Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

All those bullshit excuses are getting exposed now

dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
the minute sark left and was replaced by a guy who valued in state recruiting kids suddenly want to stay in state, coincidence? I think not.
All of that weather, and kids just want a new experience, and the fence doesn't matter anymore bullshit holds no water. It's about the coach, and nothing else.

Comments

• Options
    oh and don't forget the twitter/internet excuse, I'm pretty sure Budda Baker is on twitter
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

the minute sark left and was replaced by a guy who valued in state recruiting kids suddenly want to stay in state, coincidence? I think not.
    All of that weather, and kids just want a new experience, and the fence doesn't matter anymore bullshit holds no water. It's about the coach, and nothing else.

Kim doesn't know shit.

WIW.

• Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

dhdawg said:

Kim doesn't know shit.

WIW.

South end real estate. Allegedly.

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2014
    I thought we didn't care were the players came from, even didn't care if they came from Jupiter as long as we got the best. Who cares if they are from Washington. Wasn't the the party line?
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I thought we didn't care were the players came from, even didn't care of they came from Jupiter as long as wel got the best. Who cares if they are from Washington. Wasn't the the party line?

That was the Doog line ....yes. Spin ANYTHING....

• Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    What I'm hearing is there's no such thing as the fence anymore. Since Al Gore invented the internet and this thing called twitter, kids don't need to stay home anymore. Again, that's just what I'm hearing. Learn the fucking difference.
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I thought we didn't care were the players came from, even didn't care if they came from Jupiter as long as we got the best. Who cares if they are from Washington. Wasn't the the party line?

I don't care what the party or doog line is when it comes to sitting in Husky Stadium watching a game live. I know I'm old and outdated, but I like to watch a mix of local kids, California kids, even kids from far away places like Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Arizona or Texas. It's our tradition to have a roster diversified and mostly west coast. Bottom line, when we have been good, I mean really good, the Husky core group included the best from the Puget Sound's area, Bay Area Californians, L.A. Basin Californians and a smattering of the best UW recruiters could find from other places. It's what we'll always have to have to compete with and beat the football powers down south.

• Options
    uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2014
    Other than charging people for inaccurate and often fictional bullshit, one of my biggest complaints about doogman and their shitty posters is that they spin everything and make bullshit excuses. Josh Garnett goes to Stanford and you never fault a kid for going to Stanford. Banner (a true wdwha, he's terrible) goes to USC and it's because Lincoln Kennedy and him aren't close. Myles Jack went to UCLA because he's a Hollywood guy who loves the spotlight. You can't expect to compete with USC for Max Browne, besides he didn't fit Sark's offense anyway.

You can spin any recruit choosing another school, and of course there are reasons why they chose the school they did. A coach that knows what the fuck he is doing might lose a guy here and there, but they are getting almost every one of those guys.

They were already starting to spin McGary. I don't give a fuck that McGary wants to major in agriculture or that Seattle is too big. It's not hard to convince the kid that he can still be whatever he wants even without an agriculture degree and that a UW degree in anything is better than an Agriculture degree from WSU or OSU. It's not hard to give him a list of mountains, fishings areas, and places to hunt a fairly short drive from Seattle.
  • Options
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2014

It's not hard to give him a list of mountains, fishings areas, and places to hunt a fairly short drive from Seattle.

I find it funny that Ecklund thought McGary might pick OSU/WSU because he is a country kid who loves hunting/fishing as if Western Washington had a shortage areas to do that. What was he just going to take a gun and go into his backyard and hunt? Christ you will be driving somewhere regardless to go hunting/fishing.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,274
    Founders Club

It's not hard to give him a list of mountains, fishings areas, and places to hunt a fairly short drive from Seattle.

I find it funny that Ecklund thought McGary might pick OSU/WSU because he is a country kid who loves hunting/fishing as if Western Washington had a shortage areas to do that. What was he just going to take a gun and go into his backyard and hunt? Christ you will be driving somewhere regardless to go hunting/fishing.
    There was a relatively small section of The Husky Hitman that Hoffmann and I removed that detailed him and his teammates going into the wilderness and Olympic Peninsula to fish and hunt.
  • Options
    chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    uw2010 said:

My eyes may deceive me, but is Super Bowl one word on that champagne?
  • Options

They were already starting to spin McGary. I don't give a fuck that McGary wants to major in agriculture or that Seattle is too big. It's not hard to convince the kid that he can still be whatever he wants even without an agriculture degree and that a UW degree in anything is better than an Agriculture degree from WSU or OSU. It's not hard to give him a list of mountains, fishings areas, and places to hunt a fairly short drive from Seattle.

This was fucking annoying me all year when my Doog friends were making excuses about how we'll end up losing out on McGary. To how Oregon State fits his style more, Sark is recruiting better kids from Cali, how today's HS kid views Oregon State as better because you know we did go 0-12, etc.

It was so annoying, I kept saying those are just weak excuses they use because local coaches know Sark is a drunken frat guy who is in over his head. As always the Doogs were wrong.

Petersen is blowing up every Doog myth and will continue to do so next year.