Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

White Privilege

HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,522
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Standard Supporter
Anything I ever do, accomplish, or achieve is because I am white and / or privileged...or at least so I've been told.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

Anything I ever do, accomplish, or achieve is because I am white and / or privileged...and I feign feeling guilty about it but secretly love it.

#whiteguilt

• Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Ben Haggerty. Mixing rhymes of white guilt along w/ faggotry. This is popular in USA, no?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,905
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    This is only true if you are Macklemore
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    White poverty < all other poverty
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    HFNY said:

Anything I ever do, accomplish, or achieve is because I am white and / or privileged...or at least so I've been told.

What we are told these days by the clueless denizens of American myth is nothing more than antebellum. It's way past time for most of us to move on while we hurry and wait for the stupid and unwise to catch up riding the thread worn whitewalls they road in on.

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,563
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited February 2014

Ben Haggerty. Mixing rhymes of white guilt along w/ faggotry. This is popular in USA, no?

You're really fucking stupid if you think Macklemore's music is a product of white guilt.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,842
    Founders Club
    There's probably something to it in rare cases, but 99% of the time the people whining about it ignore things like hard work, creativity, iniative etc. and focus on making everyone who fails a victim.

I'm way more worried about income inequality and a lack of upward mobility.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,522
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited February 2014
    BINGO and with our Big Government Spending, ZIRP, and QE I-IV, it has juiced stocks, commercial real estate, residential real estate, and other real assets while working stiffs with few real assets see their purchasing power erode:

confoundedinterest.wordpress.com/2014/02/06/backward-the-dying-american-middle-class-homeownership-and-housing-housing-affordability-keeps-dropping/

As for White Privilege, I say it's loser talk and becomes a self-defeating prophecy for those who throw it around because it diminishes what a person who happens to be white achieves while it excuses away failure (or middling results) of those who happen to have more pigment in their skin.

And is there anything such as "Asian-American Privilege" since they are wealthier, more educated, and less likely to be incarcerated than whites, blacks, or latinos? If not, how come? Is it because that doesn't fit the narrative of those who engage in loser talk and are sub-consciously racing to the bottom?

There's probably something to it in rare cases, but 99% of the time the people whining about it ignore things like hard work, creativity, iniative etc. and focus on making everyone who fails a victim.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited February 2014

Income inequality and upward mobility? You obviously majored in liberal arts. Holy fuckall
    I don't know what any of that means, so I'm with PL_SS on this one.

And upvoted for Holy Fuckall...that shit is going in high rotation in my lexicon (unsure what that means also)
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I'm convinced that outside of small pockets of this country (and most of those pockets are generally insignificant in the grand scheme of things), race isn't an issue except to those that want to make it an (alleged) issue.

It doesn't matter what your skin color is, what your religious beliefs are, or what your sexual orientation is. If you are willing to put in the work, make sacrifices along the way, and make your chosen path a significant enough priority in your life, you can achieve tremendous success.

I see/hear a lot of comments about the unemployment rate. Has anybody ever stopped to think about why there is such unemployment?

Many people coming out of undergraduate programs struggle to find jobs upon graduating. Has anybody ever stopped to think about what the underlying issues are with the job skills that are required by our professional environment versus the skills that most undergraduates have upon graduating?

I read something the other day that the unemployment rate for those with Masters Degrees is in the neighborhood of 3% (even for those with TCU MBAs). Has anybody ever stopped to think why this class of worker is more desired upon our business community than other workers?

We like to make a lot of excuses as a society. It's what drives a lot of these discussions. We like to make simplistic answers that point the finger. We hate as a society asking tough questions that demand tough answers. We don't necessarily like hearing the truth because it can be hurtful to many.

The world is changing. The skill sets required to operate in this world are changing. If you don't have the skills to compete in that world, it's not like people are going to just give you a hand out because you are entitled to it. Not even Pat Haden is that fucking stupid.
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    Big government has to be the villain in every form of inequality and the gullibility of poverty escapism, since big money is never accountable for anything but slave waged jobs and disappearing benefits in exchange for honest labor. If you think white power is a problem in America, blame it on Obama.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2014

You're really fucking stupid if you think Macklemore's music is a product of white guilt.
    It's noted you didn't comment in the faggotry.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm holding out for Jew Privilege. Those fuckers having it going on. Even after being held in slavery and being the target of genocide..more than once.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,563
    Founders Club
    edited February 2014

It's noted you didn't comment in the faggotry.
    Macklemore is a savvy businessman and realized the potential for a song about his uncle being gay during this whole fag rights era. The song blew up and he got himself some grammys and millions more dollars than you or I will see in our lifetimes. Good for him. Haters gonna hate.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

I'm convinced that outside of small pockets of this country (and most of those pockets are generally insignificant in the grand scheme of things), race isn't an issue except to those that want to make it an (alleged) issue.

It doesn't matter what your skin color is, what your religious beliefs are, or what your sexual orientation is. If you are willing to put in the work, make sacrifices along the way, and make your chosen path a significant enough priority in your life, you can achieve tremendous success.

I see/hear a lot of comments about the unemployment rate. Has anybody ever stopped to think about why there is such unemployment?

Many people coming out of undergraduate programs struggle to find jobs upon graduating. Has anybody ever stopped to think about what the underlying issues are with the job skills that are required by our professional environment versus the skills that most undergraduates have upon graduating?

I read something the other day that the unemployment rate for those with Masters Degrees is in the neighborhood of 3% (even for those with TCU MBAs). Has anybody ever stopped to think why this class of worker is more desired upon our business community than other workers?

We like to make a lot of excuses as a society. It's what drives a lot of these discussions. We like to make simplistic answers that point the finger. We hate as a society asking tough questions that demand tough answers. We don't necessarily like hearing the truth because it can be hurtful to many.

The world is changing. The skill sets required to operate in this world are changing. If you don't have the skills to compete in that world, it's not like people are going to just give you a hand out because you are entitled to it. Not even Pat Haden is that fucking stupid.

Best Tequilla Long: Didn't Read post in quite some time.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    Hoss94 is that you?