Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,082
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    One thing I've noticed is up until a few months ago, when I'd send in my mortgage payment it would clear the bank in 10-14 days from when I mailed it. Nowadays, it is clearing in about three days from when I mail it.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

One thing I've noticed is up until a few months ago, when I'd send in my mortgage payment it would clear the bank in 10-14 days from when I mailed it. Nowadays, it is clearing in about three days from when I mail it.

This. You can always tell when the bankers get nervous. That industry has a terrible poker face.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,407
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Rent holidays begat landlords not paying the mortgage along with owners who can't pay the mortgage makes for a nervous banker

Just over 10 million homeowners are behind on mortgage payments, according to White House estimates. An estimated 13.2 million adults living in rental housing — nearly 1 in 5 adult renters — were also not caught up on rent, according to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.

From the Hill - 23 million and counting. WH extended the moratorium but the chickens are gathering and anxious to come home to roost

• Options

Rent holidays begat landlords not paying the mortgage along with owners who can't pay the mortgage makes for a nervous banker

Just over 10 million homeowners are behind on mortgage payments, according to White House estimates. An estimated 13.2 million adults living in rental housing — nearly 1 in 5 adult renters — were also not caught up on rent, according to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.

From the Hill - 23 million and counting. WH extended the moratorium but the chickens are gathering and anxious to come home to roost

Yeah. I've been waiting for that particular shoe to drop. I also wonder how many mortgage backed securities are going to blow up. Is this another 2008 coming? H-O-L-Y fuck.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I just did a quick search for these numbers. I've seen worse. I've seen some things Blanch, Its the Josey Wales
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah. I've been waiting for that particular shoe to drop. I also wonder how many mortgage backed securities are going to blow up. Is this another 2008 coming? H-O-L-Y fuck.
    And there is your next short
  • Options

I just did a quick search for these numbers. I've seen worse. I've seen some things Blanch, Its the Josey Wales

• Options
    Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,510
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    A substantial correction is coming for segments of various business/industries.
    Unfortunately, it will drag down the economy as a whole. How much remains to be seen.
    Add in $5 gas and there could be a real problem.
    About then some brainiacs will begin to wonder who voted for whom.

Real estate in some markets is absolutely screwed.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,312
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Blu82 said:

Unfortunately, it will drag down the economy as a whole. How much remains to be seen.

Shit, $5 per gallon gas and maybe I'll start getting a bonus again!...
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Blu82 said:

Shit, $5 per gallon gas and maybe I'll start getting a bonus again!...
    Well look at you

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,800
    Founders Club
    What I'm hearing....

2.7M homes nationally in forebearance

6% of homes nationally are under water (only 1/3 of 2007)

Places like Chicago have 13% of homes under water

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Auctions are BACK. Or will be

Cash is king just like 08
  • Options

Blu82 said:

I'd toss in that COMMERCIAL real estate is absolutely screwed. It will take a while for Seattle to convert all those high rises into homeless shelters mixed used residential centers.
    pawz said:

What I'm hearing....

Jewish securities attorney friend of mine - life long Chicagoan in his 70's. Super cool condo downtown near the river. Bailed out for Carolina. Gone, just gone. No warning.

Fuck I would too. I like Chicago but fuck. Cold is cold. I had this gig at Northwestern's Law School, which is not in Evanston but is in fact downtown Chicago literally on Lake Michigan. It was dry but that is the coldest I can ever remember being in my entire life. I never want to be that cold again.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    edited March 2021

Blu82 said:

I'd toss in that COMMERCIAL real estate is absolutely screwed. It will take a while for Seattle to convert all those high rises into homeless shelters mixed used residential centers.
    pawz said:

What I'm hearing....

Jewish securities attorney friend of mine - life long Chicagoan in his 70's. Super cool condo downtown near the river. Bailed out for Carolina. Gone, just gone. No warning.

Fuck I would too. I like Chicago but fuck. Cold is cold. I had this gig at Northwestern's Law School, which is not in Evanston but is in fact downtown Chicago literally on Lake Michigan. It was dry but that is the coldest I can ever remember being in my entire life. I never want to be that cold again.
    Three coldest places I've ever been - North Dakota in January, Chicago in November and Toronto in January. All a bone-chilling cold that cannot be replicated in the Inland Northwest. That air blowing off those fucking Great Lakes in Chicago and Toronto -fuck that.

North Dakota was just ball shriveling cold.

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

No, the RMBS market is significant smaller than it was. The most of the capital is tied up in the stock market now
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,807
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Auctions are BACK. Or will be

Cash is king just like 08

If things get dire enough I actually might buy a house in Seattle. Then again, probably not. Miami bottomed out in 08, may have to take a serious look there if it happens again.
  • Options

Blu82 said:

pawz said:

What I'm hearing....

Three coldest places I've ever been - North Dakota in January, Chicago in November and Toronto in January. All a bone-chilling cold that cannot be replicated in the Inland Northwest. That air blowing off those fucking Great Lakes in Chicago and Toronto -fuck that.

The Dakotas are for people who just want to be fucking cold. That's other level cold.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

Blu82 said:

pawz said:

What I'm hearing....

A while back in an old job for almost two years I had to spend a week a month up in Chicago...hate that town. One week in Feb I was up there and it was something like -10 at night with wind chills of something crazy like -40. Front desk lady at the Marriott on Miracle Mile warned us not to walk to the bar a couple blocks down because of exposure warnings or something.

Never been colder in my life.