Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Where my Peleton guysm at?

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,892
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Any of you noyds ever try one of these silly Peleton bikes yet? I got Mrs Snow one for Christmas like every other cake eating, soc family (hi @huskyhooligan ) has done during Covid.

I'm not really into the idea of taking a virtual spin class, but the scenic rides they have are pretty spectacular. I did a 30 min scenic ride through the country-side of France pretending I was a 6'6" Greg LeMond. And as I'm looking on the screen I see that 60 other Peleton dorks across the world are doing the same ride as me that day. I went ahead and crushed all other riders that day en route to 1st place and my first Peleton Yella Jersey. Suck it wimps.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,811
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2021

The Throbber is the KING of Peloton meditation.

Ross Rayburn and Aditi Shah are my favorites.

Get the app and a monthly subscription and whatever bike/treadmill you want/can afford. We allegedly have a NordicTrak treadmill.

Did I tell you I am the KING of Peloton naps meditation?
  • Options

The Throbber is the KING of Peloton meditation.

Ross Rayburn and Aditi Shah are my favorites.

Get the app and a monthly subscription and whatever bike/treadmill you want/can afford. We allegedly have a NordicTrak treadmill.

Did I tell you I am the KING of Peloton naps meditation?

That’s some @DerekJohnson wheelhouse right there.
    For $12.99 per month she can lull you to sleep daily.

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Riding bikes gives you nut cancer. Pass.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

That and it makes you a giant dick. I hate cyclists like @BennyBeaver riding 2 abreast on a Seattle arterial.

Worthless without @chuck
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I'll wait a couple years when the new fad or study has everyone ditching their peletons on craigslist, after sitting in the corner of their bedrooms holding coats and drying towels. Plus, I enjoy my time in the local gym sauna / steam room. I currently have memberships to every gym in a 50 mile radius with at least one of the two.

I think you'll be in luck. It's grossly overpriced stationary bike. But if it gets the soc mommies to exercise it's a good thing.
    My neighbor's wife got one. Started out well but the Peloton updates have dwindled dramatically over the past few months. By next year my wife will probably tell me we can buy it from them for $500 if we want.
  • Options

That and it makes you a giant dick. I hate cyclists like @BennyBeaver riding 2 abreast on a Seattle arterial.

The Boss hydraulic snow plow wing is quite effective at knocking those fucks into the ditch.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Boss hydraulic snow plow wing is quite effective at knocking those fucks into the ditch.
    I don't ride my bike outside in the winter time. That's just dumb.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'll wait a couple years when the new fad or study has everyone ditching their peletons on craigslist, after sitting in the corner of their bedrooms holding coats and drying towels. Plus, I enjoy my time in the local gym sauna / steam room. I currently have memberships to every gym in a 50 mile radius with at least one of the two.

I think you'll be in luck. It's grossly overpriced stationary bike. But if it gets the soc mommies to exercise it's a good thing.
    My neighbor's wife got one. Started out well but the Peloton updates have dwindled dramatically over the past few months. By next year my wife will probably tell me we can buy it from them for $500 if we want.
    I believe. Part of me giving in and telling Dave Ramsey to F.O. was that I would use it, at least, 2 times a week in the winter as an overpriced spin bike.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Yeah, a Peloton is how I maintain my physique

Said no guy that gets laid, ever

A Peloton costs less than most Seattle gym memberships...not that you'd know that
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,073
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

The one day I stumble into your tailgate looking for sexual favors, I will not hesitate to comment on your fit wife(s).
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Any of you noyds ever try one of these silly Peleton bikes yet? I got Mrs Snow one for Christmas like every other cake eating, soc family (hi @huskyhooligan ) has done during Covid.

I'm not really into the idea of taking a virtual spin class, but the scenic rides they have are pretty spectacular. I did a 30 min scenic ride through the country-side of France pretending I was a 6'6" Greg LeMond. And as I'm looking on the screen I see that 60 other Peleton dorks across the world are doing the same ride as me that day. I went ahead and crushed all other riders that day en route to 1st place and my first Peleton Yella Jersey. Suck it wimps.

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/1407021#Comment_1407021
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/1407021#Comment_1407021
    Nothing has changed with me.
  • Options

I don't ride my bike outside in the winter time. That's just dumb.
    I don't take my plow off until the end of June.

That's just good hunting skills.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Worthless without @chuck
    I guess I've ranted here about bicyclists riding like dicks. You're either a functional vehicle with all of the same rights, responsibilities, and capabilities as the other vehicles (such as the ability to go the speed limit) or you're not and therefore don't belong on the road.

I want bicycles classified as ORVs and banned from public roads statewide, except where allowed by local ordinance. Let muni governments decide where they can ride.