Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I’m sure it’s nothing

2»

Comments

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,312
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

Blu82 said:

A substantial correction is coming for segments of various business/industries.
    Unfortunately, it will drag down the economy as a whole. How much remains to be seen.
    Add in $5 gas and there could be a real problem.
    About then some brainiacs will begin to wonder who voted for whom.

Real estate in some markets is absolutely screwed.

I'd toss in that COMMERCIAL real estate is absolutely screwed. It will take a while for Seattle to convert all those high rises into homeless shelters mixed used residential centers.
    pawz said:

What I'm hearing....

2.7M homes nationally in forebearance

6% of homes nationally are under water (only 1/3 of 2007)

Places like Chicago have 13% of homes under water

Jewish securities attorney friend of mine - life long Chicagoan in his 70's. Super cool condo downtown near the river. Bailed out for Carolina. Gone, just gone. No warning.

Fuck I would too. I like Chicago but fuck. Cold is cold. I had this gig at Northwestern's Law School, which is not in Evanston but is in fact downtown Chicago literally on Lake Michigan. It was dry but that is the coldest I can ever remember being in my entire life. I never want to be that cold again.
    Three coldest places I've ever been - North Dakota in January, Chicago in November and Toronto in January. All a bone-chilling cold that cannot be replicated in the Inland Northwest. That air blowing off those fucking Great Lakes in Chicago and Toronto -fuck that.

North Dakota was just ball shriveling cold.

The Dakotas are for people who just want to be fucking cold. That's other level cold.
    Odd how the white man picked this place and Oklahoma as "Indian Country." Find a place no sane person wants to live. Give that to the savages. You fuckers.
    Then they both had oil
    Was just about to type that!
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Swaye said:

Blu82 said:

Unfortunately, it will drag down the economy as a whole. How much remains to be seen.

I'd toss in that COMMERCIAL real estate is absolutely screwed. It will take a while for Seattle to convert all those high rises into homeless shelters mixed used residential centers.
    pawz said:

What I'm hearing....

Jewish securities attorney friend of mine - life long Chicagoan in his 70's. Super cool condo downtown near the river. Bailed out for Carolina. Gone, just gone. No warning.

Fuck I would too. I like Chicago but fuck. Cold is cold. I had this gig at Northwestern's Law School, which is not in Evanston but is in fact downtown Chicago literally on Lake Michigan. It was dry but that is the coldest I can ever remember being in my entire life. I never want to be that cold again.
    Three coldest places I've ever been - North Dakota in January, Chicago in November and Toronto in January. All a bone-chilling cold that cannot be replicated in the Inland Northwest. That air blowing off those fucking Great Lakes in Chicago and Toronto -fuck that.

The Dakotas are for people who just want to be fucking cold. That's other level cold.
    Odd how the white man picked this place and Oklahoma as "Indian Country." Find a place no sane person wants to live. Give that to the savages. You fuckers.
    And we? don't want it back. Except for, you know, that things that are useful to us?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

Blu82 said:

pawz said:

What I'm hearing....

And we? don't want it back. Except for, you know, that things that are useful to us?

You're goddamned right, boy.