Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Imminent portal #woof?

Ektard says this guy is leaning towards UW. Former high 4* but hasn't panned out in the Grinch Speed D.
https://247sports.com/Player/Brendan-Radley-Hiles-68479/high-school-188461/

Comments

• Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,084
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Praying doogs 🙏
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

@backthepack was on this days ago

Blair Angelo posted something about this a week or two ago. Sounds like his Twitter follows have been pretty UW heavy.

At one point he was a borderline 5* cb but it sounds like he struggled at Oklahoma.

Jeremiah Martin Reclamation Project v2.0
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,084
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Rivals article. Fastest strategy

"Bookie transitioned to the nickel position in 2019 under new coordinator Alex Grinch’s tutelage. The new role fit his skills as a cover man better than his previous position, which kept him farther away from the line of scrimmage. He started all 14 games of the ‘19 season and finished fifth on the team in tackles with 46.

Unfortunately, Bookie’s antics tended to overshadow his contributions on the field. His non-stop jawing with opponents and periodic bouts of excessive physicality away from the ball made him a magnet for personal fouls. Bookie’s transgressions included a stupefying cheap shot leading to his ejection during Oklahoma’s blowout loss to LSU in the Peach Bowl at the end of the ‘19 season."

Hmm...no apostrophes in his name?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,814
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    He’s got talent but he’s also sloppy as is most of Oklahoma’s defense.

If he comes in then you’re looking at him likely realizing he needs to make his game tighter to get to the next level.

Reality is DBs are an area of concern going into next season for me notably from a depth standpoint.

Definitely not against the move.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,609
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sounds like a lot of feces in the throat.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

If he comes in then you’re looking at him likely realizing he needs to make his game tighter to get to the next level.

Reality is DBs are an area of concern going into next season for me notably from a depth standpoint.

Safety is probably the weakest position unit on the defense.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,814
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Agreed Roadie

Bringing in more competition at both the slot and safety positions is a good thing

Our secondary is very much too heavy in terms of depth
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,001
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

dnc said:

@backthepack was on this days ago

Sounds like his Twitter follows have been pretty UW heavy.

Has anybody done a weighted mean stochastic analysis of the twitter traffic of the follower influencers to determine if there is a valid correlation?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2021

Tequilla said:

Yep. And really not much to speak of in "depth" or "next man up". You got Turner... who has been incredibly disappointing. There's Cam Williams who didn't see the field last year. After that, you're essentially taking a cb and moving them to safety. Who am I forgetting? Who the hell was our other safety last season?

Anyways, yeah. We could use some help there
  • Options
    Kajagoogoo__DuckKajagoogoo__Duck Member Posts: 8
    First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic

Ektard says this guy is leaning towards UW. Former high 4* but hasn't panned out in the Grinch Speed D.
    https://247sports.com/Player/Brendan-Radley-Hiles-68479/high-school-188461/

He is already a secret Oregon verbal.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,531
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Yep. And really not much to speak of in "depth" or "next man up". You got Turner... who has been incredibly disappointing. There's Cam Williams who didn't see the field last year. After that, you're essentially taking a cb and moving them to safety. Who am I forgetting? Who the hell was our other safety last season?

I watched film from last year and never saw another safety - he was so deep he was out of camera view
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Tequilla said:

You have Cook, Covington and Esteen trying to unseat Turner and Williams. I don't know where Irvin falls but it is a free for all back there.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,609
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

There is depth it just hasn't performed yet. I have to believe they're going to figure it out and put two good safeties on the field this year.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,973
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

You have Cook, Covington and Esteen trying to unseat Turner and Williams. I don't know where Irvin falls but it is a free for all back there.
    Julius Irvin. If he can put on weight I still believe.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Tequilla said:

That's who I completely forgot about... Cook. Did he record a stat last year?
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,973

Tequilla said:

That's who I completely forgot about... Cook. Did he record a stat last year?
    He was the one safety that sought out contact at times. Wasn’t particularly good but maybe might could be with another year or two if he can improve in coverage.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,560
    Founders Club
    I'd take this kid in a heartbeat, and I still believe in Irvin, I am convinced he is going to be a good player this year and a future star, assuming there is a season.