Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

All those bullshit excuses are getting exposed now

2»

Comments

• Options
    death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
    5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1 5 Awesomes
    The adults are now in charge.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Other than charging people for inaccurate and often fictional bullshit, one of my biggest complaints about doogman and their shitty posters is that they spin everything and make bullshit excuses. Josh Garnett goes to Stanford and you never fault a kid for going to Stanford. Banner (a true wdwha, he's terrible) goes to USC and it's because Lincoln Kennedy and him aren't close. Myles Jack went to UCLA because he's a Hollywood guy who loves the spotlight. You can't expect to compete with USC for Max Browne, besides he didn't fit Sark's offense anyway.

You can spin any recruit choosing another school, and of course there are reasons why they chose the school they did. A coach that knows what the fuck he is doing might lose a guy here and there, but they are getting almost every one of those guys.

They were already starting to spin McGary. I don't give a fuck that McGary wants to major in agriculture or that Seattle is too big. It's not hard to convince the kid that he can still be whatever he wants even without an agriculture degree and that a UW degree in anything is better than an Agriculture degree from WSU or OSU. It's not hard to give him a list of mountains, fishings areas, and places to hunt a fairly short drive from Seattle.

You forgot the most important one:

[Name of Player] goes to Oregon. He's a low character guy, can't handle the academics/didn't qualify at UW, likes the flash, Nike bought him, etc.

The Oregon excuses were the best.
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

It's not hard to give him a list of mountains, fishings areas, and places to hunt a fairly short drive from Seattle.
    There was a relatively small section of The Husky Hitman that Hoffmann and I removed that detailed him and his teammates going into the wilderness and Olympic Peninsula to fish and hunt.

I wish I had a hun for every avid fisherman/hunter I met during my 40 years living in Seattle who served in the military or worked in the Puget Sound area temporally and couldn't wait to move back to Seattle to have the area's convenient outdoor sports available again. Not just hunting and fishing, but also hiking, mountain climbing, boating, skiing, or just ordinary camping. If you can put up with the mobs of people hitting the outdoors every weekend, the Seattle area is beyond famous for access to practically anything an outdoorsman could want. Not so much in Pullman or even Corvallis where stuff like water and mountains are not as close by.

A kid from Fife or anywhere in western Washington whose an avid outdoorsman knows this better than I. From his recent comments, it sounds like McGary always wanted to stay home and only needed a convincing pitch from the new coaching staff to select UW. This stuff about the draw of Ag schools at WSU or OSU is horseshit. The kid wants to play football, get a great education, and have his family close for support like most young men. With recruiting like this, UW could be back to the basic concepts our football program thrives on very soon.

• Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

uw2010 said:

Disagree
    Completely disagree.