches box into my dugout and in my face. I had a dozen Dads standing with and behind me. He didn’t care. Becoming more emboldened by the second and as he was telling me how he was going to tear my limbs off, I quickly glanced around and noticed all of the dads but one had moved well out of range. Fuck me. Just as I was thinking, “Oh Shit! I haven’t done this in 15 years but, I guess it’s go time and this ones gonna leave a mark”, Dad of my second baseman, flashed his badge and warned, you don’t want to do this, you WILL go to jail, today.

He didn’t care, set his feet, and just before he made his move, Cop-Dad pointed out 4 of Aberdeen’s uniform finest driving across the field in two cars to my dugout while the other Black Hills coaches were scrambling to defuse him.

I left with my teeth intact but without the plastic Championship Trophy.

That guy? I used to make him give me his lunch money, and I still kicked his ass down the stairs in the old WW Building.

I guess us old Bobcats are a breed apart.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,379
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options

Seriously though, I find this “rivalry” between Race and Creepy boring.

That's what she said

Longest off season ever. Doing our best

Criticizing the entertainment isn't your style @Doog_de_Jour ... the history books will show that we? carried this place through the great pandemic.

So let it be written.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Seriously though, I find this “rivalry” between Race and Creepy boring.

That's what she said

Longest off season ever. Doing our best

Criticizing the entertainment isn't your style @Doog_de_Jour ... the history books will show that we? carried this place through the great pandemic.

So let it be written.
    So let it be done.
  • Options
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Bazey is dead to me.

@PurpleBaze

@MikeSeaver
    Why do you hate @bazelcunt ?
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The creepy one said

"Short story tim with Creep, who must return to his travels. I met a woman who worked in the "Temple of Justice" in O-town during my clerkship year. Samoan. Got to know her pretty well ... not like that; it was well before my Pacific Islander phase. Anyway she has like 4 brothers, they call their neighborhood a village, and she described how their Dad, with mom's full support, raised her brothers. It would all qualify as child abuse in the States. Shit was tough, and gave literal meaning to the phrase, "don't ever come home with your tail between your ass because I'll beat you worse." Brothers actually would get turned around at the door step to go out and finish a fight.

Tuff kids."

I hear you, creep.

I moved to Hawaii in the early 1980s. I always preferred the asian persuasion.

Uh, it was not reciprocated. Well, not at first. I started off in Kona which has WAY too many arrogant haoles for the taste of the "locals".

After a couple years of learning to fit in and proving myself against the local talent (brain drain is real here) I got promoted (?) to a location overrun with many Hawaiians and other large Pacific Islander types. Any haoles there were born there. Zero transplants.

My former co-workers advised me to find a Hawaiian girlfriend. So she, and her family, could protect me. I was smaller, then.

I found a couple. Two halves do make a hole. (And, yes, hapa haole more better.) Actually, the thinking was if one is good, two must be better.

No natural/predictable ending here, thank God. There were no living brothers or fathers.

I was promoted again but to a more desirable part of the islands. And eventually to another undesirable spot on another island.

Wash, rinse, repeat. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Or, so, they say.

Good times.

• Options
    EwaDawg said:

The creepy one said

"Short story tim with Creep, who must return to his travels. I met a woman who worked in the "Temple of Justice" in O-town during my clerkship year. Samoan. Got to know her pretty well ... not like that; it was well before my Pacific Islander phase. Anyway she has like 4 brothers, they call their neighborhood a village, and she described how their Dad, with mom's full support, raised her brothers. It would all qualify as child abuse in the States. Shit was tough, and gave literal meaning to the phrase, "don't ever come home with your tail between your ass because I'll beat you worse." Brothers actually would get turned around at the door step to go out and finish a fight.

Tuff kids."

I hear you, creep.

I moved to Hawaii in the early 1980s. I always preferred the asian persuasion.

Uh, it was not reciprocated. Well, not at first. I started off in Kona which has WAY too many arrogant haoles for the taste of the "locals".

After a couple years of learning to fit in and proving myself against the local talent (brain drain is real here) I got promoted (?) to a location overrun with many Hawaiians and other large Pacific Islander types. Any haoles there were born there. Zero transplants.

My former co-workers advised me to find a Hawaiian girlfriend. So she, and her family, could protect me. I was smaller, then.

I found a couple. Two halves do make a hole. (And, yes, hapa haole more better.) Actually, the thinking was if one is good, two must be better.

No natural/predictable ending here, thank God. There were no living brothers or fathers.

I was promoted again but to a more desirable part of the islands. And eventually to another undesirable spot on another island.

Wash, rinse, repeat. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Or, so, they say.

Good times.

I have heard that the Big Island in general has a lot more "outposts" and "real" Hawaii towns/etc. The kind of remote fishing villages that you don't just wander into running your mouth and talking shit, or you will have you shit shoved right back to where it came from. I heard Kona had that quality too back in the day, but yes, now overrun with wealthy transplants.

Even on Maui, I realized early on to just keep my mouth shut. Even if we were somewhere being ignored, or walking through a parking lot with teenagers saying shit to the fam, just keep walking.

I was there once years ago and it was one of those "Ok I'll get you McDonald's if you'll shut up" kind of days. We go in there, are completely ignored while each of the cashiers are just talking to their friends who are there just to visit. They see us waiting and almost enjoy making us stand there. Then when we order the disdain the woman had for us was clearly visible. Just keep your mouth shut, get your food, hope nobody spat on it, and move on. This was in fucking Lahaina, where you'd think they'd be quite used to mainlanders.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Too many other awesome tropical locations to travel other than Hawaii. Costa Rica blew every Hawaiian trip I’ve ever taken out of the water.

Heading out in a few weeks up an undisclosed tropical location. GTFO of the compound after a long winter.

Hawaiians are just another flavor of Americans who hate white people. Costa Ricans love white Americans, their money and their military. It’s a beautiful place.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Too many other awesome tropical locations to travel other than Hawaii. Costa Rica blew every Hawaiian trip I’ve ever taken out of the water.

Heading out in a few weeks up an undisclosed tropical location. GTFO of the compound after a long winter.

Hawaiians are just another flavor of Americans who hate white people. Costa Ricans love white Americans, their money and their military. It’s a beautiful place.

Thanks for your unbiased insight.

Especially the part about Hawaiians hating white people.

If you hadn't said that I would have gone to my grave believing that Hawaiians actually only hate racist or arrogant Caucasians.

Thanks, again.

• Options
    EwaDawg said:

Thanks for your unbiased insight.

Especially the part about Hawaiians hating white people.

If you hadn't said that I would have gone to my grave believing that Hawaiians actually only hate racist or arrogant Caucasians.

Thanks, again.

Feel free to point me to the rent-a-girlfriend shop for protection from those loving non-racist folk.

• Options
    Honestly, it's an island thing, not a racist thing. It's classic xenophobia, which is more than a little enhanced with island living.