Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

When did we go from flatten the curve in order to keep hospitals from being over-run...

SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
to keep everything locked down until no one can get the virus?

Comments

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    I remember pretty well that early on in this thing the belief was that nearly everyone who could get the virus would get the virus and that we needed to protect the old people and just slow the spread so that people who got the vid and needed hospitalization would have a bed available to them. Somewhere along the line that changed to nobody should ever get the virus and we should keep everything locked down until we can guarantee that.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Like I said, it's going to be fun to watch Biden admin try to sell it's ok now, after they have people saying it won't be normal until March 2022.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,919
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2021
    SFGbob said:

I remember pretty well that early on in this thing the belief was that nearly everyone who could get the virus would get the virus and that we needed to protect the old people and just slow the spread so that people who got the vid and needed hospitalization would have a bed available to them. Somewhere along the line that changed to nobody should ever get the virus and we should keep everything locked down until we can guarantee that.

When the authoritarians (fascists) like Jay Chinslee and Adolph Newsom figured out the sheeple wouldn't fight back, they tightened the screws and changed the narrative.

You do remember when 'liberal' meant being in favor of the rights of the individual and protection against government intrusion into one's civil liberties, right? That word got re-defined and it's now 'progressive' to limit the individual's unalienable rights and allowing the state to determine what is best for the individual....as long as it is exactly what the state wants.

It's a propaganda game and the leftist/Marxists have it down to a science with help from big tech.

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,965
    It was all about the steal.

This is a communist coup.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

When the authoritarians (fascists) like Jay Chinslee and Adolph Newsom figured out the sheeple wouldn't fight back, they tightened the screws and changed the narrative.

You do remember when 'liberal' meant being in favor of the rights of the individual and protection against government intrusion into one's civil liberties, right? That word got re-defined and it's now 'progressive' to limit the individual's unalienable rights and allowing the state to determine what is best for the individual....as long as it is exactly what the state wants.

I still think that their desire to shut everything down was more about hurting Trump then it ever was about the vid and now they have to continue that narrative because they're totally committed to it.

How is it that I could go into a Costco packed with people all through out this pandemic but I couldn't go to a barber with just me and the barber in the room?
    Of course it was/is. Someday those fuckers should hang upside down in the public square for what they've done to families and this country.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,285
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

Libs were already insane now they are getting dangerous. The really convinced ones that think this can kill you want bodily harm to come to those who disagree.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    RoadTrip said:

SFGbob said:

Libs were already insane now they are getting dangerous. The really convinced ones that think this can kill you want bodily harm to come to those who disagree.
    After everyone who wants a vaccine has gotten the vaccine which should be no later than June, how are they going to maintain their mask requirements and social distancing guidelines?

After I've been vaccinated I'm done with this bullshit. If I get the vaccine the likelihood that I can even get the vid is nearly impossible and even if I do get it, the odds that I'll get sick enough to require hospitalization is nearly zero. So why would anyone continue to wear a mask after that? The only people still wearing masks after July are going to be the people who have been mentally damaged by this crap.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,285
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

RoadTrip said:

SFGbob said:

After everyone who wants a vaccine has gotten the vaccine which should be no later than June, how are they going to maintain their mask requirements and social distancing guidelines?

After I've been vaccinated I'm done with this bullshit. If I get the vaccine the likelihood that I can even get the vid is nearly impossible and even if I do get it, the odds that I'll get sick enough to require hospitalization is nearly zero. So why would anyone continue to wear a mask after that? The only people still wearing masks after July are going to be the people who have been mentally damaged by this crap.
    I think they are here to stay. The insanity will continue in the public square just like political correctness continues to force additional tyranny upon us in the pursuit of "the common good". Some stores will continue to force that we wear them and until shoppers push back with their wallets (they won't), the masks will be required.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

RoadTrip said:

SFGbob said:

Doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out the next play. Identifiers on who has been vaccinated - those are free to go maskless in public or get on airplanes.

Those who resist are flagged as domestic terrorists/watch list. It's not a big stretch, fren.

We brought this shit on us with the Patriot Act because 'they' knew best how to protect us. It sounded good at the time because mean brown people....but it was fucking stupid in hindsight because that opened the door for all sorts of shenanigans at the government level. These fuckers are not 'our' people.

Probably never have been (Hi, there J. Edgar Hoover) but at least for the most part they stayed out of our shit.

Now our appliances can hear us.

Fuck.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    RoadTrip said:

SFGbob said:

RoadTrip said:

SFGbob said:

I think they are here to stay. The insanity will continue in the public square just like political correctness continues to force additional tyranny upon us in the pursuit of "the common good". Some stores will continue to force that we wear them and until shoppers push back with their wallets (they won't), the masks will be required.
    I think it hits a critical mass of people who just refuse to wear a mask and then infection rates still continue to drop. The people still wearing masks will look ridiculous.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

RoadTrip said:

SFGbob said:

Doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out the next play. Identifiers on who has been vaccinated - those are free to go maskless in public or get on airplanes.

Those who resist are flagged as domestic terrorists/watch list. It's not a big stretch, fren.

We brought this shit on us with the Patriot Act because 'they' knew best how to protect us. It sounded good at the time because mean brown people....but it was fucking stupid in hindsight because that opened the door for all sorts of shenanigans at the government level. These fuckers are not 'our' people.

Probably never have been (Hi, there J. Edgar Hoover) but at least for the most part they stayed out of our shit.

Fuck.

If you choose not to get vaccinated that's on you. I don't care one way or the other. If I've been vaccinated I'm protected from the people who don't get vaccinated.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

RoadTrip said:

SFGbob said:

Fuck.

If you choose not to get vaccinated that's on you. I don't care one way or the other. If I've been vaccinated I'm protected from the people who don't get vaccinated.
    Strong disagree. A precondition for movement is to stick something in my arm?!?! Fuck that. Not with less than a year of testing. Christ, half the commercials on TV are for drugs and 20 seconds of each spot they list off the shitty side effects - do any of the PSAs for vaccine do that? No - they don't. Why is that?

And if you're vaccinated, what difference does it make if I'm vaccinated? You should have immunity, right?

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    First the covid was going away the day after the election, now it's going to last forever.

You guys need to settle on one story. You're all over the place.
  • Options
    dflea said:

First the covid was going away the day after the election, now it's going to last forever.

OK, Fauci@Dflea.

• Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

RoadTrip said:

SFGbob said:

Fuck.

Strong disagree. A precondition for movement is to stick something in my arm?!?! Fuck that. Not with less than a year of testing. Christ, half the commercials on TV are for drugs and 20 seconds of each spot they list off the shitty side effects - do any of the PSAs for vaccine do that? No - they don't. Why is that?

And if you're vaccinated, what difference does it make if I'm vaccinated? You should have immunity, right?

Where did I say you couldn't move? You're free to move, and so am I.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    dflea said:

Too much money to be made by continuing the hype. Blue state public employee pension plans don't get bailed out without the fear of the vid still being out there.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

RoadTrip said:

SFGbob said:

Fuck.

Where did I say you couldn't move? You're free to move, and so am I.
    For now -

I think I related the story of my buddy who refuses to get together with a group of us for beers until at least 80% of us are vaccinated. Which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Why 80%, why not 100%? Why not 50%?

If he chooses to vaxx, why does he give a fuck whether we do? We're the ones who are going to die - more likely from liver failure but I digress.

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    SFGbob said:

dflea said:

Too much money to be made by continuing the hype. Blue state public employee pension plans don't get bailed out without the fear of the vid still being out there.
    Got it. Just wondering how you got from there to here.

Good luck the rest of the way.