Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

When did we go from flatten the curve in order to keep hospitals from being over-run...

2»

Comments

• Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,373
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I remember pretty well that early on in this thing the belief was that nearly everyone who could get the virus would get the virus and that we needed to protect the old people and just slow the spread so that people who got the vid and needed hospitalization would have a bed available to them. Somewhere along the line that changed to nobody should ever get the virus and we should keep everything locked down until we can guarantee that.

When the authoritarians (fascists) like Jay Chinslee and Adolph Newsom figured out the sheeple wouldn't fight back, they tightened the screws and changed the narrative.

You do remember when 'liberal' meant being in favor of the rights of the individual and protection against government intrusion into one's civil liberties, right? That word got re-defined and it's now 'progressive' to limit the individual's unalienable rights and allowing the state to determine what is best for the individual....as long as it is exactly what the state wants.

I still think that their desire to shut everything down was more about hurting Trump then it ever was about the vid and now they have to continue that narrative because they're totally committed to it.

How is it that I could go into a Costco packed with people all through out this pandemic but I couldn't go to a barber with just me and the barber in the room?
    Bingo!

It took exactly a week post election for some rat governors and mayors to start "suggesting" it was time to open things up again. A little too obvious.

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dflea said:

SFGbob said:

dflea said:

First the covid was going away the day after the election, now it's going to last forever.

You guys need to settle on one story. You're all over the place.

Too much money to be made by continuing the hype. Blue state public employee pension plans don't get bailed out without the fear of the vid still being out there.
    Got it. Just wondering how you got from there to here.

Good luck the rest of the way.
    Looked at the $2trillion Covid Bill the Rats are pushing. Never let a crisis go to waste is your party's prime directive.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,877
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I remember pretty well that early on in this thing the belief was that nearly everyone who could get the virus would get the virus and that we needed to protect the old people and just slow the spread so that people who got the vid and needed hospitalization would have a bed available to them. Somewhere along the line that changed to nobody should ever get the virus and we should keep everything locked down until we can guarantee that.

When the authoritarians (fascists) like Jay Chinslee and Adolph Newsom figured out the sheeple wouldn't fight back, they tightened the screws and changed the narrative.

You do remember when 'liberal' meant being in favor of the rights of the individual and protection against government intrusion into one's civil liberties, right? That word got re-defined and it's now 'progressive' to limit the individual's unalienable rights and allowing the state to determine what is best for the individual....as long as it is exactly what the state wants.

I still think that their desire to shut everything down was more about hurting Trump then it ever was about the vid and now they have to continue that narrative because they're totally committed to it.

How is it that I could go into a Costco packed with people all through out this pandemic but I couldn't go to a barber with just me and the barber in the room?
    Science!!
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,009
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

It certainly started out that way. Once the money started flowing and crazy people got a taste of the power it evolved quickly. Jays interview with MyBrandi in early May where he openly admitted this was chance to reshape society was an early tell. It’s so laughable that the Trump being an authoritarian narrative is still out there.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,285
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dflea said:

First the covid was going away the day after the election, now it's going to last forever.

Nobody expected your team to get even more crazy. You know why many expected the story to go away after the election and you know why it will never go away. Why do you suppot this insanity?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,565
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What changed on January 20 was blaming the president

It takes time to unwind the fear and politicians hate to give up power
  • Options
    PrestonluvPrestonluv Member Posts: 275
    edited March 2021
    dflea said:

I do remember hearing some of my friends say this. "It will be over after the election" Now they are saying the ;eft wants to keep the restrictions in place because of power. Completely hypocritical.

They translate what happens out here in fucking west coast naziville to the rest of the liberal states. I try and tell them that most blue states are not like Wash, Oregon and Cali. Most blue states are more moderate than what we have out here. Its why some of them go red in certain presidential years.

I have seriously considered moving in a year as my Son will graduate from high school this year. Our state is an utter embarrassment. The whole west coast is an embarrassment for that matter politically. Its the equivalent of the Mississippi's and Alabama's on the right side. Just closed minded and wrong.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

dflea said:

I do remember hearing some of my friends say this. "It will be over after the election" Now they are saying the ;eft wants to keep the restrictions in place because of power. Completely hypocritical.

They translate what happens out here in fucking west coast naziville to the rest of the liberal states. I try and tell them that most blue states are not like Wash, Oregon and Cali. Most blue states are more moderate than what we have out here. Its why some of them go red in certain presidential years.

I have seriously considered moving in a year as my Son will graduate from high school this year. Our state is an utter embarrassment. The whole west coast is an embarrassment for that matter politically. Its the equivalent of the Mississippi's and Alabama's on the right side. Just closed minded and wrong.
    What blue states are more moderate that what you have out here? New York? Illinois? Maryland? Most blue states are just as Rat fuck crazy as what you have out there.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,009
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dflea said:

I’ve been saying since late April that it wasn’t over from the dems perspective until states got their bailouts. I shifted in about June to it’s likely never going to be over even with bailouts.

Those who thought it was going to be over after the election underestimated the derangement of the democrats.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Bob_C said:

dflea said:

I’ve been saying since late April that it wasn’t over from the dems perspective until states got their bailouts. I shifted in about June to it’s likely never going to be over even with bailouts.

Those who thought it was going to be over after the election underestimated the derangement of the democrats.
    Guilty as charged. I way, way under estimated their desire to rape the treasury to bailout their blue states and to reward their donor class.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2021
    Hey guys, remember that in a year we have gone from not needing masks to needing two masks. The “ new strains” are going to be very deadly.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    SFGbob said:

dflea said:

What blue states are more moderate that what you have out here? New York? Illinois? Maryland? Most blue states are just as Rat fuck crazy as what you have out there.
    Michigan
    Minnesota
    Pennsylvania
    Virginia
    Wisconsin
    Colorado
    New Mexico

Some of these are tweener states but most lean left by a fair amount.

Washington
    Oregon
    California
    New York
    Mass
    Conn
    Maryland
    Rhodey

These are all far left states with California king of the castle

Insert the southeast for the far right states.

I'm just saying that we should not think of all liberals the same way we think of washington liberals. We should also not think of Republicans the same way we think of southern republicans.

• Options
    edited March 2021

Hey guys, remember that in a year we have gone from not needing masks to needing two masks. The “ new strains” are going to be very deadly.

This whole Brazil thing is laughable

They have 20% less deaths per capital and a higher IFR. So they have nowhere near the infection level we have. The new variant down there isn't reinfecting people in the masses....its infecting people who never had it with a few retreads along the way. If people bothered to read and research these fear mongering articles they would realize the reinfections are rare even with the variant. Even if they undercounted their deaths the transmittivity level of the variant means the herd immunity will be closer to 80% than 65-70%. This will be irrelevant in the USA as we are already past the 50% mark combing infections with vaccinations per the CDC and IHME
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2021
    Michigan
    Minnesota
    Pennsylvania
    Virginia
    Wisconsin
    Colorado
    New Mexico

States that voted for Trump or that have had Republican Govs and or Senators in the last 4 years aren't really very blue. More like Purple. Look of at the states that Trump lost big like California and New York or that haven't had a Republican Senator in over 10 years and then you're comparing apples to apples. The nuts in New York are no different than the nuts in Oregon.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,122
    Founders Club
    Cozy as fuck in Texas

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,178
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

or the fact that pot shops were open but gyms were closed.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,565
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This is what stopped

• Options
    SFGbob said:

Michigan
    Minnesota
    Pennsylvania
    Virginia
    Wisconsin
    Colorado
    New Mexico

States that voted for Trump or that have had Republican Govs and or Senators in the last 4 years aren't really very blue. More like Purple. Look of at the states that Trump lost big like California and New York or that haven't had a Republican Senator in over 10 years and then you're comparing apples to apples. The nuts in New York are no different than the nuts in Oregon.

Agree with New York. They give california a run for the most looney toon liberals in the USA
  • Options

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

or the fact that pot shops were open but gyms were closed.
    This is an example of the liberal politicians not representing their liberal voters.

I dont know one everyday life Democrat that agreed with this.