Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dems unveil ultra-millionaire tax on top 0.05%

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,230
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

alumni94 said:

Why don't we go back to the fine idea of a flat tax and simplify (i.e. eliminate) much of the tax process? I would vote for this before a system that goes after successful people, what type of culture does that breed?

A commie one is what is breeds.

Nothing says chattel slavery like a progressive tax on multimillionaires.
    Nothnig says envious shitbag like wanting to live off the sweat of your neighbors brow,
    You must live in a ritzier neighborhood than I do. The proposed tax starts at fifty million dollars.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,880
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    My heart bleeds for the Billy Idol rich
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

alumni94 said:

Why don't we go back to the fine idea of a flat tax and simplify (i.e. eliminate) much of the tax process? I would vote for this before a system that goes after successful people, what type of culture does that breed?

Nothnig says envious shitbag like wanting to live off the sweat of your neighbors brow,
    Dazzler feels he has an entitlement to the labor of others. Rat party members really haven't changed all that much from their antebellum brethren.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

alumni94 said:

Dazzler feels he has an entitlement to the labor of others. Rat party members really haven't changed all that much from their antebellum brethren.
    A 2% tax on vast fortunes is just like chattel slavery. I already conceded that.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

alumni94 said:

A 2% tax on vast fortunes is just like chattel slavery. I already conceded that.
    A feeling of entitlement to the labor of others doesn't require a certain percentage Dazzler.
  • Options
    They weren’t going to pay me directly, blob. I’ll still be a payer too.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited March 2021
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

How does the constitution allow disparate treatment because you make more money? Asking for a friend.

Your $50,000,001 gets taxed at the same rate as my $50,000,001. Equal treatment.
    Out of principle, I think it's bullshit to tax money that has already been taxed. But that's another discussion.

Either way, you know the ultra wealthy will just transfer their hard assets, right? Money can be sent to overseas accounts, and physical property can be transferred within family, or to trusts. They already have a plan.

https://www.fa-mag.com/news/how-to-protect-client-assets-from-a-wealth-tax-53392.html#:~:text=Meanwhile, a charitable remainder trust,wealth tax, according to Aucamp.

Then once the government realizes they are running short on the funds they want, they'll progressively move the needle down until they can get the revenue they are wanting. Rich stay rich for a reason. They are either smarter or hire smarter people than we? are.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

They weren’t going to pay me directly, blob. I’ll still be a payer too.

Dazzler whatever happened to your fiscally responsible alternative standard?
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

How does the constitution allow disparate treatment because you make more money? Asking for a friend.

Your $50,000,001 gets taxed at the same rate as my $50,000,001. Equal treatment.
    Out of principle, I think it's bullshit to tax money that has already been taxed. But that's another discussion.

Either way, you know the ultra wealthy will just transfer their hard assets, right? Money can be sent to overseas accounts, and physical property can be transferred within family, or to trusts. They already have a plan.

https://www.fa-mag.com/news/how-to-protect-client-assets-from-a-wealth-tax-53392.html#:~:text=Meanwhile, a charitable remainder trust,wealth tax, according to Aucamp.

Then once the government realizes they are running short on the funds they want, they'll progressively move the needle down until they can get the revenue they are wanting. Rich stay rich for a reason. They are either smarter or hire smarter people than we? are.
    plagiarize my shit, fucko - albeit in more elaborate language

• Options
    edited March 2021

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

The appreciation on long held assets hasn't been taxed. Large fortunes primarily consist of appreciated assets. And tracking the flows in order to discover tax evasion wouldn't be insurmountable at all. Plus the prize would be large. (Why not add multimillion dollar penalties and interest to the 2% assessment, right?)

All that said, this won't get enacted anytime soon. It could be useful, however, as a vehicle for looking at the tax code and how it favors the establishment of a permanent upper class and an oligarchy.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    They'll pass the Super Duper Big Meanie Gazillionaire Tax and run in the midterms on it.

And nobody will ever pay it. And the Dems could care less. They just want the votes.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,373
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    HHusky said:

alumni94 said:

"Progressive tax"? There is no such thing. All taxes create a negative reaction. The "little people" will pay the bill at the end of the day.

Your comment is typical rat bullshit.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,590
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    20% flat tax for any person/corp over 50k

No loopholes.
    No Corp deductions.

Deal?
  • Options
    thechatch said:

No loopholes.
    No Corp deductions.

Deal?

Absolutely terrible idea.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    thechatch said:

No loopholes.
    No Corp deductions.

Deal?

Too high, 8%
  • Options

HHusky said:

alumni94 said:

"Progressive tax"? There is no such thing. All taxes create a negative reaction. The "little people" will pay the bill at the end of the day.

Of course. We all remember the postwar hellscape of the mid 20th Century.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2021
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

alumni94 said:

Of course. We all remember the postwar hellscape of the mid 20th Century.
    You mean when we had a 90% income tax rate that few if any people paid?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Lawyers should pay a 90% flat rate.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2021
    Sledog said:

Lawyers should pay a 90% flat rate.

I'd be in favor of a 100% tax on phony conservatives who claimed Mike Brown was shot in the back while running away.
  • Options
    Imagine my surprise that the usual suspects can't engage.