Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rats set $1.9 TRILLION vote on Covid payouts to donors at 2am tonight

NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
Only 9% of it goes to immediate relief but blue state public pensions are totally bailed out for a year or so before the next bailout.

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I'm still for the 15 and hour. Should be 20. But they throw the fucking pork in and it pisses me off
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,131
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I’m told democracy dies in the darkness
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,946
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I'm still for the 15 and hour. Should be 20. But they throw the fucking pork in and it pisses me off

I’m for let the business owner decide. I’m for let the employee GTFO if he doesn’t like it or can find something better.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited February 2021

I’m for let the business owner decide. I’m for let the employee GTFO if he doesn’t like it or can find something better.
    Eh I agree in a sense but I work for a company that is cheap as fuck. And the low class and quality talent we bring in then turn over is totally retarded. While I agree the answer is to decide to pay more it would personally benefit me if my colleagues were able to hire better people.

Fuck I just hired another guy for like 45k right out of college and the only way I could do it was selling him on teaching him and building his resume.

Then I see these customer service people at like 14 an hour and I'm like ugh

Now I have to explain to him that we deal with shitty people and get used to always dealing with shitty people.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,029
    I wonder how much the rats get to pocket on the kickbacks?
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Eh I agree in a sense but I work for a company that is cheap as fuck. And the low class and quality talent we bring in then turn over is totally retarded. While I agree the answer is to decide to pay more it would personally benefit me if my colleagues were able to hire better people.

Fuck I just hired another guy for like 45k right out of college and the only way I could do it was selling him on teaching him and building his resume.

Then I see these customer service people at like 14 an hour and I'm like ugh

Now I have to explain to him that we deal with shitty people and get used to always dealing with shitty people.
    Raising the minimum wage won’t fix that problem. The option to hire better employees at higher wages is always there, someone(s) in your organization have made the decision that it’s better for the bottom line to cycle through retards than to hire better employees. Your employer will simply be forced to pay those retards more than they’re worth and then either raise prices risking loss of business or let a few additional retards go to cover the imposed cost.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,237
    Founders Club
    a Covid relief bill where reportedly only 9% goes to relief
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

I wonder how much the rats get to pocket on the kickbacks?

$1.9 trillion.

We live in a banana republic...the Fed Reserve prints money to let the frauds in charge pay off political supporters, including giving govt workers who have been guaranteed a job and paycheck and flexibility to work at home throughout this entire pandemic fraud a payoff of $21k ($1,400 week x 15 weeks).

I’m surprised anyone is surprised.

The Fed is the true criminal in this...if the crooks in Congress tried this and interest rates shot up to 5% or higher because no one would buy the shite govt bonds needed to fund this at the current rates you would see outrage and they couldn’t get away with it. Instead the Fed prints money to hide and enable this criminal behavior.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Democrats have used labeling as a bait and switch tactic for as long as I can remember. So called COVID relief bill is not about COVID relief. This is about quid pro quo to states, public unions, et al, led by fellow travelers, and additional crack "free money" to increase the number of addicted dependents. What they're doing is disgusting and the MSM will run cover for them to make sure they get away with it.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

There’s a bunch of money going to things like childcare, rent assistance, re opening schools, unemployment insurance that’s not being counted as “relief”. Most dems are still liberals who bow to their corporate masters but the bill is not bad.

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2021

You seem surprised. I’m proud of Biden to even make it close to double digits. When his dumb ass tried to pass a minimum wage law into a relief bill, I knew this thing was full of crap.

Hey Kobe, explain how a minimum wage law applied to Covid relief.
  • Options
    Bob_C said:

There’s a bunch of money going to things like childcare, rent assistance, re opening schools, unemployment insurance that’s not being counted as “relief”. Most dems are still liberals who bow to their corporate masters but the bill is not bad.

A huge chunk of the schools money is for 2022 and later. How is that being used to reopen the schools?

Dig deeper.
    And this is why it’s obviously just a game to you guys. I demonstrate that the 9% number is bullshit, that way more is going to help people and there’s no acknowledgement at all. Just on to the next talking point.
  • Options

You seem surprised. I’m proud of Biden to even make it close to double digits. When his dumb ass tried to pass a minimum wage law into a relief bill, I knew this thing was full of crap.

Hey Kobe, explain how a minimum wage law applied to Covid relief.
    I can’t think of how a wage increase, to essential front line workers, applies to Covid relief.

Totally stumped.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,946
    edited February 2021
    Bob_C said:

A huge chunk of the schools money is for 2022 and later. How is that being used to reopen the schools?

Dig deeper.
    @TheKobeStopper was told there wouldn't be detail on the test.

Just the talking points.

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Dig deeper.
    And this is why it’s obviously just a game to you guys. I demonstrate that the 9% number is bullshit, that way more is going to help people and there’s no acknowledgement at all. Just on to the next talking point.
    Opening up the economy is the best cure to all of these issues that is addressed by the spending. It’s a game and a crime to hold the citizens hostage with spending that has nothing to do with opening up.

Still no answer as to why we can’t just do a bill that cuts checks and nothing else.
    Exactly, open up the economy and let people go back to work. The government paying people not to work is a fucking disaster.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter

Yeah if you're completely irresponsible fiscally the bill is great. Why shouldn't taxpayers bailout public employee union pensions funds?