Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

SCIENCE!!!!

HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/japan-supercomputer-finds-double-masking-doesnt-work

The fact some people need a supercomputer to tell them this is sad. The fact a good chunk of people will look at this and still rationalize some reasoning around this is scary.

Comments

• Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited March 2021
    Once Deep Blue beat Gary Kasparov in their first chess match I realized this is all a choreographed simulation. Trump was a 4 year virus.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Using a single surgical-type mask, made of non-woven material, had 85% effectiveness in blocking particles when worn tightly around the nose and face. Adding a polyurethane mask on top boosted the effectiveness to just 89%.

Masks don’t work though, right?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Using a single surgical-type mask, made of non-woven material, had 85% effectiveness in blocking particles when worn tightly around the nose and face. Adding a polyurethane mask on top boosted the effectiveness to just 89%.

Lotta Texas hysterics seem to doubt them now.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Lotta Texas hysterics seem to doubt them now.
    Well that settles it, I’ll wear two because I’m better than those hillbillies.
  • Options

Based on that data, wearing 6 masks all the tim makes you impervious to infection. I suggest you try it.
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Describe "particles." What size, what kind?

Now reason with yourself on why "Any old face covering will do" in terms of government advice.

Now go to a hospital for a procedure wearing a cloth mask and watch them give you a surgical one instead.

Lots of questions, very few answers, KobeTroller.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,941
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

On the margins they probably do. But wearing them in a grocery store is pointless.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,854
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Nobody wears those masks...
  • Options

Guy who wears 3 condoms at the same time chimes in...the rationalization begins...

People grab them and move them and touch them which is actually worse, which is why statistics also show masks (and lockdowns in general) have been useless this past year. Unfortunately though people have tunnel-vision and human psyche in general forces people to bend reality to try and fit the narrative in their head because they aren’t rational enough to look at data and reassess their perception/reality/beliefs. Would be a fascinating case study if it wasn’t such a train wreck.
  • Options

Guy who wears 3 condoms at the same time chimes in...the rationalization begins...

People grab them and move them and touch them which is actually worse, which is why statistics also show masks (and lockdowns in general) have been useless this past year. Unfortunately though people have tunnel-vision and human psyche in general forces people to bend reality to try and fit the narrative in their head because they aren’t rational enough to look at data and reassess their perception/reality/beliefs. Would be a fascinating case study if it wasn’t such a train wreck.
    TLDR version is that Leftists are sheep and always have wanted to be herded and coiffed by their leaders.
  • Options
    PrestonluvPrestonluv Member Posts: 275
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited March 2021

If only it had the same success rate in California the last 3 months

Masks policies have nowhere near the effect that these tests provide as most dont wear them properly or even have the proper mask.

Maybe they should require Mask 101 in schools.

Minus well keep the masks during future flu seasons cause hey..only one kid died of flu this year.

Minus well lower the speed limit as it will save lives

Minus well make hamburgers illegal as it will save lives.

Minus well make cigarettes illegal while were at it.

Minus well make tobacco illegal

Minus well make pop illegal.

Hell.....why not just make it illegal to be more than 20 pounds overweight. I mean it's all those fat motherfuckers who are dying cause of covid and heart disease.

Shit. Why stop at masks and social distancing. If we really want to save lives we need to make being fat illegal.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Masks policies have nowhere near the effect that these tests provide as most dont wear them properly or even have the proper mask.

Minus well keep the masks during future flu seasons cause hey..only one kid died of flu this year.

Hell.....why not just make it illegal to be more than 20 pounds overweight. I mean it's all those fat motherfuckers who are dying cause of covid and heart disease.

Shit. Why stop at masks and social distancing. If we really want to save lives we need to make being fat illegal.

You’re really cutting into my target market.
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Minus well? Is this an autocorrect all 6 times? If not, and if I’m not missing an inside joke, it’s ‘might as well’.
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,352
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    Having asthma, I'm more cautious than others, but as long as you aren't right next to someone you should be fine. Having been in idabo now a week I like it, a third the people wear it, the rest don't. Make your own choice.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Goduckies said:

Having asthma, I'm more cautious than others, but as long as you aren't right next to someone you should be fine. Having been in idabo now a week I like it, a third the people wear it, the rest don't. Make your own choice.

Whenever I read stuff like this I flash back to that morbidly obese lady screaming at a child standing 12 feet away that not wearing a mask killed her sick, morbidly obese husband.

Ya positive it wasn't the cigarettes and Twinkies, fatso?
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,545
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Can't ban fat people - I use them to make me look good
  • Options
    LebamDawg said:

Somehow I’m betting one much less two masks won’t slow down their eating?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    LebamDawg said:

YAWFMS
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,595
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    At this point I'd just take not promoting being fat as good.

How far can it go? Every year it gets worse. There has to be some kind of tipping point right?